diy liquid burns my coils!!!!! please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlemagneh

Jan 7, 2016
I make my ejuice and let it steep for maybe a week. I use an ejuice calculator for my recipes. I know I can't be mixing them wrong. Its a 70/30 and I've made 60/40 blends. Just after I put the juice in my tank it will have a burnt taste. Why does this happen.???? I use pg and vg from ecig express flavor west and myfreedomsmokes flavorr. I don't know what I'm doing wrong

milandjikic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
Taste your juice. Seriously, take a drop directly on your tongue to feel hat will the taste approx. be.
Also, you have to make sure that your coil is primed really good.
When you mix u have to make sure that all your mixing equipment is as clean as possible. Even the smallest residue in syringe can pretty much ruin up the juice. Buy some grain alcohol, and wash out everything you use in hot water and give it a nice flush with grain alcohol and be careful not to misread instructions about flavor percentages...

charlemagneh

Jan 7, 2016
thank you for all the advice. Yes I am priming my coils first. I do clean everything with boiling water and alcohol before and after I use my mixing supplies. So I cape at 17 watts so ur saying that I should maybe turn it down to a lower wattage just to get the juice flowing.?.?.@milandjikic what do u mean by flavor percentages? Thank you for all the help

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
im using cranberry sweet and tart....candy flavors not mixed together just one flavor at a time trying to get my mixing down first. flavor west freedomsmokes are the two compines im using
Maybe the cotton is packed too tightly.

You want the cotton to be tight but still loose enough to slide in the coil.

charlemagneh

Jan 7, 2016
Sounds like too much sweetener for the wattage. Use less flavoring or wattage
thank you for the advice I will be turning down the wattage to see if that works but I don't use any sweetener. I use candy flavors and the only sweetner I have found has been like malt O meal or a cream....do you have any suggestions????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread