do people still use cartos and top coil tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    does nobody use phiniac tanks anymore? just curious, because i just ordered a custom tank from them today. too expensive, maybe? theyre not cheap, ill say that.
    Too expensive for me. Great tanks, but I can get just as nice of a tank from IBTanked for half of the price. I have a dozen of those.

I have an older Phiniac custom glass tube that I managed to put a hairline crack in, and now it leaks juice. It is so pretty I can't bear to throw it away although functionally its useless. (Phiniac tube was matched with a Bella tank in the pic.)

Bella_Phin_1.jpg Bella-Phin-Frog.jpg

Last edited:

furie4

Verified Member
    Jan 12, 2014
    Bethlehem Ga USA
    Ive been looking at allot of info. lately on cartomizer tanks. My current equip. is Kanger Areo tank , Protanks 2&3, IClear 30s. I bought an Iclear 30s and Smoketech DCT recently. The Smoketech came apart on me and I lost a tank of juice. I love the iclear 30s its now my second fav. the Areo tank is my #1 favorite. I very seldom have flooding or dry hit issues with my bcc. I build my own single coils they r much better. I bought a Kayfun 3.1 due to all reviews on it but....... like you say its a learning curve. No prob with building coils w cotton been doing RDA's for a couple of months now. My problem is with the way you have to fill it to keep the vacuum and the airflow/draw when its not right. Sooo thinkin IBTanked? .......... has cheep coils & cartos.

DezRo

ECF Veteran
    Jan 30, 2012
    Seattle
    I can't even use clearos outside of the house. They leak when it's hot. They leak when I have to drive through a mountain pass. And sometimes they just leak for no apparent reason at all.
    Such a pain in the ....
    In fact, Boge Cartos are pretty much the only thing I can depend on when I'm out and about or travelling.
    Only drawback is having to keep a bottle handy for the constant topping off. But it's worth it. Basically I treat them like an extended capacity atomizer.

catalinaflyer

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 1, 2013
    FL 510 (Over The Top Baby)
    Thanks to Baditude I tried a carto for the first time this past January and until this morning I have not touched any of my other atomizers from my drippers to my Kayfuns. I was given two bricks of Boge Carto's (that's 100 Carto's) and to date have only used about 30 of them. That's vaping approx 500ml in that time of clear non-coil-gunking Hawk Sauce to coil killing salted caramel. I punch them myself, fill them using the drip and shake method Baditude taught me then slip them in an IBTanked and just enjoy vaping.

I did get on of my Kayfun's out this morning and build it to try out the full 30 watts available on my new DNA30 box mod which is cool, makes a lot of vapor, good flavor but in the end I went right back to a Boge at 8.5 watts on my MVP and was just as satisfied.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread