• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

DIY mixing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacques34

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2012
Gordons Bay, South Africa
Oupa, just want to thank you again for making this great kit available. Mixed some juices last night and they came out great! Actually seems better than my premixed juices! I mixed a banana split mix which is really good! Also mixed a choc mint cream mix which tastes like choc mint ice cream....also really good

oupa

Verified Member
Sep 29, 2011
Cape Town
Thanks for all the feedback guys! Feel free to spread the word! I can't even remember when last I vaped on any premixed big manufacturer juice... only my own mixes for more than a year now. Once you get the hang of DIY you will never look back :vapor:

I think we need to arrange a vapemeet or a mini vapefest or something soon so we can do some juice tasting, show off our mods and devices and maybe have a few cold ones! :toast:

What flavours do you have to mix with?

Hi Jaques34

I've got Mint, Berry & Passion fruit.

I have thought about it a bit and i think i should get a small enough syringe that will fit in the flavouring bottles because i'm using a syringe for everything else besides the flavouring (i'm using the dropper on the flavouring bottles).
Gonna drop by the pharmacy later to get a few later.
I will report back once i've tried again.

BTW i'm using the ejuice me up app to get the recipes/mixes.
Is that what everybody else uses?

Jacques34

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2012
Hi Jaques34

I've got Mint, Berry & Passion fruit.

I have thought about it a bit and i think i should get a small enough syringe that will fit in the flavouring bottles because i'm using a syringe for everything else besides the flavouring (i'm using the dropper on the flavouring bottles).
Gonna drop by the pharmacy later to get a few later.
I will report back once i've tried again.

BTW i'm using the ejuice me up app to get the recipes/mixes.
Is that what everybody else uses?

Hi, I like to experiment and use drops for my recipes. I mix my juice at about 9mg wit a 50/50 pg/vg mix. If I mix 100 drops for example I would go with 25 drops 36mg liquid,25 drops vg (the nic liquid is vg based, so count it as vg), 30 drops of flavour In total using a combination of flavours to your preference(like my liquids at 30% flavour with most flavours) and 20 drops pg. this is assuming that the flavours are pg based which they usually are. If I want more I just increase the drops in proportion.

Haven't been doing this for very long but have had great results using this basic principle. If you want your nic level higher, just increase the nic juice drops and reduce the vg drops by the same. If you want a different pg/vg ratio, reduce the vg drops and replace with pg in same number of drops. From here on it is a matter of finding your favorite combination of flavours.

I have also experimented with liquid sweetner in some that I bought from pick n pay. It worked really well to sweeten up the litchi and the berry. That is all my wife vapes now. I added about 8 to 10 drops of sweetner per 8-10ml liquid.

Let me know how how your liquids turn out...:vapor:

Thanks for the feedback Jaques.

I've been going according to the e-juice me up app (as strict as possible) and mixing 70/30 vg/pg and the flavor at 20 - 30 % , I've come to the realization that I like as little pg as possible otherwise I get a crappy taste. my tanks and coils keep that taste until I soak them in vodka and it's schlep to wait till the coil is dry (2 test coils in rotation).

I did 2 mixes yesterday and they were the least horrible so far, but still not nice enough to want to vape

The closest description of the taste I can give is.... uhm..... a chemically plasticy bleh.... lol

i'll give your method a go, but will only be able to do so later in the week and post a reply.

Thanks again

Jacques34

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2012
Thanks for the feedback Jaques.

I've been going according to the e-juice me up app (as strict as possible) and mixing 70/30 vg/pg and the flavor at 20 - 30 % , I've come to the realization that I like as little pg as possible otherwise I get a crappy taste. my tanks and coils keep that taste until I soak them in vodka and it's schlep to wait till the coil is dry (2 test coils in rotation).

I did 2 mixes yesterday and they were the least horrible so far, but still not nice enough to want to vape

The closest description of the taste I can give is.... uhm..... a chemically plasticy bleh.... lol

i'll give your method a go, but will only be able to do so later in the week and post a reply.

Thanks again

If you are going to go 70/30 VG/PG, I would suggest you don't use unflavoured PG at all. you may need to thin your liquid out a bit with a few drops of distilled water or vodka if you find that the liquid does not wick properly. Also keep in mind that PG carries flavours better, so I would suggest giving the 50/50 mix a try with a 100 drop recipe. If you don't like it, just add more VG, Nic juice and flavor and you should be close to your 70/30 ratio again.

umzungu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2013
Cape Town
Right - my experience so far with oupa kit.
I mix the nic 33% and PG 66% to get to 12mg nic 66%/33% PG/VG

Flavout I have tried so far - all individually havent started mixing yet.

Pineapple - good but a touch of chemical/burnt in the taste.
coffee - very strong - need to come to grips with it first
passionfruit - great - clean simple sweet/ delicious
banana - good banana flavour but a bit of an off taste like the pineapple.

I might be using too much flavour but will carry on experimenting.
Have mixed up some toffee - very dark and strong looking.

Got some more flavours to get through and then will start blending.

oupa

Verified Member
Sep 29, 2011
Cape Town
Thanks for all the feedback guys. The harsh chemical taste from some flavours come from using too much flavouring. Try lowering your flavour percentage... specifically with the Banana and the Pineapple. Some flavours are also better for blending with other flavours. Banana for instance goes excellently with Cinnamon or with a little cream or vanilla to round it off. Sometimes a drop or two too much or too little can make the world of difference, so start low and taste. Add a drop or too of flavouring and taste again, until you hit the spot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread