Do you elmer (or vape-a-loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Hooked my brother in law up yesterday with a USB bypass rig and a 10ml bottle of Totally Wicked titan fluid "American Red Tobacco" (he is currently waiting on two iTaste VV V3's from (take a wild guess) dunnn....dunnn...dunnnnnnnn fasttech

They came by to visit from Alabama to Houston yesterday, they are in the process of moving to North Carolina and are still rocking the "roll your own" analogs...

Showed him how to disassemble and clean the CE4S's clearomizers and how to replace the heads, and how to fill the clearomizer...showed him the proper vaping technique and all the other goodies I have in my fishing tackle vaping box..heh

His first hit was the clearomizer from his USB bypass on my Vamo V3 at 6.5 watts...coughing fit but he didn't hit it very hard, told him EVERYONE coughs the first time...then reminded him what it was like with his first analog...he gets it now ;)

2nd person I elmered was a girl from work...rocking an 808 head cigalike and getting "burnt" taste, loaned her my now unused Totally Wicked Tornado RCS unit, and a spare CE4 clearomizer I pulled of ANOTHER USB bypass rig from above...filled it with Azure vapors banana nut bread that has been steeping for over 3 weeks (already tested to make sure wasn't "chemically tasting")

Showed her vaping techique, how to charge the rig with the USB passthru function and showed her all the other goodies I have in my fishing tackle vaping box (yeah I brought it with me to show it off..so nyah)

Texted her and she says she is loving it...sent her a bunch of links to e-juice vendors and showed her my favorite juices

Oh yeah..they are loaners until she can figure out if she really likes the bigger PV's vs the cigalikes

Who have you helped with your spare stuff you don't use anymore?

Last edited:

danca90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Zagreb, Croatia
I haven't been at it long enough to have enough backups, I've got one mod, and 3 egos. However, I do take friends to a vape shop with me, and tell them if they buy a spinner and an evod, and don't stick with it I will buy it off of them. So far, out of the 3 people I offered this to, I have bought zero spinners or evods. Success, or failure?

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
I haven't been at it long enough to have enough backups, I've got one mod, and 3 egos. However, I do take friends to a vape shop with me, and tell them if they buy a spinner and an evod, and don't stick with it I will buy it off of them. So far, out of the 3 people I offered this to, I have bought zero spinners or evods. Success, or failure?
I guess that could be "reverse" elmering or vape-a-loan..hah

Any reason why they didn't stick with it?

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
I haven't given anything permanently, but tonight I was asked if I worked at the store. Perhaps, it's a sign I have no party life anymore, and I'm on ECF more than most anything else, so since I know about a good bit of things, I end up in many conversations about vaping when I have a baby sitter. I guess having people arrange with me to help them figure out what they want is a good feeling.. I try to push ECF on them first, though.. I even directed a gas station clerk here tonight. BOOM!

cthulhufan

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2013
Saint Louis, MO, USA
Went on vacation to see some national and state parks in NM/AZ (luckily just before all of the current political situation). Spent the night with some friends of my wife and her mother so they could shoot the breeze and catch up after many years. Both are smoking analogs currently but were very interested in my Ego setup with carto tank and bcc tank. I didn't have my 18650 tube with me because, well, it's just easier for me to travel with the spinner and the Ego pass-through...

Anyway, they really wanted to get setup and give it a whirl so I ordered them in two spinners and a Smok Tech Tumbler with some replacement coils and a stardust tank to check out along with case, charger etc... Also going to send them a carto tank when Ikenvape gets some more cartos in.

Making a short video to stick up on youtube for 'em showing them how to use it all and then mailing the kit off to them tomorrow.

I'm excited, wish me (and them) luck!

Also looks like I may be doing the exact same for my dad very soon as, at our last camping outing, he is finally expressing an interest. He was off-put by my carto tank because he didn't like the looks of filling it through the fill port with a lab syringe. He really liked the Tumbler since you can fill that straight out of a standard e-juice bottle. Hope he ends up on board too :)

Intervap

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2013
Port Huron, Mi
My father always get my hand-me-downs :) since I've been vaping my Reo exclusively, he has two eGo Twists, an SVD with multiple different sized AW IMRs, and more than a dozen clearos! We trade juices too. He gets all the juice I don't like and I get all the juice he doesn't like, saving us a lot of time and money testing new flavors! He will vape pretty much anything and isn't picky about flavor, vapor, or throathit as long as it all extists :D

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Who have you helped with your spare stuff you don't use anymore?

I've vape-a-loaned so many I've lost count! :lol:

Dozens of people... Friends & relatives alike. Over the years I've purchased new stuff and vape-a-loan the older stuff.

If you're not using it, why not share? ;)

Recon Number 54

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
McKinney, TX
In my house I am the "gadget guy" and so I am the one that gets to "beta test" any new hardware and my wife gets my "second-string" devices (that work for her, for example, her trying carto-tanks was a failure as her inhalation method flooded them every time). Interestingly though, she was the first to vape (she quit cigarettes, I am/was a cigar smoker) and once I saw that she was struggling with cigalikes (their performance, taste and TCO) I started vaping myself and got her onto something that worked better than the cigalikes.

She's currently using DC MegaCartos on various eGo's and is "satisfied", but has expressed some reluctant interest in my Sigelei VV/VW mod (interest in longer battery life, reluctance to spend money) so soon she may be on a similar rig to mine. That would allow us to use the eGo's as backups and loaners/learners for any of our friends who may be interested in dropping analogs.

It's a great idea though, being able to leverage your personal experience and spare devices to help analog smokers have a better first experience with vaping. The more people off of analogs, the better everyone does!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread