Do you stock up "just in case"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
The difference is that 18650s are a standard size, with standard connections, and thus easily replaceable by anyone when they wear down. You and I might have the skills to select and replace a Lipo when the time comes, but does the average vaper?
Not I.

Maybe with help from members here. Not everyone knows or uses this resource.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Not I.
Maybe with help from members here. Not everyone knows or uses this resource.
Exactly my point. The average vaper looking for long-term gear should choose it based on whether she can maintain that gear herself, and batteries are an obvious wear item. I'm not worried the FDA "banning" 18650s. They're used in lots of other things that the FDA has no jurisdiction over.

Reactions: Robino1

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
The difference is that 18650s are a standard size, with standard connections, and thus easily replaceable by anyone when they wear down. You and I might have the skills to select and replace a Lipo when the time comes, but does the average vaper?
It really depends on how they're connected. If the pack is soldered into place, of course that's not going to be replaceable by the average vaper, but if it's installed using the plastic connectors found on many LiPo packs, that's a different matter.
For example, the VapeCige VTbox has a "plug and play" LiPo pack.
But that's splitting hairs, I guess.
So I'd say overall 18650s are "easier" to replace than LiPos, but that doesn't make the LiPo option impossible.

Drummel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2010
Sycamore, IL
I keep about 20 to 30 bottles of juice at most. 5 batteries in rotation, 5 packages of cotton and 1 package each of 22 through 30 Gauge kanthal. 2 RDAs 2 RDTAs 5 tanks 2 APVS 2 machined mech mods and various home made box mods from back in the day. I am not going to stock up. I can build my own units and I can go without nic at this point the as long as the juice can produce a throat hit. I would have panicked if they actually succeeded years ago, but with knowledge comes some power. And ultimately if all the materials were outlawed I can thank vaping for helping me quit big tobacco and just be at peace knowing they won't ever get another red cent from me.

Reactions: Mowgli
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread