RDA Do I really need an RDA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

6steelstrings

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
North Carolina Triad
Right now I have one, a Mutation X v4. I keep having this urge to buy another one like a Goon, a Recoil or a Tsunami. But I have to ask myself why? I hardly ever use the one I've got and I find dripping to be somewhat of an inconvenience and messy at times. I like my big tanks because I don't have to refill them very often. Basically I am lazy.

So I've got four RTAs, two RDTAs and a dripper. So I can say I have a dripper, should I just be done with it at that?

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
I don't use RDA's much these days..I do like big Rebuildable tanks (25mm).
20c96fb8e1267e8e6d66dbfdf83d73ef.jpg
I really like the RTA-2 seen here with a Clapton build..big velocity style deck, huge adj juice ports and wide open airflow.. it's a lot easier than trying to build small RBA that came with the TFV8 kit..No leaks, No flooding, No dry hits and a big 6ml tank..
And it vapes great... :)

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: nocigsnomore

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Right now I have one, a Mutation X v4. I keep having this urge to buy another one like a Goon, a Recoil or a Tsunami. But I have to ask myself why? I hardly ever use the one I've got and I find dripping to be somewhat of an inconvenience and messy at times. I like my big tanks because I don't have to refill them very often. Basically I am lazy.

So I've got four RTAs, two RDTAs and a dripper. So I can say I have a dripper, should I just be done with it at that?
The only atomizer I use is an SV rda clone, all day every day. To make that happen it has to not leak in my pocket and be convenient to use, etc. I solved those problems for my style of vaping but may be the issues are different for people who need big clouds.

Reactions: hbproph

Chickentender

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2014
Seattle
I'm in the same boat with a big "but" ... I've a literal box full of my previous RDAs. Over the past two years I've gotten them out less and less - there's probably one or two in there still with a slimy still-wicked build on it.

The "but" is the exception to this trend and it's my Veritas. Never left rotation and still gets used all the time. Single coil vert (usually) on kanthal lasts for literally months, always reliable, hardly ever a mess. It's not a chucker, just a daily driver with good flavor. Still my favorite RDA design since new (well... since a few days after new because I nearly hated the thing at first as many do/did). I just love the damn thing.

(edit: though I did recently pick up an Alliance and really dig the thing much more than the previous big draw attys I went through in the past. It'll keep seeing some home use I'd say. The others are just in a graveyard.)

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
You would know if you need another RDA. RDA's are all I use. Style and what you deem important to you dictate your real needs.

Reactions: frjaldomr

Joergl100

Oct 15, 2016
Germany, Lake Constance
Got several RTAs, some RDTAs..and many drippers...and: I use them almost all. It is not getting boring at all!

Some I have sorted away...but new ones are added...and so on. For me, vaping is not a static thing at all! It goes further...and, since now, it has never stopped....maybe delayed, but never stopped!

To be flexible is most fun...and vaping IS fun for me; smoking was not.

My nowinhand is a Kennedy Trickster clone...wonderful...got it yesterday from FT...price was 8 Dollars and few cents!:w00t:

Last edited:

pappasmurfsharem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013

Sounds like you should get into Squonking :thumb:

eLicky

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2016
Sydney - Australia
Myself use RDA's exclusively because (atm) I'm in a situation I can drip without an issue. For me, dripping is similar to the same motions/time I'd have spent rolling a smoke before I started vaping. And I agree, unless you pick up the knack over dripping can be an issue, there's actually a small amount of practice required to prevent leaking which varies between RDA's and I haven't succeeded completely.

Overall, I find RDA's the most efficent and orgnaic to use, especially in regards for my nicotine hit. Many RTA's I used before my 30mm RDA don't provide the same nic hit since moving away from them.

From my expereince a few good RDA's to try are Kennedy 25, Goon, Buddha 30mm V3.

These are the ones that stood out to me most on performance.

6steelstrings

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
North Carolina Triad
After reading all of your replies and after giving it some thought, I think perhaps I could use a decent RDA after all. It will certainly come in handy for testing my new DIY juice recipes. I could use the Mutation I have, but I hate the deck it has. It is not fun to build on. You have made some suggestions for a good RDA and I will be doing some research on all that you have mentioned. Thanks for your help. I knew I could count on you guys.

Reactions: Sloth Tonight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread