Do I need a VV/VW???

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark_zullo

Jan 31, 2014
Plantation, FL USA
Hi, I have been off cigarettes for 6 months now. I have a Russian 91% (1.03 ohms) and a nautilus (I used the replacement coils that I think are over 2.0 ohms). I run them on a Sentinel MI6. The reason I went to the Sentinel is because I wanted a battery that lasted all day. Anyway, I am not a cloud chaser, just like good flavor and a throat hit. I have used a ZMax and IMotion in the past but there were times when the power levels would change on their own if I was not careful and would end up burning wicks etc. I thought it might be user error until it happened more than a few times. Anyway, I was just curious if it would be beneficial to move to a VV/VW. I hear the dna 20/30 are good if you can get your hands on them. Again, I vap because I wanted to quit smoking and now use it like I would a cigarette. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Mark

young gotti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2012
PA
i don't use vv/wv and i also don't rebuild all that much....i have thought about the transfer because i've liked my brothers simple ego twists but the all day battery life is important and he only benefits from the VV because he doesn't take care of his coils so as it hits less on a mech, he turns up the voltage and bam...gets good hits

Rodeorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
Guthrie, OK
Depends are on your target resistance I would think. if I have a low ohm KFL, it hits better on a mech. If I'm over 2ohms, it hits better on a VV/VW cranked up to 11+ watts.
Was at a vapor bar yesterday, where all their testers were in crappy CE5s. I use RBAs, and so, I just couldn't taste anything in a CE5 on a little 650 stick. Frustrated, I started mounting them on my MVP at 11watts, big difference. I could at least get the flavor at that point.
You dont "need" VV/VW, but you'd need to ensure your coil resistance is always at your "sweet spot". What if your usual vendor is out of stock on 1.8ohm heads, and all you can get is 2.2 or 2.4? Or perhaps they're out of 28ga kanthal and you have to make do with 30 or 32?
Additionally, you might have two juices in your cabinet that just shine at different volt levels. For me, tobaccos or dessert flavors should be warmer with higher power, whereas I dont like fruity vapes to be so warm. Up to you.

Boba's Bounty is a good example. if you dont give it enough power, you'll carmelize it and gunk your coil quickly.

BeRight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2009
Ellicott City, Maryland
Need? No - but I do prefer VW vaping - although the setting of power provides same power to coil independent of coils resistance, I find that it depends on the topper and juice sometimes.

I pretty much vape at 8 watt - typical 1.0-1.8 ohm coils in RTAs. Having variable wattage provides a tool for you to easily change wattage setting to hit sweet spot for you based on topper and juice. If you prefer lung hits, and have good airflow to coil - higher wattage will produce thicker and warmer vape and more flavor for some. I have one huge airflow RTA that I vape at 11 watts.

If you are not opposed to clones - fasttech has 20W hana clone for $52(18650) or 30W built in 1200mah LIPO battery - easily a month before in your hands - quality? Have seen good and bad reviews (like most things) on youtube - more good than bad.

I have MVP 2 - sub $40 can be found from USA suppliers online - great, simple, inexpensive, reliable VV/VW device. Huge sub-forum here on MVP 2 for further reviews.

mark_zullo

Jan 31, 2014
Plantation, FL USA
Based on what your current preferences are, I think you would find many benefits to using a regulated mod. Consistent power, change voltage for flavor, th, or vapor production, longer operating time out of batteries, and some other things I'm not thinking of.[/QUOTE

suspectK, any suggestions? I heard the DNA's are good.

mark_zullo

Jan 31, 2014
Plantation, FL USA
Need? No - but I do prefer VW vaping - although the setting of power provides same power to coil independent of coils resistance, I find that it depends on the topper and juice sometimes.

I pretty much vape at 8 watt - typical 1.0-1.8 ohm coils in RTAs. Having variable wattage provides a tool for you to easily change wattage setting to hit sweet spot for you based on topper and juice. If you prefer lung hits, and have good airflow to coil - higher wattage will produce thicker and warmer vape and more flavor for some. I have one huge airflow RTA that I vape at 11 watts.

If you are not opposed to clones - fasttech has 20W hana clone for $52(18650) or 30W built in 1200mah LIPO battery - easily a month before in your hands - quality? Have seen good and bad reviews (like most things) on youtube - more good than bad.

I have MVP 2 - sub $40 can be found from USA suppliers online - great, simple, inexpensive, reliable VV/VW device. Huge sub-forum here on MVP 2 for further reviews.

Thanks, is the MVP2 similar to the DNA's?

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Dna is a solid chip. I'd like to see more improvements to it.. like reverse polarity protection.. but it runs at a 7watt/4volt minimum..i never went below 8 watts with my apvs... but I know some that like 5-7watts. So build a 2ohm coil for 8 watts...2.2ohms will get you ~7watts... your range will be 4-8 volts and 7-30watts.. try high powered vaping with higher resistance coils. I'm waiting to get a bottom feeding mod with a high powered chip..I don't want to pay $100+ for a mech.. reos are great.. but I want hassle free as well as consistency through battery's charge.

blueGrassTubb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
The Bluegrass
Thanks, is the MVP2 similar to the DNA's?

Only insofar as they are both regulated MODs.

Otherwise they are very different. The DNA is a more advanced chip that goes to a much higher wattage (30 watts with the DNA30 and just 11 watts from the MVP2).

But for those who are just dipping their toes in to regulated MODs, or this is their first foray from an eGo type battery, I would highly suggest the MVP over any DNA30 MOD.

Miata GT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Largo, FL
I would say yes, if only because you can change the power to tune in your flavor profile. That plus a regulated mod will (preseumeably, depending on the model) give you the same vape quality for the life of the battery.

For a new vaper I tend to suggest the MVP2.0 that has a very long-lasting battery and costs less than $42 shipped to your door from 101vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread