DNA 40 and Fasttech Squape R Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pjump

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2015
York, UK
Ok so i recently made my little Hana clone with a genuine DNA 40 and so decided to buy myself a Squape R clone to use on it. as a novice to the world of RBA/RTA/RDA's this was my first foray and i thought I'd give my opinions/review/thoughts

1st making the clone - I'm not a novice with soldering and so i found the board easy to work with as long as i had the guide in front of me to work it all out. The Cigabuy Hana Enclosure was good as well with reasonable switches DNAsled etc.

BUT.... the 510 connector is crap! i had to fit it in with a hammer, its centre pin (non adjustable) catches and shorts on my aerotank when screwed on fully and to even get that far i had to modify it by removing the white plastic insulating ring and replace it with 2 sizes of heat shrink on top of each other.

other than that i put the up and down buttons in the wrong way round - but i'm leaving that element of stupidity as it makes it mine.

the Squape R clone or Traingle windows atomizer as it is from fast tech,

.... Fasttech takes ages BLAH BLAH BLAH .....

ok so it seems well made, no leaks from the windows no shorts on the deck, good click on the airflow,

but, neither the w or c decks fit the thing, at all, and i'm not hammering it in!!

so thats the bits about the equipment

now onto vaping,

1) wrapping coils is a PITA to start with! it looks easy, everyone makes it seem easy, but its fricken not every coil i wrapped was more like a spring than a coil!

2) when i started i had no idea how much is a reasonable wick, either using too much and it looking like a rabbit ran into a mousehole or when juiced in, looking like a bedraggled pathetic thing on the deck dead.

3) It was easier to make a coil with Nickel than Kanthal

4) once i had a coil built that worked, the squape leaked unti i realised i had to tuck the cotton into the channels on the deck.

5) vaping is very different on an RTA to a kanger tank, you have to pre click your button to let some vape build or the cloud is dry and hurts my throat, with a one second pre-hit i get what everyone is taking about - warm, moist cloud full of flavour!

6) temperature control is a PITA - yet more variables to play with to get it right, but once it is right it works, yup it works for me

So to round up i went from an MVP 20W on an aerotank with 1.8 ohm coild to a DNA 40 with Nickel coils vaping at approx 0.18 Ohms, i've still not found my perfect vape but i'm getting there, now to learn how to wrap coils, then move on to each new idea

Its a steep learning curve but i think worth the niggles, sore dry throat and PITA's of learning everything again.

Reactions: SissySpike

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Why not a fat daddy sealed spring loaded 510 since you were building it your self? I fried my first DNA board on my first attempt I hooked up a battery to see if all was working before I installed it in a box and touched the up switch to the positive in the 510 Snap! is the sound 60$ makes as it goes away:)

Im gonna do a YiHi next

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread