DIY recipe help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crawl

Dec 13, 2013
Rochester, NY
:facepalm: I cant believe i didnt think to look up a strawberry daiquri drink recipe..was only searching e liquid recipes
What i have found is basically strawberries, rum and lime juice or lemon-lime soda

Thanks Hoosier.. Now I have been reading alot and noticed you among many others are very knowledgeable... Any ideas on a starting point for %'s

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Nope, no idea on starting percentages. Each of the flavorings I linked are different strengths.

I like mine with no lime and extra rum...In fact leave out the strawberries and add more rum would be even better.

If it were me, I'd make a strawberry that tasted acceptable, then I'd work up a separate batch of rum until it tasted acceptable. Then I would start experimenting with mixing those batches together and adding dashes and tweaks of other stuff. If I managed to get something to work, I'd go back to my notes and reverse engineer all the different stuff in it to extract a recipe.

But it takes me a long period of time to get my recipes because I'm exceedingly picky. (And sometimes I give up and move on to the next idea because I get bored with what I was chasing.)

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Sounds like a great idea..thankyou..

I am a bit of a perfectionist myself, unfortunately for me I dont think my wife would allow me to just move on...She's already bugging me for it and I dont even have my supplies yet

You'll be fine then. I find that when my son or sister really wants something I don't normally mix, I can get something they love much more easily than if I wanted that same flavor. (Except this certain coffee my sister had once in Hawaii that I never managed to get close to and she asked me to give up because I refused to do any taste testing due to my dislike of coffee and my experiments where pretty bad....I bet I could get closer now as that was early in my mixing saga.)

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Speaking of koolada... What would you think is a good starting point for 10ml?
My hawaiian punch is too hot!

Recommended usage is 1 drop per ml but I'm not a Menthol or Koolada person myself so I think that's high. I'd try 1 or 2 drops per 10 ml and taste.
Koolada 10% PG Flavor (TFA)

Cheers,
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread