Not open for further replies.

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
Hello guys,

After all these years vaping now comes the time I want to face DIY. Only issue is, I have a few questions.

being a heavy VG vapor I assume I need a VG based nic juice, pure VG, plus flavoring if wanted.

now my question is does it matter if the nic liquid is 50% or 100% nicotine?

Also, are there different qualities when it comes to nic liquid? Any recommendations? I was thinking wizard labs after a recommendation.

thank you guys for the help.

oh and if anyone knows a good none artificial flavoring site I would appreciate that info.

BigCap

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2014
Earth
I just received my first order from wizard labs about 3 weeks ago. So far I can't complain. You won't get the "premium" taste that you're used to, but you will save a lot of money. Well atleast I haven't found a premium tasting recipe yet.

As far as nic goes, I vape 6mg in tanks, so I went on the safe side (I have a 4year old son) so I ordered the 12 nic in pg, as pg is a lot thinner, and won't be as messy as vg. I also ordered 100% VG so that way I could cut it in 1/2 evenly and get to my 6.

So if I want a 20% recipe at 10ml. I would take 4ml nic pg 4ml 100% vg and then 2ml of flavoring.

That would put me right around 4-6mg of nic.

Hope that helps you.

k702

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
lost wages, sin city, NV
Hello guys,

After all these years vaping now comes the time I want to face DIY. Only issue is, I have a few questions.

being a heavy VG vapor I assume I need a VG based nic juice, pure VG, plus flavoring if wanted.

now my question is does it matter if the nic liquid is 50% or 100% nicotine?

Also, are there different qualities when it comes to nic liquid? Any recommendations? I was thinking wizard labs after a recommendation.

thank you guys for the help.

oh and if anyone knows a good none artificial flavoring site I would appreciate that info.

nic comes in mg/ml (mg of nic per ml of base liquid [vg or pg])

100mg/ml is generally what will be the highest % nic available.

It's hard to obtain 100% nicotine.

You can get nic in a pure PG base, a pure VG base or a pre-mixed base in different ratios, most common being 50% vg/50%pg

Wizard labs has good nic, they are quite professional, and haven't let me down so far. there are other places, and some seem to have better reviews as far as quality and price than others.. just have to kinda read around the diy forum for a while to get the skinny on a lot of it. Other helpful people will be by too, but reading is fundamental.. and there is a whole subforum on this subject chock full of information.

Last edited:

Maurice Pudlo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
United States
Let's say you use a VG base containing 100mg/ml nicotine, and you want to make up a juice that has a 12mg/ml nicotine concentration.

Take your bottle size (30 ml) for example, and multiply that by your desired 12mg/ml.

30×12=360

That's 360mg of nicotine that your going to put in the bottle.

Now divide that 360 by the concentration of your nicotine base 100 in this case.

360÷100=3.6

That's 3.6ml of your 100mg/ml base, that's all you need of that ingredient, the remainder will be flavorings, more VG, and anything else called for in your recipe.

There are a number of online calculators that make this process painless.

Maurice

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
interesting. Thank you for explaining the mixing details to me. Found a good calculator online that should help with the process.

Now I just wonder if the nic VG liquid I ordered might be too thick if I mix it with pure VG to work well in my kayfuns.

Pretty excited I have to say. Not planning to come up with awesome juices but as long as I can play around with it I am a happy camper and something will turn out to be vapable lol.

Maurice Pudlo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
United States
interesting. Thank you for explaining the mixing details to me. Found a good calculator online that should help with the process.

Now I just wonder if the nic VG liquid I ordered might be too thick if I mix it with pure VG to work well in my kayfuns.

Pretty excited I have to say. Not planning to come up with awesome juices but as long as I can play around with it I am a happy camper and something will turn out to be vapable lol.

You can thin the recipe with distilled water.

I prefer mixing to 50% VG and 50% PG.

Maurice

BigCap

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2014
Earth
Thanks big. So looking at your post there are different quality levels on the nic juice? What is in your opinion the finest nic liquid out there?

I used to buy my vapor from my local mall, but it started getting real pricy. I have only tried wizard labs for diy. I am a diy beginner myself, but I dedicate any free time I have to researching.

I can say that I bought some juice online a couple times, (I will not mention the company's name) they had unbelievable prices for 30ml's.

Well I tried them out twice, and both times it had a very weird, greasy aftertaste. The flavors were very dull and didn't taste right.

Anyways, I do not get any bad after taste, or any greasy taste with wl. It is definitely a quality vape, and well worth the investment, just remember to calculate the cost of supplies, such as a nic tester, gloves etc... I kept my order just under $80. For the few weeks I have had it, it has almost paid for itself. And I have many months of testing and vaping left [emoji106]Good luck.

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
Do go over to the DIY Forum and do a lot of reading before you get started. Working with 100mg nicotine can be dangerous for a beginner in the instance of spills or miscalculations of amount to use. For your first purchase you may want to buy a smaller bottle of a lower nic level, under 60mg so it is safer to work with until you get comfortable mixing.

Once you get started and make a couple of mixes that you really like it turns into a great way to save money and I find it to be fun to try and come up with new creations that I like.

Here is a thread that talks about the different nic vendors and comparisons of the nic offered.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/298547-nicotine-comparisons.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread