Diy questions? Need advice!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly1988

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2019
Buffalo
I didn't see anyone mention it or I missed it-- Different manufacturers also have varying accuracy of flavor.

TFA never really made me happy when I started. It has been much easier FOR ME to get the flavor I wanted with Flavour Art (FA) ymmv. So many companies and they all have at least a few exceptional flavors.

Oh btw Enjoy Your DIY Journey!
That's so interesting. I thought it was just me because all of my research has even recommendations for TFA products... I can barely taste them. Thank you! That makes me want to look into other flavors :thumbs:

Reactions: CagedSpam

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
That's a really good idea. I have shisha, strawberry ripe and strawberry. I know I like my flavors sweet just from experience. Someone else tried my mix tonight and thought it's way to sweet lol but for me it's mute. Hmm.. based on my taste, do you think increasing the strawberry to maybe 8-9% would give me better taste?

I think your right on the ethyl maltol. There's only so much it can do.. but I did order sucralose and capella strawberry sweet. Hopefully the sucralose does the trick. I read on diy or die that for people who are used to vaping market flavors or store bought flavors are also used to sweet flavors. He said most add a lot of sucralose to the juice. And that if you want an experience like that then definitely use it. Well I summed it up but basically thats what I got out of it.

And the TPA Bavarian cream? Do you think increasing that is a good idea? For me anyways? It's currently at 3% and I'm still learning how percentages work and don't work.. I'm not getting much cream from the 3% ..I do have more creams coming tho.

I spent like 3 days making batches so I'm running low on products.. that's why I was wondering if higher nic levels require higher flavor percentages. There's so much to learn.
I use strawberry ripe. At about 8%. I made several batches of strawberry cheesecake and strawberry ripe works fine. But like the others said, and i do this with lemon, use a couple strawberry flavors in the mix. It will round out and pop the strawberry taste for you. I dont mean to say i mix lemon and strawberry, i use a couple lemon flavors at one time in a mix, you can do the same with other fruit flavors.

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
What equipment are you using? That will make a big difference in how much favoring you need to add. Going back to the beginning of this thread, you probably muted the SB flavor with the EM. Only time I use it is in citrus mixes to smooth the harness. By the way, TFA SB ripe is probably the most used SB out there. Personally I like CAP sweet SB and TFA SB ripe blended together. SB ripe 4% and Sweet SB 2% is normally a good starting point

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
FA juicy Strawberry is a really good natural strawberry, tastes like the real thing. Tfa ripe strawberry is great to mix in with FA and Jungle flavors sweet strawberry is a nice strong strawberry but it reminds me more of bubblelicious gum strawberry which is delicious in its own way. Mixing these three together you can get some great flavors by using different % of each. Just have to experiment with small bottles to see what works best.

Reactions: CagedSpam
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread