Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
They can never ban all the stuff but what I see are high taxes on vape stuff coming so government does not lose tobacco revenue.
We can argue all day over what "they" can or can't ban, but the writing is on the wall with respect to taxes. Right now, our vape supplies are essentially untaxed, and whatever one stocks up on now will forever remain that way. :)

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
Vaping is big business. What would happen to bulk vendors if the FDA finally does release the 'deeming' and it only deals with safety caps, labeling and advertising?

They would go out of business...

If you look at the quotes above, yes you did. Now please explain why..... Drivel, pure drivel amigo.

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
I didn't say that. They would go out of business if the fear of a ban no longer existed...

And if there was no fear of a ban, would not their business continue to grow as it had before fears of bans? Or is it my imagination this industry is one of the fastest growing in recent history?

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
And if there was no fear of a ban, would not their business continue to grow as it had before fears of bans? Or is it my imagination this industry is one of the fastest growing in recent history?

People wouldn't be buying freezers and filling them with gallons of nic lest the fear of a ban tomorrow continues...

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
If you look at the quotes above, yes you did. Now please explain why..... Drivel, pure drivel amigo.

If the regulations only deal with what I mentioned, the fear of a ban would be over and the bulk vendors who rely on fear would find themselves with quite a loss of business...

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
I disagree steve, the industry is just too big and there is a consumer base that needs to be satisfied. Most vapers out there are not here on the forums and either know nothing or care nothing of regulation. The market will still exist and consumption will only increase. This, of course, if regs that you describe come to pass. The "hoarders" make up a miniscule section of the nic purchasing market.

Reactions: Rossum

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
I disagree steve, the industry is just too big and there is a consumer base that needs to be satisfied. Most vapers out there are not here on the forums and either know nothing or care nothing of regulation. The market will still exist and consumption will only increase. This, of course, if regs that you describe come to pass. The "hoarders" make up a miniscule section of the nic purchasing market.

Most vapers don't buy bulk nic to fill freezers with; just those on forums...

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
.....and it's that they have inventory from 2013 (can't sell that stuff EVEN TO STOCKPILERS :lol: who already have plenty of outdated stuff of their own)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: If the price is right, YES they can.

785-1 Innokin iClear 30 Clearomizer
oHm Rating: 1.5 oHm - LR
$1.99 x 10
$19.90

Reactions: XeniaVaper
After everything I'm seeing in Chicago, on Twitter and on ECF, I'm ordering a minimum of 500ml 100mg of Nude Nicotine Armor the first week of November. I'll order 500ml 100mg every month until I do not feel the pressure of taxation and the nanny state.

Now I need to study ECF Forums and find the best VG/PG/Flavors... November 2015 is the beginning of DIY for me.

Look at the ammunition industry. Vendors who couldn't give away cheap Chinese ammo quickly found themselves with more orders than they could fill...

Maybe. When it was all the rage, I was one of those guys that bought a Chinese SKS in cosmoline and modded it, and also purchased two flats of 7.62x39 steel core. I don't own any guns anymore, but there were a lot like me, and the ammo was selling like hot cakes.

The Eciginator

Ultra Member
Jul 27, 2015
After everything I'm seeing in Chicago, on Twitter and on ECF, I'm ordering a minimum of 500ml 100mg of Nude Nicotine Armor the first week of November. I'll order 500ml 100mg every month until I do not feel the pressure of taxation and the nanny state.

Now I need to study ECF Forums and find the best VG/PG/Flavors... November 2015 is the beginning of DIY for me.
Yup, ditto!;)

We can argue all day over what "they" can or can't ban, but the writing is on the wall with respect to taxes. Right now, our vape supplies are essentially untaxed, and whatever one stocks up on now will forever remain that way. :)

Count me in. I'm going to go DIY hard. I'm going to stick my fingers in my ears and go, "La la la la la la la...." I refuse to bend on this and will protect my rights as far out time wise as I can.

Could you explain why a bulk retailer will go out of business due to safety caps?

I'll tell you one thing, btw the safety caps, warning labels, taxation and whatever they throw at the industry, Chicago is going to be hit hard. Democrat Mayor Emmanuel and all the Democrat Alderman just voted for a $775 million dollar tax increase on tax payers, and the taxes are going to hit vape shops hard. They are currently proposing a 25% tax on all e-juice and associated equipment. Cigarettes in Chicago sell for around $13 a _PACK_. This is just the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread