Do Clearomizers Contain BPA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oneida

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
S. Calif
The clearomizers and tanks that use polycarbonate tubing do contain BPA (bisphenol A) and at best are probably leaching at least low levels of BPA into the juice given that PG, VG, PGA and DW are well-known solvents. In the worst situations (e.g., where citric acid is used as a preservative and/or flavoring, etc.), I suspect relatively large amounts of BPA are leaching into the juice and I cringe every time I see someone report that their Stardust or tank has developed glazing and/or cracking or has disintegrated due to the use of certain juices. Anyway, for those interested in looking further at this issue, a search on "polycarbonate bisphenol" at PubMed will result in a rather lengthy list of peer-reviewed papers.

Oneida

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
S. Calif
I'm certain that BPA leaches from polycarbonate containers into juice, in some cases at high levels. Whether or not BPA is present in vapor depends on what temperature BPA begins to thermally decompose, that is, what actually winds up in vapor could be BPA itself or its thermal decomposition products (which, in turn, could also have adverse health effects).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread