DIY vv mod kit from madvapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

robociggs

Dec 14, 2011
savannah ga
just ordered the kit from madvapes. it's a little circuit board w/ a potentiometer (knob), some resistors, and a regulator. i plan to hook it up to 2 18650 batteries w/ pcc. i'll be vaping ce2 clearomizers, a dc tank, and probably dd on some att's.
my tank kinda sucks at 3.7v, even w/ lr carts. i figure this should fix that. i'll probably build it into some plumbing pipe. kinda want to get a digital read out thingy too, but madvapes was out of them. kinda build my self a ghetto ... provari pretty much. get it set up so i can see how much voltage it's set to, see how much is in the batteries, and see how much it drops under load, so as to kinda gauge the resistance of my "top end," ha ha motor talk. atty cart, whatever.

am i on the right track? anybody put one of these kits together before? tips? holler...

wolfstone5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2010
Somerset, Pennsylvania
I've built two of them so far and they perform really well. The only downside is that the regulator can get hot if you try to run it at lower voltages. I keep mine at around 4 volts and higher and I've never had a problem. On a positive note, the regulator keeps the power steady until the batteries are depleted and there is very little power drop under load. I've been wanting to built an 18650 VV mod myself so I would love to see how yours turns out. Post some pictures when you're done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread