DIY questions, multiple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin 9

Aug 10, 2018
I bought a couple each of the 14ga, 16ga, and 18ga blunt needle tips when I first started DIY. I found that the 14ga were my preferred ones, so I then bought them in quantity, because I also share some with local new DIYers and friends, too.

Thanks for the further info (PG/VG/blunt needles etc). I may end up getting blunt needles/bottles from ebay, maybe even China based. Super cheap (like $4-5 for combinations), how badly can you screw stuff like that up? ;)

Reactions: JCinFLA

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I may end up getting blunt needles/bottles from ebay, maybe even China based.

FT has the 14ga blunt needles for cheap. I just ordered some more of these yesterday, along with some other stuff, during their 15% off sale:

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3040/10023598/5097200-14g-dispensing-refilling-needle-10-pack

As far as bottles...if you're talking about plastic ones for your eliquids, just make sure you get PP, LDPE, or HDPE bottles. The PP and LDPE are the easy squeezeable ones. The HDPE are more rigid and not easy to squeeze liquids from them, so I use those for making larger quantities of eliquids in, that I transfer to smaller PP or LDPE bottles later. You don't want PET or PETE plastic bottles, which are manufactured for 1-time use only. The other 3 types of plastics are fine...as they don't leech plastic chemicals into their contents with repeated use.

ETA: I have ordered the 14ga blunt needle tips in quantity before from an eBay seller. She shipped very fast and her prices were very reasonable. Her blunt needle tips even come with a plastic slip cover over them, too. I'll go get a link to her listings for them and will post it here for you.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
This is the seller's listing for 10 of the 14ga. However, she has various quantities available if you click to see her other listings.

10 Blunt Dispensing Needles Syringe Blunt Tip Needle 14 Ga 1 1/2" Luer Lock1.5" | eBay

As far as syringes in a variety of sizes...if you have a Tractor Supply store near you, they have really good prices on 3mL, 5mL, 6mL, 10mL, 12mL and larger syringes with the Luer Lock ends on them. The Luer Lock blunt needle tips above easily screw on/off of them. With the Slip syringes though, it doesn't screw on, but rather just pushes on (less secure connection).

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
If you plan to mix with syringes for a good while buy from a veterinary supply. They come in boxes of a hundred for the smaller and are dirt cheap.

It would take me forever to use 100 syringes. Been doing DIY since winter 2015 and have needed to replace only about a dozen total so far. The ones Tractor Supply carries (most of mine are from there) are a pretty decent quality though, much better than those FT and similar places carry.

Last edited:
Reactions: IDJoel

Merlin 9

Aug 10, 2018
Thanks for all the advice, links, info. Placed an order for solutions, flavors and some glass bottles for now. Have a mod which I will probably use at home, still trying to figure out a good refillable pod system for the road. I did get a small bottle of salts to try, along with a larger amount of freebase. Now just have to experiment with recipies, nic %s etc, I kind of like cinnamon/menthol. The TFA cinnamon spice looks good (not into the sweet stuff) and it is mixed with PG not alcohol. Got some menthol too, PG diluted, will probably try crystals also.

Reactions: IDJoel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread