Do you believe in ghosts, spirits, or lost souls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
A small one here, same house of course.
The home had been remodeled and was beautiful. But there was one room in the basement that was rather freaky. It had not been remodeled and I found that strange. It was filled with shelves loaded with someones home canning. The dust was crazy thick in there. So of course I am going in to check it out. Who leaves canning behind for what looks like a hundred years? I finally decide to take the time to check it out, go down to the basement and open that door. Go to step in and stop. You can't go in. It was like walking into an invisible wall. No matter how hard I tried, I could not get in the room. On my last attempt I was shoved. I gave up and closed the door. Guess my question was answered!

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
That's creepy!

A small one here, same house of course.
The home had been remodeled and was beautiful. But there was one room in the basement that was rather freaky. It had not been remodeled and I found that strange. It was filled with shelves loaded with someones home canning. The dust was crazy thick in there. So of course I am going in to check it out. Who leaves canning behind for what looks like a hundred years? I finally decide to take the time to check it out, go down to the basement and open that door. Go to step in and stop. You can't go in. It was like walking into an invisible wall. No matter how hard I tried, I could not get in the room. On my last attempt I was shoved. I gave up and closed the door. Guess my question was answered!

dhdonline1

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2012
canada
You're welcome! I couldn't imagine loosing my sister. We're 5 years apart, me being older. We're super close; we live together.

I think it may be just as difficult in my situation with my brother because there are so many questions..... So many unkowns! It is always hard losing somebody close to you! :(

madmartyr72

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2011
IN
Nice thread! I LIKE spooky stuff! :p

Ok, I have had a few things to occur in my past that could be considered 'paranormal'. I'll relate the incidents and let you be the judge...

About six years ago, before my current gf and I got together and moved into our house, I lived on my own in a little upstairs apartment. The ninety six year old brick building my apartment was located in use to be a warehouse-turned modern living space that housed six apartments total (including my own). It was late one Thursday night and I was home alone watching TV. At the time, I had one of the old 'tube type' TV's that sat upon a little black entertainment center with a heavy glass front to it and I had it positioned diagonally in a corner of my living room. As I was lying on my couch, I just so happened to divert my attention away from the TV for a quick moment when I heard "BAM!" - the heavy thick glass front on my entertainment center had opened on it's own and crashed into my wall, hard enough to leave a mark on the paint! I sat up on my couch and just stared in disbelief.

After I had shook off my initial scare, I opened my door and went down the hall to another apartment where one of my best friends was living. He was awake and I quickly told him what had happened, so him and I decided to go do a little debunking. Now, before I go any further, I feel like I should tell ya a little about myself first (and my buddy). I am extremely analytical, first and foremost lol! I am also very intelligent and so is my friend (I was tested to be within the 98th percentile with an IQ level of 148 in school and my buddy at 160). Together, we went back to my apartment and put on an investigation that would have made The Ghost Hunters proud! The first thing we thought was that maybe somehow my ceiling fan might have blown the door open, so I got a piece of paper and took a black marker and drew a line down it. Next, we opened the door in various positions and lined it up with the black line to see if it would sway any. It didn't. The door was just too heavy for the ceiling fan to have effected it. We also noticed that the floor of the room my TV sat was very uneven and that gravity would have actually worked against the door from opening normally. After we had exhausted all possible ideas, we both just sat there completely stumped. That was the first 'incident' that happened to me in that apartment.

The next incident occurred about a week later. My gf at the time (and her cat that I had nicknamed evil kitty lol) had stayed the night with me on a Saturday. About 8am that Sunday morning, her and I were awake talking in my bed. From out in my living room came three loud whistles. The whistles came in quick short procession and were clear as a bell. Her and I both looked at each other and said in unison "Did you just hear that???". Now, my bedroom walked right out into my living room with no door in between, so I quickly jumped up and peaked around the corner into my living room. There was nothing there. What I found to be a little freaky when I peaked around the corner however was her cat was just sitting in the middle of my couch motionless, staring off into nothingness for at least a good 6-7 seconds before it finally looked over at me. Weird...

The first thing I thought was maybe a neighbor had walked down the hall whistling, so I had my gf go lay back down in bed while I went out into the hall and whistled just like we heard. Now, I have had a sleeping habit ever since I was a little kid and that is I sleep every night with a fan blowing, so I had her turn the fan back on before I went out in the hall just like it was when we heard the whistling. I went out in the hall and whistled as loud as I could without disturbing the neighbors and she couldn't even hear me over the fan. Whatever made those whistles came from my living room, and we were pretty sure evil kitty hadn't learned how to whistle :p! After that day, whatever it was causing those strange events had been given the nickname 'Whistler'.

The last incident I had happen to me occurred a few months later and I was home alone one night in my bed asleep. For years now I have had RLS, and some nights I toss and turn horribly; this was one of those nights. My bedroom always stayed a little lit at night due to a street light right outside a window, so even in the middle of the night I could open my eyes and see objects in my room with no problem. What happened to me this night may sound a little far fetched to some of you, but I assure you, it happened. I seen something in my room that night. Something till this day I still have a hard time believing myself. As I was laying on my back, I just happened to open my eyes a little to see what I can only describe as some kind of gaseous form floating a few feet over me. Without even thinking and all wide-eyed by now, I yelled out 'AHHHHHHHHHHH' and this 'form' quickly jetted down the side of my bed and was gone in the blink of an eye! I was in disbelief and needless to say didn't get a wink of sleep the rest of that night.

I think the only way I was able to cope with this incident was to except the possibility that I was dreaming when I saw this 'apparition'. I very well could have been. The one thing I know for sure however was when I yelled out, I was very much awake. It looked real - it just felt real to me, but was it? I dunno if it really was, but I will never forget it...

dhdonline1

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2012
canada
Awesome stories! Thanks for sharing!! :)

The definitely do not seem far fetched to me. I would like to think of myself as intelligent also, and I am a very "cause and effect" kind of person. I need to know why things happen!! Sometimes you just can't explain some of our experiences! :) I know some of the ones I've had can only be explained as "paranormal".

Nice thread! I LIKE spooky stuff! :p

Ok, I have had a few things to occur in my past that could be considered 'paranormal'. I'll relate the incidents and let you be the judge...

About six years ago, before my current gf and I got together and moved into our house, I lived on my own in a little upstairs apartment. The ninety six year old brick building my apartment was located in use to be a warehouse-turned modern living space that housed six apartments total (including my own). It was late one Thursday night and I was home alone watching TV. At the time, I had one of the old 'tube type' TV's that sat upon a little black entertainment center with a heavy glass front to it and I had it positioned diagonally in a corner of my living room. As I was lying on my couch, I just so happened to divert my attention away from the TV for a quick moment when I heard "BAM!" - the heavy thick glass front on my entertainment center had opened on it's own and crashed into my wall, hard enough to leave a mark on the paint! I sat up on my couch and just stared in disbelief.

After I had shook off my initial scare, I opened my door and went down the hall to another apartment where one of my best friends was living. He was awake and I quickly told him what had happened, so him and I decided to go do a little debunking. Now, before I go any further, I feel like I should tell ya a little about myself first (and my buddy). I am extremely analytical, first and foremost lol! I am also very intelligent and so is my friend (I was tested to be within the 98th percentile with an IQ level of 148 in school and my buddy at 160). Together, we went back to my apartment and put on an investigation that would have made The Ghost Hunters proud! The first thing we thought was that maybe somehow my ceiling fan might have blown the door open, so I got a piece of paper and took a black marker and drew a line down it. Next, we opened the door in various positions and lined it up with the black line to see if it would sway any. It didn't. The door was just too heavy for the ceiling fan to have effected it. We also noticed that the floor of the room my TV sat was very uneven and that gravity would have actually worked against the door from opening normally. After we had exhausted all possible ideas, we both just sat there completely stumped. That was the first 'incident' that happened to me in that apartment.

The next incident occurred about a week later. My gf at the time (and her cat that I had nicknamed evil kitty lol) had stayed the night with me on a Saturday. About 8am that Sunday morning, her and I were awake talking in my bed. From out in my living room came three loud whistles. The whistles came in quick short procession and were clear as a bell. Her and I both looked at each other and said in unison "Did you just hear that???". Now, my bedroom walked right out into my living room with no door in between, so I quickly jumped up and peaked around the corner into my living room. There was nothing there. What I found to be a little freaky when I peaked around the corner however was her cat was just sitting in the middle of my couch motionless, staring off into nothingness for at least a good 6-7 seconds before it finally looked over at me. Weird...

The first thing I thought was maybe a neighbor had walked down the hall whistling, so I had my gf go lay back down in bed while I went out into the hall and whistled just like we heard. Now, I have had a sleeping habit ever since I was a little kid and that is I sleep every night with a fan blowing, so I had her turn the fan back on before I went out in the hall just like it was when we heard the whistling. I went out in the hall and whistled as loud as I could without disturbing the neighbors and she couldn't even hear me over the fan. Whatever made those whistles came from my living room, and we were pretty sure evil kitty hadn't learned how to whistle :p! After that day, whatever it was causing those strange events had been given the nickname 'Whistler'.

The last incident I had happen to me occurred a few months later and I was home alone one night in my bed asleep. For years now I have had RLS, and some nights I toss and turn horribly; this was one of those nights. My bedroom always stayed a little lit at night due to a street light right outside a window, so even in the middle of the night I could open my eyes and see objects in my room with no problem. What happened to me this night may sound a little far fetched to some of you, but I assure you, it happened. I seen something in my room that night. Something till this day I still have a hard time believing myself. As I was laying on my back, I just happened to open my eyes a little to see what I can only describe as some kind of gaseous form floating a few feet over me. Without even thinking and all wide-eyed by now, I yelled out 'AHHHHHHHHHHH' and this 'form' quickly jetted down the side of my bed and was gone in the blink of an eye! I was in disbelief and needless to say didn't get a wink of sleep the rest of that night.

I think the only way I was able to cope with this incident was to except the possibility that I was dreaming when I saw this 'apparition'. I very well could have been. The one thing I know for sure however was when I yelled out, I was very much awake. It looked real - it just felt real to me, but was it? I dunno if it really was, but I will never forget it...

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
I was driving home late on night out in the country.It was about 2 am, I had just finished visiting a "friend" and I came around a corner and in the graveyard of a church I saw a little girl standing by the side of the road in a pinafore dress.My first reaction was to stop and see if she was alright so I put my foot on the brakes to slow down and all the hairs on the back of my neck stood straight up.It was then that I realized I could see right through her.

I floored it and got the hell out of there with a quickness. I didnt say anything to anyone for years, just chalked it up to being tired and my mind playing tricks on me.One night I was at my brothers house drinking and we all started telling ghost stories and after awhile I finally told them this story.My brothers eyes got big as saucers and he asked me which church it was (there were several on the long stretch of country road) and he knew exactly the church I was talking about. He had been riding through there late at night on his motorcycle and felt something jump on the back of the bike. The shocks went down and he swore he felt icy arms encircling his waist.Just when he was about to panic whatever it was jumped off the bike and he heard the sound of a little girl laughing over the roar of the motorcycle as he sped off.

It really spooked both of us.Neither my brother or myself are known for wild stories or exaggeration and Ive thought a couple of times about doing research to find out who is buried in that graveyard.

Last edited:

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Another time, I was living in Tennessee staying in a campground and renting a camper trailer.I "dreamed" that I woke up & started talking to a family friend that I hadnt seen in awhile. It was the most lifelike dream Ive ever had, made even more strange by the fact tht Im a heavy sleeper and rarely if ever remember my dreams. I rolled out of bed, lit a cigarette and starting talking to Wade for a few minutes.I asked him what he was doing there and he said "Im moving on but I didnt get a chance to tell your father good bye" (they were really close friends) He said 'Tell him I love him and that I forgive him" for some reason that made me angry and me being me, I made a sarcastic remark.Thats when I felt this icy push and it felt like I fell an extremely long distance.All I can remember was screaming and waking up in my bed thinking it was just a bad nightmare.

A few days later I called my parents and my mom told me that Wade had been missing for 3 days and that my father was out helping the sheriffs department look for him. They had found his wallet and his cigarettes on a table by his front door but no sign of him. Its been 9 years now and no ones found a trace or even any clues to his whereabouts.

Last edited:

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
As promised, my final experience with something I can neither explain nor forget. Its not all that scary, but it really does still give me the creeps.

Several months ago, Mrs E had gone to work. I had just laid the kids down for their naps, and decided that I would recline my end of the couch and take a nap myself.

It was a goregous day, so I had the blinds open to let in the sunshine. As I dozed off, I felt a gentle pressure on my shoulders, and then nothing. I passed it off as being in that "not awake, but not asleep" stage. Then I remember a kiss. One of those gentle passionate ones. As it continued, I slowly realized two things. One, the dream I thought it was, wasnt a dream. And two, Mrs E was at work. As these two realizations kicked in, the soft lips that were pressed to mine began to chap. I could feel soft and full lips turn into sandpaper, and feel the sharpness of dried skin scrape against my own lips. I jerked my eyes open and reeled back into the couch. I caught a fleeting glimpse of a shadow (I dont know how else to describe it) rush away from me. I bolt upright, still sitting, and begin to frantically look around. My mind trying to rationalize what I just saw and felt. A passing cloud could explain the moving shadow, but not the sensation of kissing chapped lips that I still felt on my own. As I look around the room, I see what I can only describe as a mist or smoke but in the distinct shape of a woman. And though it had no discernible face, I SWEAR I saw it look at me with a shy yet evil grin, then it disappeared. And to this day, I can still remember the perfection of that kiss and the transition from soft, warm, and supple lips to cold, dry and chapped.

That was the last time anything inexplicable has happened in this house. Since then, no one has seen the little girl in white. Melanie or CJ havent woken up screaming. It all just stopped.

**thank you all for sharing your stories. And just because Halloween is over, that doesnt mean you dont have to share!***

tlmoody27

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Middle of No Where, GA
That's just plain CREEPY! *shivers*

As promised, my final experience with something I can neither explain nor forget. Its not all that scary, but it really does still give me the creeps.

Several months ago, Mrs E had gone to work. I had just laid the kids down for their naps, and decided that I would recline my end of the couch and take a nap myself.

It was a goregous day, so I had the blinds open to let in the sunshine. As I dozed off, I felt a gentle pressure on my shoulders, and then nothing. I passed it off as being in that "not awake, but not asleep" stage. Then I remember a kiss. One of those gentle passionate ones. As it continued, I slowly realized two things. One, the dream I thought it was, wasnt a dream. And two, Mrs E was at work. As these two realizations kicked in, the soft lips that were pressed to mine began to chap. I could feel soft and full lips turn into sandpaper, and feel the sharpness of dried skin scrape against my own lips. I jerked my eyes open and reeled back into the couch. I caught a fleeting glimpse of a shadow (I dont know how else to describe it) rush away from me. I bolt upright, still sitting, and begin to frantically look around. My mind trying to rationalize what I just saw and felt. A passing cloud could explain the moving shadow, but not the sensation of kissing chapped lips that I still felt on my own. As I look around the room, I see what I can only describe as a mist or smoke but in the distinct shape of a woman. And though it had no discernible face, I SWEAR I saw it look at me with a shy yet evil grin, then it disappeared. And to this day, I can still remember the perfection of that kiss and the transition from soft, warm, and supple lips to cold, dry and chapped.

That was the last time anything inexplicable has happened in this house. Since then, no one has seen the little girl in white. Melanie or CJ havent woken up screaming. It all just stopped.

**thank you all for sharing your stories. And just because Halloween is over, that doesnt mean you dont have to share!***

Sent from my HTC EVO on Taptalk.

dhdonline1

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2012
canada
Its funny you mentioned this! I have had experiences like that also. Not quite to the same extent but I have been kissed by "something" when I know there was nobody in the house. Mine didn't end as creepy though! I should mention it was a recurring experience also. Usually with varying levels of... Um... Urgency? Sometimes a quick peck, barely noticed. Sometimes quite "urgent" and sensual. For a lot of my experiences it was in the same sleep state - not quite asleep and not quite awake. Very disturbing!

dhdonline1

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2012
canada
Ok I apologize. I'm a little late to the game! I'm in the midst of a very stressful and rushed move. New career, new home (hopefully) and finally being able to live in the same home as my fiancée in over a year!

Some may call me crazy for this story I am going to tell. I don't think that will happen here, but just in general.

One night, my fiancée went to bed. Just another normal night. We both fell asleep as usual. A couple hours after we both woke up at the exact same time, frozen with fear. I heard a very low pitched sound. Almost a growl but not quite - not really sure how to explain it. Then we both heard as a whisper.... "kill". Well that was the end of our night to say the least! Thankfully, that day we were leaving for a week long vacation! That night, we went to bed in our tent. At some point, my fiancée went to put her arm around me, and I threw her arm off and said "eff off". She said it didn't even sound like me! Then I grabbed her hand.

After we came back from vacation, we went to bed as usual. Again, I woke up frozen with fear. I heard the same sound as before, but this time I heard a whisper... "Suicide". I know I was not dreaming!!

Since then, nothing strange has happened thankfully!!! Hopefully it stays that way for the few nights I have left here!

efirdj

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2011
Clover, SC
I'm such a nonbeliever in this stuff that if any of that happened to me I'd .... myself and go into cardiac arrest.
I was never really a believer or non-believer. All the stories that my dad told me happened, I kinda passed off as dad exaggerating, because every time he said it happened, I have no memory of it. It took living in the house in Norfolk before I started to believe. And it was solidified in my mind when my wife and I had both seen that little girl, plus our friend that described her with no prior knowledge of her. I do believe now. Do I believe in the crap shows that they put on tv? Not hardly. Too much of it can be faked, noises can be made off camera or even edited into the final cut while actors pretend they hear something. But I do believe in what Ive seen and experienced in my own home. And that is what it took for me to become a believer.

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
Super creepy, I can't "like" it, but wow, thanks for sharing your story!
Ok I apologize. I'm a little late to the game! I'm in the midst of a very stressful and rushed move. New career, new home (hopefully) and finally being able to live in the same home as my fiancée in over a year!

Some may call me crazy for this story I am going to tell. I don't think that will happen here, but just in general.

One night, my fiancée went to bed. Just another normal night. We both fell asleep as usual. A couple hours after we both woke up at the exact same time, frozen with fear. I heard a very low pitched sound. Almost a growl but not quite - not really sure how to explain it. Then we both heard as a whisper.... "kill". Well that was the end of our night to say the least! Thankfully, that day we were leaving for a week long vacation! That night, we went to bed in our tent. At some point, my fiancée went to put her arm around me, and I threw her arm off and said "eff off". She said it didn't even sound like me! Then I grabbed her hand.

After we came back from vacation, we went to bed as usual. Again, I woke up frozen with fear. I heard the same sound as before, but this time I heard a whisper... "Suicide". I know I was not dreaming!!

Since then, nothing strange has happened thankfully!!! Hopefully it stays that way for the few nights I have left here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread