Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    Hello fellow vapers.
    Here is a topic I was thinking of lately and I wanted to ask your opinion/plans.

Generally speaking, e-cigs were invented in order to help smokers switch from smoking regular cigs to something much less harmful and eventually help people quit this (one of the worst) habit of smoking / adding nicotine to your system.

Ideal plan was to give a smoker something similar (as a process) with enough nicotine to satisfy his needs but without all that sh@t that cigs contain.
    After some time this ex-smoker was suppose to start lowering amounts of nicotine in his e-juice up until he is OK with 0 mg. nic vaping.
    And eventually quit vaping as well, eliminating the habit.

In reality, I'd say about 80% of ex-smokers who became vapers don't even plan to quit vaping, they have their preferred nic. level and they keep on vaping it year after year being happy about it.

So what's your opinion on that? Do you also plan to keep on vaping or you might quit it in the future?

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    Maybe one day, not for a long time if I do. Unless it becomes a felony, or I physically can't vape for some reason, I'm planning to keep vaping. Vaping (nicotine) and coffee (caffeine) are two things that help bring sanity to an insane world for me. I could have much more harmful vices.

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    Still want to be buried with a few mods, attys and juice just in case

yeah, vapers will have fancier and cloudier funerals than gypsy's
    23_3.jpg

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013
    Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
    Hello fellow vapers.
    Here is a topic I was thinking of lately and I wanted to ask your opinion/plans.

Generally speaking, e-cigs were invented in order to help smokers switch from smoking regular cigs to something much less harmful and eventually help people quit this (one of the worst) habit of smoking / adding nicotine to your system.

Ideal plan was to give a smoker something similar (as a process) with enough nicotine to satisfy his needs but without all that sh@t that cigs contain.
    After some time this ex-smoker was suppose to start lowering amounts of nicotine in his e-juice up until he is OK with 0 mg. nic vaping.
    And eventually quit vaping as well, eliminating the habit.

In reality, I'd say about 80% of ex-smokers who became vapers don't even plan to quit vaping, they have their preferred nic. level and they keep on vaping it year after year being happy about it.

So what's your opinion on that? Do you also plan to keep on vaping or you might quit it in the future?
    I once quit smoking for a year and a half using the gum and Wellbutrin. Then one fine winter day...out of the blue, I was on the foot of a mountain, hving enjoyed a fine day skiing. While enjoying a beer I saw someone light up a cig. It was my brand of choice, and I caught a whiff of the smoke from that freshly lit cig.

A year and half! and something clicked in my head, I really wanted one. I fought the urge, for a while, but halfway home there I was at the counter of a gas station,,,buying a pack:facepalm::facepalm:

It only took about two weeks before I was back to 2.5 packs a day, so yeah, I plan on keeping the vape close.:toast:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I have no plans to quit vaping. After ten years vaping at low wattage my lungs are clear (compared to smoking) and I still enjoy vaping. I never really wanted to quit smoking. I just knew that I needed to get rid of burning tobacco. For me, ecigs were a safe(r) alternative. I started vaping as a safer method for using nicotine.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    The thing I have found watching the site for the years I have is a lot of people do manage to quit using ecigs. People who have tried to quit smoking many times before trying other cessation methods and failing. This is why I laugh so hard at anti smoking advocates who say things like “ just use a patch”. That has almost always already been tried, along with all the other stuff. E-cigarettes aren’t usually the first smoking cessation device they try its the last.

It’s a slow process generally taking several years. Not everyone can do it though. The long term posters here are generally the ones who just can’t. Even these have their lives extended though. Even a lot of these have managed large nicotine reductions.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    The thing I have found watching the site for the years I have is a lot of people do manage to quit using ecigs. People who have tried to quit smoking many times before trying other cessation methods and failing. This is why I laugh so hard at anti smoking advocates who say things like “ just use a patch”. That has almost always already been tried, along with all the other stuff. E-cigarettes aren’t usually the first smoking cessation device they try its the last.

It’s a slow process generally taking several years. Not everyone can do it though. The long term posters here are generally the ones who just can’t. Even these have their lives extended though. Even a lot of these have managed large nicotine reductions.

That’s me. Tried everything, many times over the years. Nothing worked. I did not expect vaping to work either, and hadn’t even planned to try quitting. Just something I could use indoors at home, or where I couldn’t smoke.

I don’t really think about giving it up. I think, for me, staying smoke free is going to be a long term battle, maybe life long.

I do know people who got into vaping thinking they’d quit smoking and eventually quit vaping, too, and a few managed to do it.

So who knows... I don’t think I’ll quit, but never say never.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    I worked with a couple of people who used vaping as a short time method of getting off the cigs. They both went into it with a plan and a timeline and they quit vaping on schedule. Not in touch with them now so I don't know if it worked out for them long term. I'm doubtful just because I quit smoking several times and slipped back into it so easily. Don't see how the method you use to quit would make it less likely that you would start smoking again.

The possibility that nicotine keeps Alzheimer's at bay seems important to me. I have a lot of it in my family tree. Even without that I just enjoy vaping, and I don't see any reason to stop.

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    I see no reason to. Whats next then; stop drinking coffee or beer?

Look, we all have things we can't stop like breathing, sleeping, drinking water, m̶a̶s̶t̶u̶r̶b̶a̶t̶i̶n̶g̶.
    I was always thinking that having less "habits" like that is making you more of a free person. :unsure:
    If you can eliminate a habit which is not a life important one, why won't you do it?

Don29palms

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    Look, we all have things we can't stop like breathing, sleeping, drinking water, m̶a̶s̶t̶u̶r̶b̶a̶t̶i̶n̶g̶.
    I was always thinking that having less "habits" like that is making you more of a free person. :unsure:
    If you can eliminate a habit which is not a life important one, why won't you do it?
    Why haven't you quit?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread