Do I *really* need a Tesla wye?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rach_

Feb 7, 2016
Hey guys! First of all, I apologise if this is in the wrong section. I couldn’t seem to find the right sort of category for it to fit Into.

Anyway, I’ve been using a vaporesso Tarot pro (160 Watts) for just under a year and it’s decided to fail on me (severe uneven battery drainage)

I was tempted to get the Tesla Wye 200w but not sure if it’s a bit over kill for me.

I like to vape at around 18watts, single twisted coil at 0.8 ohms. The only reason I got the tarot was due to the longer battery life between charges. I used a kanger kbox mini (50watts) before and didn’t realise what I was missing out on until having the tarot. I still vape at 18 watts but it was so much better - it was smoother, more clouds and flavour and had a bit more oomph to it. I can’t really explain it but I’d rather not spend a fortune on a complex mod if it’s going to fail again - plus, I don’t feel like I’ll use it to it’s full potential.

Do I settle for a 50 watt mod or go full out and get a 200?

Sorry for the waffling

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The only reason I got the tarot was due to the longer battery life between charges. I used a kanger kbox mini (50watts) before and didn’t realise what I was missing out on until having the tarot. I still vape at 18 watts but it was so much better - it was smoother, more clouds and flavour and had a bit more oomph to it. I can’t really explain it but I’d rather not spend a fortune on a complex mod if it’s going to fail again - plus, I don’t feel like I’ll use it to it’s full potential.

Do I settle for a 50 watt mod or go full out and get a 200?
Only you can answer that question. :unsure:

Extended battery life with a multiple battery mod is a plus, but only if you hate changing batteries every day.

My priority leans to the most portability. I don't like carrying a 3 battery, or even a 2 battery mod out of the house. It doesn't fit a pocket very well. When I was using my RX200 (3 battery) or Segelei Fuschai 213 (2 battery) mods, I was still changing the batteries on a daily basis.

I'm currently using a JAC Vapour series B DNA75W. A sexy compact single battery mod which fits my hand perfectly. DNA board is accurate, reliable, and energy efficient. I get all day use with a single Samsung 30Q 3000mah battery. Vaping at 30 - 40 watts with a 0.5 ohm subohm tank.

Performance wise, the JAC is superior in every way. I believe that's because of the DNA chip. DNA mods are more expensive, but that's because of the patent costs to the chip maker Evolv.

Did that help? :)

Last edited:

Rach_

Feb 7, 2016
Thanks for your reply!

I really do like that mod you mentioned but it’s a bit pricey for me. I’m amazed you can get a whole day out of it vaping at that wattage on a single battery. I use 2 AWT 3500mah batteries, vaping at 18 watts, and I can get a day and half out of it (when new) I’m not even a chain smoker. Now since the battery issue, I can get an hour max out of it before needing to recharge one of the batteries. I’ve tried other batteries and it still happens so it’s definitely an issue with the mod.

Portability has never been a major issue for me. Sometimes it’s a bit annoying being all clunky but I can forgive it haha

Reactions: Letitia

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I use 2 AWT 3500mah batteries, vaping at 18 watts, and I can get a day and half out of it (when new) I’m not even a chain smoker. Now since the battery issue, I can get an hour max out of it before needing to recharge one of the batteries. I’ve tried other batteries and it still happens so it’s definitely an issue with the mod.
Lousy batteries. That is at least part of your problem.
Get some high quality batteries before you judge a mod.

Last edited:

Rach_

Feb 7, 2016

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Thank you!!! ☺️☺️☺️ Well that’s surprised me. I’ll never take advice from my vape shop again haha!
That's a big problem nowadays.

I have worked in a vape shop, and I understand how most of them operate. Vape shops are having a tough time staying afloat. The only thing they can really make any money on is e-liquid. Shop owners don't sell enough batteries to make much of a profit and have a hard time competing with online dealers selling batteries because the shops have to buy in quantity at discount prices.

The better battery brands (Lg, Samsung, Sony) don't sell at discount. Aftermarket dealers (companies that re-wrap or re-brand lesser quality batteries) target vape shops and online vape stores by offering to sell in quantity at discount. Aftermarket batteries are always of lesser quality, but of course your shop owner is not going to tell you that...he just wants to make any sale he can.

Are You Using a Rewrap (Rebranded) Battery?

• Learn what a rewrap cell is. If you are using rebranded cells, does that mean it is inferior, poor quality, or even dangerous? Which batteries are suspected to be rebranded batteries?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread