DIY inexpensive rubber Provari protective grip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zooker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
Washington State
Got my grips today at a local neighborhood motorcycle store. Same brand as the weblink earlier in this thread. $ 8.95 + tax. Both Provari and and the extension cap fit in the homemade sleeve. Use the larger diameter grip, the smaller one is too small of diameter. Used an exacto knife.

View attachment 129107 View attachment 129108 View attachment 129109
That turned out great! My husbands Provari arrived today, and after I showed him the pictures in this thread today, he went out in the garage and whacked off the end of the handgrip, leaving the wide lip end instead, and made it into a stand, lol...he tips over his stuff alot and said that's what he wanted, so there ya go--he can't put it in his pocket or anything like that, but he's been vapin' it right in the stand. Hey if he's happy, I'm happy--I told him I'm getting pink handgrips at the mx store tomorrow, and making mine like the ones here!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
That turned out great! My husbands Provari arrived today, and after I showed him the pictures in this thread today, he went out in the garage and whacked off the end of the handgrip, leaving the wide lip end instead, and made it into a stand, lol...he tips over his stuff alot and said that's what he wanted, so there ya go--he can't put it in his pocket or anything like that, but he's been vapin' it right in the stand.

I considered leaving some of that wide lip on the end, cutting a straight edge so that when the Provari is laid on its side it wouldn't be able to roll. That's one nice thing about those cubed Siam Mods tubes, being square they can't roll off a table or chair. I lost one of my favorite pyrex tanks last week when my Silver Bullet rolled off a bench about 2 feet onto a tile floor and shattered the tank.

spraintz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2010
Dallas, TX
If you have a Fry's Electronic near you then you can get the 1" heat shrink tubing in 3-4 foot lengths in different colors for about $4

FRYS.com | THE

I was up there today and had Provari in hand and it slid in the 1" tubing just fine, should shrink down perfectly.

I chose the motorcycle grip as I did not want a permanent/semi-permanent "skin" but rather a "case" of sorts for when I leave the house.

Post some pics if ya do that heat shrink

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
If you have a Fry's Electronic near you then you can get the 1" heat shrink tubing in 3-4 foot lengths in different colors for about $4

FRYS.com.|.THE

I was up there today and had Provari in hand and it slid in the 1" tubing just fine, should shrink down perfectly.

I chose the motorcycle grip as I did not want a permanent/semi-permanent "skin" but rather a "case" of sorts for when I leave the house.

Post some pics if ya do that heat shrink

Waiting with Bated Breath.

(Or BWBB for Short)

alffalvo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2012
Western Maryland
I have my new chrome provari and it's awesome for around the house and looks great when I want to show it off but I go camping in the desert and would hate to see my nice chrome mod all scratched and dinged up when I take it to a rough place. I tend to be lil rough on things and don't really mind but I came up with this from a suggestion on another thread and I went out and looked at my dirt bike's throttle grip and what do ya know.....the Provari slides in like it was made for it.

Material:
rubber "throttle side" dirt bike grip, tons of styles and colors. $5 - $20

tools:
razor blade or X-Acto knife, a lil creativity.

time:
maybe .5 - 1 beer job or less

enjoy:
20120822_154416.jpg

20120822_161407.jpg

20120822_161517.jpg

20120822_161608.jpg

Yamaha blue through and through!!!!!!:headbang:

Love It :toast:

DarklyNoon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2012
Virginia
Yea that sugru looks cool, I have some moto grips in my cart on amazon... just need a few more items to get to $25 for free shipping! lol What else can I get from amazon? They don't really have anything vape-related...

Vitamins man, they have a knockoff of the men's health from gnc at half the price... Take your vitamins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread