Do fruity/complex flavors need steeping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I just received last month's order and it's been on the road for 21 days. Does it need any more steeping? We're talking about White Lie, Parrothead and DD Watermelon.

Fruits need steeping too. But my guess is after 21 road days, you're good to go. But that also depends on how the flavorings were extracted. If they used alcohol, there will still be some in your bottle and you should pull the caps and drippers to let it evaporate. I have no idea if they used alcohol or other extracting agents in those flavors you mentioned. But if it were me, I'd go caps off for a day and then give it a shot. But I don't think it will hurt anything if you're weak and can't wait to try some now. It wont kill you.

Let us know how you like those flavors.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
White Lie is quite good right out of the bottle, Parrothead looks like it needs a little steeping. DD is my favorite so it always tastes good out of the bottle. But off it goes steeping for a week or so. Nevertheless, I have many flavors, and the final steeping often takes place in the fridge, with several months (yes, some date back to march) of steeping.

Frantic9k

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
Cary, North Carolina, USA
I just received last month's order and it's been on the road for 21 days. Does it need any more steeping? We're talking about White Lie, Parrothead and DD Watermelon.

I cant speak from experience on those either but I had read some reviews on DD watermelon (can't remember if it was here or on HHVs website) but based off the complaints of the reviews that one does need to steep. If you have a driper I would say give it a try, but I have just gotten into the habit of taking the cap off and shaking through out the day for 24 hours regardless of the flavor.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
White Lie is quite good right out of the bottle, Parrothead looks like it needs a little steeping. DD is my favorite so it always tastes good out of the bottle. But off it goes steeping for a week or so. Nevertheless, I have many flavors, and the final steeping often takes place in the fridge, with several months (yes, some date back to march) of steeping.

Susaz, I spoke on the phone at length with Heather regarding steeping. She told me her juices will steep whether there is extracting alcohol in them or not. She said the alcohol will slow it down but not stop it. You had 21 days on the road so you should have received some decent steeping.

I have juices I vape with 8 months on them. :)

Frantic9k

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
Cary, North Carolina, USA
I have juices I vape with 8 months on them. :)

Yeah I normally can't wait more than 3 weeks! LOL. Once I find my fave flavors though I will start ordering a few of each flavor at a time. I still havent ordered any DF yet, but gonna try to get that in on the next order ;)

Happy Vaping Susaz!

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Thanx dears! I always buy ahead since the mail is becoming slower by the minute (used to take 5 working days to get here, I had some shipments that took 51 days). So need it or not, I order always ahead. I try to vape the older ones, and leave tobaccos when they're at least one month old. Like nice whiskeys, they age gracefully. At first I didn't like Sludge one bit, now it's my favorite so far... I recently finished a bottle of Liqua that's been lying around since December... Taste was far better. I wish I could buy more, but 250 ml is all I can buy nowadays.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand

Mine usually take about two weeks to get here to Bangkok, but I always take the caps and drip tips off for two days whether they are Tobaccos or other flavors. Yes, I have noticed some of the fruit flavors getting better with age, Parrothead was one of them.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Mine usually take about two weeks to get here to Bangkok, but I always take the caps and drip tips off for two days whether they are Tobaccos or other flavors. Yes, I have noticed some of the fruit flavors getting better with age, Parrothead was one of them.

You recommended it! So far I like it, citrusy but not too much. Vapes quite amicably. I took the caps off, left the drippers. Still concerned about crawlies... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread