• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

DIY nicotine free e-liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyespan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2012
S.E.A
Just went to a bakery supplies shop today. Picked up some glycerin and a buncha non oil-based flavourings. Been vaping my concoctions all night and am still alive! :thumbup:

Wonderful... and welcome to the world of DIY mixing. It is fun and scary at the same time. How many times we wait a whole month for 5mls to steep just to find it tastes like cr@p. Then again I've made some you just can't buy on the market. Bakery stuff are alright. Some people are extremely careful in choosing non-oil flavors and USP grade PG/VG, kosher if you are Muslim or Jew. Others are just a little more heck care. Mix everything, talk later.

There are threads in ECF that focus on where and what to find, PG/VG wise. Poisoning yourself wise, I've not felt worse than having an analog again...... Duh... I fink id awwight!

Just remember to jot everything down. The percentages. The recipes can be found on ECF as well. Just remember bakery stuff tend to be stronger than say TPA. So cut down as neccesary.

shanks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2013
Grand Line
Just FYI in case you were wondering, I managed to find Glycerine BP which is medical grade (i am led to believe) at my local Guardian. Might be a tad safer then baking stuff interms of purity.

You have to see if its for external use (ie. to put on wound or so ). I doubt it is safer compare to baking stuff since baking stuff are consumable.

MRC

Jun 19, 2011
Paradise Island

Ash45

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
Unknown
has anyone here tried the glycerine from phoon huat? it says derived from plant on the label so im assuming its vg, feel like mixing up some with the pg based flavors from redman and using distilled water to thin out the taste a little. any issues i should take note of?
Go through the thread "Glycerine", I think what you need is pretty much covered there.

I did start a thread EXACTLY like you are asking and the vets helped me out on that so feel free to check out the post. Not sure how to link it but am sure its in my profile.

Summary is
Pharma grade > Food grade (you can get pharma grade from local pharmacy guardian)
If blending in with 100% PG juice, no distilled water required just add the VG and mix well.
I tried adding distilled water to VG and then to the PG. That REALLY watered down the flavour.

So unless you have VERY strong flavouring, I would add straight VG to the PG juice.
The net effect is tons of vapor and watered down flavour.

Aizerson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2013
Land for the Kiasu's
Guess what came knocking on d door.. My diy supplies..
Will give it a try..
C17CD289-71C1-4A26-93FF-FB5CCC4F8EC9-18095-000012ABD69848C3_zpsae35d2cc.jpg

eyespan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2012
S.E.A
Yah... KPS packaging. You should get some 5ml and 10ml bottles for taste testing also.... And syringe, and measuring cylinder, and maybe pipettes and burettes, and ................................................................................................................................................. and then you should be alright. :glare:

Ash45

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
Unknown
Yah... KPS packaging. You should get some 5ml and 10ml bottles for taste testing also.... And syringe, and measuring cylinder, and maybe pipettes and burettes, and ................................................................................................................................................. and then you should be alright. :glare:
Funny, I was contemplating on getting a small ultrasonic cleaner.
Throw all the mixed bottles in and see if it can reduce seeping period.

Can use it to wash my RBAs and things also.... well....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread