DIY Newbie, Cleanest Tasting Nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.

HazMatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Columbia, TN, USA
While I am looking to DIY for the first time, I am not a vaping newbie. I'm sure most, if not all of us, have experienced harsh, black pepper taste in an e-liquid. I am looking to avoid that taste. So, who sells the cleanest tasting nicotine?

Also, I would prefer pre-mixed, unflavored, 12mg, 40/60 pg/vg blend. From there, I can add flavor to end up with something between 8-9 mg strength, for use in my kayfuns. Or, add flavor and additional vg. Reducing nic to around 3mg for use in RDAs or around 6 mg in my Lemo.

Are there vendors to stay away from? Are there several quality vendors that would meet my needs? Any help appreciated.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Nic from Nude Nicotine, Vapers Tek, Bull City, RTS Vapes, and Inawerashop all seem to get good reviews and should be worth checking out. I don't know of any place that has premixed in the ratio you mentioned, but toss in a bottle of pg and pick up some Humco glycerin at Walmart and you should be good to go.

I use the UK sourced from Vapers Tek or Bull City.

HazMatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Columbia, TN, USA
Thanks for the suggestions. Looks like nude nic offers the closest solution to what I am looking for. And, since they offer a free 15ml bottle to first time customers, I may just go with the 100 mg sample. Might as well get as much "bang for the buck" as I can from the free sample.

I'm thinking of ordering the free 15 ml 100 mg sample, 120 ml of 30/70 pg/vg, and a sample pack of flavor concentrates. Vaping has kept me free from cigarettes for nearly two years and saved me money. I'm hoping that I enjoy DIY so, I can save even more money

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
I have tried Nicotine from wizard labs, rts, bull city, and nude. I like the Bullcity\vt nic and Nude Nicotine the best. With a preference for Nude as my top choice.

I need to test my stuff from RTS it is so harsh diluted to 6mg it makes me wonder if I got a higher concentration by accident. It doesn't have a bad flavor but just an outrageously strong throat hit.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
I have tried DIY Shack nicotine, it was flavorless to me. Wizard labs Nicotine, it also was flavorless and MFS Nicotine which is also flavorless to me. No pepper taste at all on any of them.
Just looking at the certificates, Nude Nicotines latest purity on their web site is 99.91%. MyFreedomSmokes purity is 99.92%. Nude nic 100 mg 1 liter is going for $105 right now, My freedom smokes (MFS) is selling for $50 for 1 liter 100 mg.

I have heard a lot about the "pepper" tasting nicotine but have yet to had any. I believe that is a thing of the past. I have most of a liter of MFS 100 ml in my freezer now and am thinking of buying another liter from them and also puting that in the freezer. I have heard of people who have placed nicotine in the freezer and are going on 7 years with no issues. Once the FDA starts regulating it I believe we will see 100mg liters of nicotine going for $300 or more.

shreduhsoreus

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Indianapolis
I have tried DIY Shack nicotine, it was flavorless to me. Wizard labs Nicotine, it also was flavorless and MFS Nicotine which is also flavorless to me. No pepper taste at all on any of them.
Just looking at the certificates, Nude Nicotines latest purity on their web site is 99.91%. MyFreedomSmokes purity is 99.92%. Nude nic 100 mg 1 liter is going for $105 right now, My freedom smokes (MFS) is selling for $50 for 1 liter 100 mg.

I have heard a lot about the "pepper" tasting nicotine but have yet to had any. I believe that is a thing of the past. I have most of a liter of MFS 100 ml in my freezer now and am thinking of buying another liter from them and also puting that in the freezer. I have heard of people who have placed nicotine in the freezer and are going on 7 years with no issues. Once the FDA starts regulating it I believe we will see 100mg liters of nicotine going for $300 or more.

That's not the latest certificate, that's old, they just haven't updated it online for whatever reason.

KIMG0009.jpg

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
More than likely the same thing with MFS and others nicotine. I believe they all come from just about the same source. How many places are able to make liquid nicotine in large batches in the US? Willing to bet not many and most suppliers are always waiting on a shipment of it.

shreduhsoreus

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Indianapolis
I don't like MFS as a company nor do I trust them, but that's a story for another time :p

Some of the recipes I've looked at recommend Nude or Vapers Tek over MFS because of the cleaner taste and higher purity, but that's just me going off of what other people say.

Considering that you can get a sample for $2 shipped it's worth trying it out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread