Do I need a stronger mg ejuic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinki

Feb 22, 2011
Texas
I have been vaping since February and I still smoke at least 12 analogs a day which I use to smoke 2 packs a day before I started ecigs. I love vaping but it just seems I am not getting enough nicotene and when it gets real bad I turn to a ciggy. I am vaping 24mg juices. I was told in another thread to not go up on my mgs but to get a low resistance atty. But I have read alot of things about LR atties frying batts so I am skeptical about that suggestion. What do you think should I go up on the mgs or get a LR. And how would I increase my 24mg juices to a higher mg? Who carries higher mg juices than 24mgs? Thanks in advance to any suggestions.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Many people vape 36mg eliquid without a problem. But my guess is your PV is part of the problem. If you are using a small battery, analog sized PV, the inconsistency in the vape and frustration level can lead people back to analogs for some period of time. It takes very little time for the small battery PV's to lose power, not vaperize the liquid properly which then diminishes the level of vapor and thus nicotine.

Higbe33

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
You can buy higher nic, but I would take the advice and not go above 24mg. Go buy a Riva, Ego or Tornado. All just a 510 with a much larger battery. Get the LR carts and a bottle of Bucko from Backwoods Brew. Bucko needs to steep for 2 weeks, but the closest I've found to an analog (regular cigarette) flavor.

Lots of other chemicals in burning tobacco that your body is hooked on, not just nicotine. Get a good delivery system with a juice you enjoy and that will help a bunch. I picked up a craving for genoa salami sandwiches after quiting analogs and read a post where a gal had a craving for bacon after quiting analogs. It must be our bodies way of trying to replace those other chemicals we were hooked on. I wish you luck and please post when you have been off anologs for a week. I'll look forward to seeing it and crossing my fingers for ya.

Hig

banjo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2010
Rio Oso, CA
I started at 36mg & had no problems staying away from analogs. Six months later I went down to 24mg, which is where I am at now & it works great for me. I tried going down to 18mg, but was a disaster, so I immediately went back to 24mg, which is where my comfort zone is. I would suggest you try some 36mg juice & work your way down from there. If you are going to get off analogs, you have to keep the nicotine cravings under control.

Last edited:

Tinki

Feb 22, 2011
Texas
Thanks everyone for the input. I guess I should have mentioned that I vape on a Ego, 650-1000 mah batts. I have been told to stay at 24mgs and get LR atties but I have also read where LR atties have fried batts. I don't have alot of $ to blow so that info shied me away from LR's. I have blended two juices 50/50, one a 24mg and the other a 32mg getting a 28mg juice and I still crave the analogs but not as bad as with just 24mg. I do believe I need to go higher with the mgs but I have also read things about nicotene overdosing etc... I have atleast 4- 24mg juices I like and I was planning to order a few samples soon but wanted to know what the experts thought I should do before I order so I can order the right strength.

Tinki

Feb 22, 2011
Texas
I have read the suggested thread plus other suggested threads. I have a greater understanding of what my problem may be. Possible the calming and feel good stuff in real ciggies and maybe some of the alkaloids. I believe I will up the nic value in my juice and try to tuff the rest out. I have panic attack disorder which the ciggy helped with so it will be extra hard for me but I am determined to quit. It is a relief to know it is other things I am addicted to and maybe more so to them than the nicotine or maybe equal addiction to both. Thanks everyone for your help. Like many people say "ECF Rocks". One big family here helping each other. Many thanks to all the higher up the ladder members with all their 'been there/done that' wisdom. A BIG high five to you'll.

Last edited:

Tinki

Feb 22, 2011
Texas
Banjo, I had a feeling changing hardware wouldn't help to get more nic out of my juice. LR's may heat the juice better than reg. 510 atties and make more vapor with a warmer TH but 24mgs is 24mgs, cold in the bottle or hot in a vapor. I am going to try as Hairball suggested in upping the mgs. I have experienced one time by combining a juice I barely like that is 32mgs with one I do like with 24mgs which brought the mgs up to 28. It still isn't enough mgs but getting pretty darn close. I am going to bring it up to 30mgs with my next juice order. If that doesn't work than I will try 32mgs, hopefully that will do it.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Sounds like instead of increasing the mg of your juice, you should stop buying analogs.

For many, if not the majority of people, e-Cigs can ease quitting smoking but does not completely eliminate the pain. If you really want to quit, I mean Really want to quit smoking, draw a line in the sand an quit.

It is going to probably be a little rocky for the first week. If you have to go to 30mg or even 36mg for a while then do that.

lilfarmtruck

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2010
MO
I too recommend that you are not only withdrawing from nicotine...but MANY more products in analogs....I at this time am keeping myself at 24 - 18 mg just so I dont shoot myself in the foot. Vape a strong nic content for as long as you need to and only you can determine that. Keep vapeing (and cutting back on analogs) for as long as you need too. We are here for you! :) Also..find a flavor or two (or more) that you REALLY enjoy! Took me a while on that one but when I did...MAN was it was like candy! LOL

The folks who may recommend a change in hardware are not far off....really...you may have a much more satisfactory vape at a higher voltage, I mean hey, what ever works......I also use an EGO exclusively now, but heck you could go to a SB or so (this helped me GREATLY)...but I was in the same boat as you until very recently...You might try it and see what you think...I can garentee it will improve your vaping experience...(moving to a bigger bat type ecig) :) What ever money output now is an INVESTMENT in your future...at least thats how I look at it. YOU have alot of options!

ALSO please remember....NOTHING can actually stop you from using analogs... unfortunatly THAT descison is completely up to you. It really all boils down to you really wanting to do something about your smoking...Ecigs can definatly help...if you so desire! Just remember...we at ECF ARE here for you. We really are!

Last edited:

Tinki

Feb 22, 2011
Texas
Thanks LIlfarmtruck for the support and understanding. You seem to understand more than few others. Some people can just cold turkey analogs the day they get their new pv in the mailbox and some can't like me. I tried to cold turkey but I went back to a few analogs a day, I was a heavy smoker. I do know my inner self and I know once I get a few all day vapes I like at the right strength, I will no longer smoke analogs. Today I am trying 30mgs of a juice I don't really like and it is whole lot better. I have more of a desire to want to vape than to smoke. I believe I will try a stronger pv than my Ego. Should I go to a bigger ecig or mod? What is a good bigger ecig? Gosh this could be a new thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread