DIY Flavours

Status
Not open for further replies.

vkarakav

Dec 4, 2017
Hi everyone, I’m new here but have enjoyed making my own vape juice for a while now but was wanting to make flavours from scratch to just out of curiosity.

Is there anyone here who makes their own flavours? Like from making fruit essence with different alcohols (vodka/rum) for example? Is using an alcohol based fruit essence dangerous when vaporised?

Sorry if this has been asked before

Reactions: stols001

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
From what I understand based upon the writings of other ECF'ers who are much more educated than I...

The vast majority of the flavorings we use are artificial, and for good reason. The homemade flavor extractions you're referring to are called "tinctures". While tinctures may be fine for ingestion, they usually contain a sizable amount sugars and organic material. Both can be unsafe if inhaled.

Personally, I leave the flavoring production to the pros.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I believe that there are quite few things that can be homemade DIY safely, including tobaccos (though it seems like quite a process) and maybe some teas, etc., but too many sugars or alcohols aren't great for inhalation. I know it's pretty weird to accept that artificial flavoring is safer, but it kind of seems to be the case.

The nice thing about DIY besides the fun and lessened cost, though, is you can experiment quite a bit with flavorings and percentages and really tweak your mixes. There is a lot more information on the DIY forum, honestly, but please don't think you can boil up a mess of cherries and get vapable results from the resulting liquid.

Best of luck, and you will be able to start figuring out what will work, and what might not. I've considered making my own chamomile flavor, since I love that tea so much, but it's probably best for me to just drink it.

Good luck! :)

Anna

Reactions: MacTechVpr

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
better off looking in the extraction forum. The process there works on most types of extraction but be careful with what you extract.
Most common are tea, tobacco, coffee, vanilla.
Liquid Extraction From Tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread