Do you believe in ghosts, spirits, or lost souls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
It's so creepy that it will be worth the wait Tiff. He told me and it kept me awake that night. *shudders*
HA! It didnt even keep me awake the night it happened! NO ONE messes with MY sleep!

Maybe I better not read it if Hubby isn't here. I'm kind of a chicken. I won't even let certain movies-Exorcist-come anywhere near my house. Someone let me watch it when I was a kid, like somewhere under 10, and I had nightmares for years!
I cant like that for the nightmares...

dhdonline1

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2012
canada
I'm baaaaaaack! :)

Ok I will start with a "positive" story :) First though, I have to give a little personal history....

I was born an identical twin. We were born both very sick. I am not sure what the condition is called, but it basically causes organs to crystalize. Mainly lungs. So long story short, I pulled through and my brother didn't. He lived for almost a month. Now I'm not sure if any twins are reading this, but they say twins have a special, life-long connection. Well I think it goes further than that!

I have had many times during my life when I've had a thought that "wasn't mine". I don't know really how to explain it, but that's about the only way I can think of saying it. Now, I have had this many times. Sometimes it had saved me some serious hardship! I live in the country, and many times I've been driving along and had a sudden urge to slow down. Usually very shortly after a deer will run out. If I hadn't slowed down, I would have hit them. That's happened at least a dozen times. I've had many things like that, and some have saved my life.

When I was young, I also had an "imaginary friend". Most kids do, and I think its a normal part of our creative development. Well mine was a little more involved than that. I named mine after my brother - who I never even understood existed at that age!

I still feel I have somebody watching over me. My fiancée has felt that too. I think many people have "guardian spirits" and I sure lucked out with mine!! :)

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
Ok, one of them I guess would technically be a ghost one. The others are things that happened to me a couple of times that make me wonder about whether there was something "else" behind the incident. Make sense?

The ghost one happened to hubby. When we first got married he was in the Air Force. We were stationed at Eglin AFB in Ft. Walton Beach. He worked 24 hour shifts. When we moved to FL we had just gotten married the week before and it was not only the first time moving away from family, but the first time I had ever not lived at home with my parents. I hated his work schedule because it left me alone overnight. We lived in a tiny, and I mean TINY, duplex that used to be a house but was converted in to two apartments. I would hear things fall in the other room, but when I looked everything would be fine. I would hear the fridge open or the water running. Just weird stuff like that. One night we were in bed and he woke up. He said he looked in the corner of the room and saw a lady with a white night gown on. He thought it was me at first but when he looked down I was in bed beside him. When he looked back up, she was walking into the closet. No one was in the closet when he got up to look.

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
Ok, one of them I guess would technically be a ghost one. The others are things that happened to me a couple of times that make me wonder about whether there was something "else" behind the incident. Make sense?

The ghost one happened to hubby. When we first got married he was in the Air Force. We were stationed at Eglin AFB in Ft. Walton Beach. He worked 24 hour shifts. When we moved to FL we had just gotten married the week before and it was not only the first time moving away from family, but the first time I had ever not lived at home with my parents. I hated his work schedule because it left me alone overnight. We lived in a tiny, and I mean TINY, duplex that used to be a house but was converted in to two apartments. I would hear things fall in the other room, but when I looked everything would be fine. I would hear the fridge open or the water running. Just weird stuff like that. One night we were in bed and he woke up. He said he looked in the corner of the room and saw a lady with a white night gown on. He thought it was me at first but when he looked down I was in bed beside him. When he looked back up, she was walking into the closet. No one was in the closet when he got up to look.
THATS more LIKE it!!!

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
I'm baaaaaaack! :)

Ok I will start with a "positive" story :) First though, I have to give a little personal history....

I was born an identical twin. We were born both very sick. I am not sure what the condition is called, but it basically causes organs to crystalize. Mainly lungs. So long story short, I pulled through and my brother didn't. He lived for almost a month. Now I'm not sure if any twins are reading this, but they say twins have a special, life-long connection. Well I think it goes further than that!

I have had many times during my life when I've had a thought that "wasn't mine". I don't know really how to explain it, but that's about the only way I can think of saying it. Now, I have had this many times. Sometimes it had saved me some serious hardship! I live in the country, and many times I've been driving along and had a sudden urge to slow down. Usually very shortly after a deer will run out. If I hadn't slowed down, I would have hit them. That's happened at least a dozen times. I've had many things like that, and some have saved my life.

When I was young, I also had an "imaginary friend". Most kids do, and I think its a normal part of our creative development. Well mine was a little more involved than that. I named mine after my brother - who I never even understood existed at that age!

I still feel I have somebody watching over me. My fiancée has felt that too. I think many people have "guardian spirits" and I sure lucked out with mine!! :)

Sorry to hear about your Brother. He's definitely watching over you. He's your guardian.

dhdonline1

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2012
canada
Hey everybody! Still haven't calmed down much here so just wanted to thank everybody for the replies! :)

A short story today :). My mom and dad moved to a new home about 13 years ago. The house was built in a few sections over many years. I think the oldest part of the house was built in 1930 or so? Anyway, the first time I was in the house and was walking around. At one point, I froze in terror - no reason, didn't see or hear anything. Just blood freezing terror. Instantly got cold. Then I "heard" in almost a whisper "you are not welcome here". That spot still creeps me out. Also their basement is the oldest part of the house - the joists are basically trees sawed in half. Well there are concrete steps going upstairs but they don't go all the way. The last 3 steps are wood. Every time I go down there it feels like somebody is going to grab my ankles. Haha creepy house!!

Have a great weekend everybody!! I'm enjoying everybodys stories, and being able to share mine without people thinking I'm a nutjob!! Haha :) On a side note..... Vape on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread