Do you believe in ghosts, spirits, or lost souls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
Yes! He told the creepy one!!! This one kept me awake for hours the night he told me. :laugh:
As promised, my final experience with something I can neither explain nor forget. Its not all that scary, but it really does still give me the creeps.

Several months ago, Mrs E had gone to work. I had just laid the kids down for their naps, and decided that I would recline my end of the couch and take a nap myself.

It was a goregous day, so I had the blinds open to let in the sunshine. As I dozed off, I felt a gentle pressure on my shoulders, and then nothing. I passed it off as being in that "not awake, but not asleep" stage. Then I remember a kiss. One of those gentle passionate ones. As it continued, I slowly realized two things. One, the dream I thought it was, wasnt a dream. And two, Mrs E was at work. As these two realizations kicked in, the soft lips that were pressed to mine began to chap. I could feel soft and full lips turn into sandpaper, and feel the sharpness of dried skin scrape against my own lips. I jerked my eyes open and reeled back into the couch. I caught a fleeting glimpse of a shadow (I dont know how else to describe it) rush away from me. I bolt upright, still sitting, and begin to frantically look around. My mind trying to rationalize what I just saw and felt. A passing cloud could explain the moving shadow, but not the sensation of kissing chapped lips that I still felt on my own. As I look around the room, I see what I can only describe as a mist or smoke but in the distinct shape of a woman. And though it had no discernible face, I SWEAR I saw it look at me with a shy yet evil grin, then it disappeared. And to this day, I can still remember the perfection of that kiss and the transition from soft, warm, and supple lips to cold, dry and chapped.

That was the last time anything inexplicable has happened in this house. Since then, no one has seen the little girl in white. Melanie or CJ havent woken up screaming. It all just stopped.

**thank you all for sharing your stories. And just because Halloween is over, that doesnt mean you dont have to share!***

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
Mr. V was the same way Spicy. He always had an explanation for odd happenings. Then he finally saw something himself and is now almost a believer. I think he does believe now, but just does not want to admit it.
I'm such a nonbeliever in this stuff that if any of that happened to me I'd .... myself and go into cardiac arrest.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
I did a paper on why some people could see ghosts and others couldnt for school a few years ago. To make a long story short, its no secret that writers, artists,musicians and sensitive types have been much more apt to see them over the centuries.Thats because we access a different side of our brain than "" normal people.Scientist's, mathematicians, cynics and skeptics all use the 'logical" part of their brain over the creative more often than not. So it shouldnt be any surprise that most of them have never seen a ghost. Its just not possible for them unless they are very tired or under extreme circumstances.

This also explains why children see more ghosts than adults.They frequently use BOTH sides of their brain since they are growing and learning and dont have as many preconceived notions.

Firewing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've got 3 stories, the last one is completely true but very sad, and I'm sharing a bit of myself here, so please no bad remarks...ok one time I can remembering opening my hall closet, by my front door, and a man was hanging there by a belt. He was an older man and I never opened that closet again..I think I was 13. This one happened when I was about 8. I dreamt my dad got in an accident. I couldn't tell what kind of accident, just that it was a car accident. About a week later he was in a greyhound bus accident where he broke his back. And the last one that's very hard for me to tell because it still freaks me out and I can't figure out why me....when I was almost 11 I had a baby brother. One night I had a dream of this little tiny white casket being carried down a really green hill with my step grandpa, my step dad and all of his brothers, and just knew it was my brother in the casket. I told my mom who blew it off and told me people had nightmares of ones they love dying all the time and not to worry about it. About a week later my brother died...he had the same casket I saw in my dreams. My mom told me later that my dreams were a way of God protecting and preparing me for those awful things to happen. I still have dreams like that, but thankfully haven't had another one about someone close to me dying...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus, where the mountains meet the desert in Northern Cali

dhdonline1

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2012
canada
Thank you for sharing! I am so sorry to hear about your brother!

From a bunch of my experiences this "gift" can be more of a burden. I've never had such a painful experience as yours! At such a young age too. :(

I've got 3 stories, the last one is completely true but very sad, and I'm sharing a bit of myself here, so please no bad remarks...ok one time I can remembering opening my hall closet, by my front door, and a man was hanging there by a belt. He was an older man and I never opened that closet again..I think I was 13. This one happened when I was about 8. I dreamt my dad got in an accident. I couldn't tell what kind of accident, just that it was a car accident. About a week later he was in a greyhound bus accident where he broke his back. And the last one that's very hard for me to tell because it still freaks me out and I can't figure out why me....when I was almost 11 I had a baby brother. One night I had a dream of this little tiny white casket being carried down a really green hill with my step grandpa, my step dad and all of his brothers, and just knew it was my brother in the casket. I told my mom who blew it off and told me people had nightmares of ones they love dying all the time and not to worry about it. About a week later my brother died...he had the same casket I saw in my dreams. My mom told me later that my dreams were a way of God protecting and preparing me for those awful things to happen. I still have dreams like that, but thankfully haven't had another one about someone close to me dying...

Firewing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yes it can be a burden, but in way I think my mom was right it did help me to prepare a little by scaring me and giving me that awful feeling you get when you know your loved ones have passed on. It was very traumatic and very scary and I remember feeling like if I just hadn't told my mom maybe it wouldn't have come true. He was 5 months old and died from SIDS... over the years I've learned to listen to my dreams, and if they feel very real chances are they will come true at some point... does anyone else have dreams or feelings that come true? I can't be the only one right?:eek:

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
I did a paper on why some people could see ghosts and others couldnt for school a few years ago. To make a long story short, its no secret that writers, artists,musicians and sensitive types have been much more apt to see them over the centuries.Thats because we access a different side of our brain than "" normal people.Scientist's, mathematicians, cynics and skeptics all use the 'logical" part of their brain over the creative more often than not. So it shouldnt be any surprise that most of them have never seen a ghost. Its just not possible for them unless they are very tired or under extreme circumstances.

This also explains why children see more ghosts than adults.They frequently use BOTH sides of their brain since they are growing and learning and dont have as many preconceived notions.

I 100% agree with this. I'm a glass artist by trade and my mind is f'ing out there! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread