Guide to DIY Flavoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Yep, just as bootaddict says, it's in flavorings of some types and manufacturers. There are some manufacturing companies that offer two types of the same flavor (like caramel); one with the diaci-stuff and one without. The one with it will pretty much always taste better, but can potentially be far worse for you.

Sometimes but sometimes not , Bull City Flavors list the flavors that have the bad stuff in them as you can see below . This makes it much easier for people to choose flavorings .

Untitled.jpg

Flavor Art for example offers mostly diketone free flavorings and their flavorings are considered top shelf so the ( must have the bad stuff to taste good ) is nonsense .

Capella's V2 stuff gets outstanding reviews .

Richard-D

Jan 23, 2017
London, UK
Some notes about FlavourArt Blackberry, which I have some experience with, and love for.

The guide recommends 1%, which I agree is a useful starting point. The FlavourArt website currently recommends 2-3%.
Source: Online Store :: Flavors :: Sweet flavors :: Blackberry flavor

Even at 1% it can be a distinct flavour. It can be musky and even 'smoky', as well as fruity.

If I'm aiming for a distinct blackberry flavour, I use it at 1%, but I find it really useful at lower levels, where it adds some complexity to the overall mix. It seems to be a very volatile flavour that can diminish over time, which is perhaps why FlavourArt are currently recommending 2-3%.

Used at 0.3% in a fruit/menthol mix containing 27% total flavouring, someone who doesn't like Blackberry noticed it instantly and didn't like it.

Used at 0.1% in a fruit/menthol mix containing 36% total flavouring, I can still taste it (and I don't have extra sensitive taste buds).

Used at 0.05% in a fruit/menthol mix containing 30% total flavouring, even the person who doesn't like Blackberry enjoyed the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread