DIY ratios and Sub Ohm

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMT09

Feb 21, 2018
England
Hellooo :) Im new to the forum and just wanted some advice on my liquid mixing. I've been mixing my own liquids for a year or two now but I'm about to start using a sub ohm. Am I right in thinking that I need to change my nicotine content and ratios of pg/vg? I currently mix for a 1.8ohm coil at 6mg nic with a 50/50 ratio. Will I need to change this now I'm moving to sub ohm?

Reactions: stols001

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
Hellooo :) Im new to the forum and just wanted some advice on my liquid mixing. I've been mixing my own liquids for a year or two now but I'm about to start using a sub ohm. Am I right in thinking that I need to change my nicotine content and ratios of pg/vg? I currently mix for a 1.8ohm coil at 6mg nic with a 50/50 ratio. Will I need to change this now I'm moving to sub ohm?

The ratio will be fine but depending on the device and inhale style you may need to decrease the nic.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, you may need to decrease your nic. I'd make a 0 nic juice in the flavor you want to go with whatever current mix you have now at 6 m.g. You are moving to a different style of vaping, and it's pretty common to reduce nic when going sub0hm, as you will be inhaling more vapor per puff. You could try 6 m.g. but you may well need to go down some... How much will just depend on you and your vaping style, but 50/50 should be fine, and you can experiment by adding various amounts of 0 nic, like 4.5, 3.5, 3., etc. and see how you do. I think you will likely have to reduce your nic some as a MTL setup at 6 mg/ml is pretty low nic for a MTL setup. How much you will need to reduce will really depend on you and your nicotine tolerance.

Best of luck,

Anna

AMT09

Feb 21, 2018
England
Well, you may need to decrease your nic. I'd make a 0 nic juice in the flavor you want to go with whatever current mix you have now at 6 m.g. You are moving to a different style of vaping, and it's pretty common to reduce nic when going sub0hm, as you will be inhaling more vapor per puff. You could try 6 m.g. but you may well need to go down some... How much will just depend on you and your vaping style, but 50/50 should be fine, and you can experiment by adding various amounts of 0 nic, like 4.5, 3.5, 3., etc. and see how you do. I think you will likely have to reduce your nic some as a MTL setup at 6 mg/ml is pretty low nic for a MTL setup. How much you will need to reduce will really depend on you and your nicotine tolerance.

Best of luck,

Anna

I went for 2mg and 70/30 with 18% flavour. Yummy!

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Have been vaping for 4 years now after being on the cigs for many many years. Was a 40 a day person. I started vaping on 18mg strength but now down to 3mg strength and find this level satisfying on whatever device im using. I use all sorts from Cleamoisers to Sub Tanks, RTA's and Drippers. Only thing to be aware of is when using a dripper, make sure the nicotine strength is not too high. I find anything above 6mg strength gives me a head rush.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    What Richard said. The more vapor you inhale the more nic you absorb. I vape .5 and .7 ohm coils in a MTL RTA at 10w to 12w. I first started vaping 24mg juice 8 years ago and that's what it took to get off cigs. After a couple of years I started to titrate downward in nic levels and went from 24mg to 3mg strength over 2 or 3 months.

After going to 3mg nic juices I began to vape more often and consume more juice. Recently, I mixed up some 10mg juice to see if that would slow me down. I didn't see a lot of difference in my vaping frequency. It would probably take 24mg juice again to slow me down enough to make a large difference in my daily juice consumption.

I'd try subohming with your regular nic strength just to see what happens. If you sense a buzz or get light headed, drop down to 3mg strength.

• Useful

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Your nic is actually fairly on the low side for MTL vaping, so I'd say you can try that strength if you desire, but keep an eye out for nicotine overload symptoms (yawning, hiccups, headaches, dizziness, nausea, etc.) as you WILL probably be inhaling more vapor "per puff" as it were. Depending on your nic sensitivity and how much you vape, you may be fine, or you may need to drop it. I think the majority of "super" sub0hmers tend to have a bit more than 50%Vg in their vape, but again, this is somewhat subjective so you'll just have to see how it goes. If nic becomes a concern, I might suggest diluting your juice a bit with VG to lower nic content which will also tell you if you prefer a higher VG to PG ratio.

Best of luck,

Anna

MoeKeto

Mar 27, 2018

My recommendation is to keep the same ratios but make a 0 mg version of whatever juice you like and dilute it little by little. I think you’ll find the hit from a subohm to be stronger, even with the PG content. You may also use less flavour, possible but not certain, as the heat from the subohm coils will bring out more of the flavour.

And good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Useful
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread