Do you jones for a vape like you did for an analog ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SueandCootie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2009
south central Mass
Yes! I noticed this right from the start, and in fact after 10 weeks of steady vaping I stopped cold turkey for five days while I had a sinus infection last week. I've started again, but it's very casual like you said..I don't take my rig with me if I go out shopping or bike riding anymore, I think I'm only doing it at all because I have so many fun flavors to work with...

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
I guess I'm in the minority . . . yes, I jones for my vape. :cry:

For the most part, I vape fairly continuously and steadily. I simply don't deprive myself (although I tend to vape low and no nicotine through most of the day with an occasional spike of high or medium). When I do go for more than a couple of hours without vaping, I start getting anxious.

Given where I am with my nicotine intake, I seriously doubt it's the nicotine I'm craving . . . I think it's more the hand-to-mouth habit and the desire to inhale and feel something of weight in my lungs.

My husband is a bit disappointed because he had in his mind that I would eventually wean myself off of my PV. I don't know why he thought that--I certainly never suggested it. I guess wishful thinking. But it's clear to me that if I stop vaping, I have a very good chance of picking up the analogs again.

As for leaving the house without my PV, simply unthinkable.

I am an addict. I have simply traded my tobacco addiction for a safer alternative.

jimik

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2009
Spring Hill, Fl
Sort of, it is not nearly as intense as it was with a regular cigarette though. I haven't been in a situation where I did not have my PV with me for more than a few hours, so it is hard to gage just how addicted I am to it.

I do notice I spend a lot of time vaping, most of that time is spent with liquid that I mixed with VG and just enough of my 18mg e-liquid to make it a little thinner. I enjoy the act of vaping, it is very relaxing regardless if there is minuscule amounts of nicotine in my mix or not. I only really hit the full 18mg when I am looking for more of a throat hit.

CArtVapr

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
www.bjorkartstudio.com
I've got the 510 and what I love is the intense throat it gives, especially with a high nic like 24 or 36, so I can go hours without it, and then drag if I want to and I'm satisfied quickly because of that throat hit that is more than analogs, it is like smoking a whole cig within 3 hits, so awesome. So to me, the e-cig is as healthy as it possibly could be and satisfying to the fullest. SCREW the FDA.
Oh, and when drinking, the E-cig is great with high nic, that's the only time I will vape a good amount among regular smokers, funny thing is that mine is better all around and they have no clue... some people get upset, I've even had people try to start a fight over it. And some can't handle me talking about it, they get all ...... like I'm trying to convert them, yet I'm simply trying to explain it to them and tell them where they can find info on it. Whatever...

Nestran

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Rhode Island
I do but it's not nearly as bad as analogs were. I vape a lot right now but it's new for me (only a week into it) and I'm still working with the stock carts that come with the 510 so the vapor and throat hit are so so. Should be getting some juice in hopefully today (Heading for NH for the weekend) and we will see.

Nestran

Tori

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
South Texas USA
You know it's weird but I really don't. I used to have an analog shortly after I woke in the morning... always after I ate and right before bed... I was also a big car smoker, but now not so much any of that. I can go a really long time in the morning before vaping which is wow to me :p I do find if I'm stressed I kinda clutch on to it like a pacifier though. No nic fits to speak of :D a good thing

SudokuGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
USA-Florida
I don't know if I would...haven't tried doing without my pv. I think I probably would tho'.

Yesterday, I ran out of regular cigs...I've worked outside in the yard all week and I tend to like them better than the pv in that situation. I knew I wouldn't run out to get a pack, and at first I had a bit of that anxiety of "oh no...I can't be out." But, I turned to my pv and that anxiety subsided rather quickly. So, here's to hoping that I ever have to do without my pv!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread