Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
There is a healthy market for DIY mod parts and a few places that specialize in them. You shouldn’t need to strip down a mod for parts. I haven’t been in the market for such things for a few years and what specific vendor knowledge I do have is likely uselessly out of date, but I’m sure someone will be along. There’s actually a sub forum for this stuff I think...

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Cheers mate. Do you know where i can get a basic one thats like a pen. Not fused about screen to start with just want something to regulate the output
What do you wish to regulate? Voltage? Wattage? Wire temperature? <-- Listed in increasing degrees of difficulty.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
Whats a kick mate?

Designed for a metal tube mod but could be incorporated in box with a little effort. I don't remember the specs but it is low wattage and adjustable.

EVV-2K-2.jpg

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I too think you might be better served by buying the parts you need, rather than cannibalizing from another setup. It's hard enough to build, but I'm not sure how easily you would be able to transform the guts from one setup to another. Is there a reason you don't want to just get a more traditional box mod? For something as simple as you want I could kind of see buying something premade, much more easily and possibly for less expense.

Although if this is your "dream" and you have some beautiful housing in mind I'd say go for it, but it's probably going to be a more complex process than you might think, so as you are working on assembling what you need, I'd probably stick close to the modding forum and ask questions as you go..

Best of luck, whatever you decide on doing!

Anna

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
You can take a look at modmaker.co.uk , they have all sorts of ready made mod building circuits, from simple switches with a mosfet ("switchfet") over screenless regulator bords to dna and yihi boards, all in the range of about 10$-100$.

Keep in mind that building a mod is not for beginners, if you want security then intermediate knowledge of electronics is strongly advised. Beginner errors can quickly cause shorts/failures and you'd be the maker of exactly the thing you wanted to avoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread