• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

DIY & Repair: Local Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
I picked up some powdered Citric Acid from Mountain Rose herbs along with four ounces of menthol crystals. I haven't used any of the acid in a mix yet, but I did put a couple of hefty tablespoons worth in a pot of water/vinegar bath to boil clean some attys with. 5 minute boil and they vape and look like new.

I now have enough menthol crystals for two lifetimes. 4 ounces for $10
and 1lb. of powdered citirc acid was $3.50
Mountain Rose Herbs | Bulk organic herbs, spices & essential oils

The powered citric acid and vinegar bath sounds interesting. I may have to try this on a couple of old 901 attys. They aren't quite dead yet but they are 3 1/2 months old. The only cleaning I've done was forcing hot water through them about once a week. That seemed to keep them going for a good while but now they're on their last leg. Could be just their time to go... But think I'm still going to try this.

Smokingfreely

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Arlington, TX
www.smokefreely.biz
I don't know if it's the same as the polyfill batting (I assume so,) but I had some of that fluffy fake decorative snow left from Christmas and I used that to restuff some RN-4072 cartridge and I think it worked better than the original wick. I folded and refolded and refolded, etc. until it was the right size so there weren't a bunch of frayed ends.

trintek

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
2 more for san antonio

propylene glycol, usp grade, 1 gallon

locke hill feed
28.25 / 1 gal
4927 Golden Quail
San Antonio, TX 78240
(210) 691-235

Jupe Feed
22.50 / 1 gal
12237 hwy 87 e (87e (rigsby) @ 1604)
(210) 649-1649

in addition, i will be discontinuing 510 kits in the future and just carrying batteries, attys, chargers, etc... i turned over all of my 510 kit sales to a friend of mine that was recently let go from his job.. so.. when/if he wants to setup a website, i will be cross-promoting his kit sales on my site. will provide a phone number and such as soon as i have his new one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread