Do you stock up "just in case"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Eciginator

Ultra Member
Jul 27, 2015
Count me in. I'm going to go DIY hard. I'm going to stick my fingers in my ears and go, "La la la la la la la...." I refuse to bend on this and will protect my rights as far out time wise as I can.
First place to start is with this calculator, comes with tons of recipes. http://ejuice.breaktru.com/

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Just so you know, I doubt cotton, VG, PG, kanthal, or flavors will be part of the ban. Hardware will most likely be affected, and so will Nicotine. Remember, all those have other uses besides Ecigs. VG, is used for homeopathic balms, PG is used in fog machines and medicine, Kanthal is used in all sorts of heating products,cotton is used to apply makeup, and the flavoring is used to make candies. Those can be bought without necessarily saying ecig. Now, Nicotine might be regulated... but that can also be sidelined and sold as an organic pesticide. buying completed Ejuices might be a problem., same with hardware. But 18650's you shouldn't have a problem with. Atomizers, yes...

just my :2c:

Reactions: Tommy-Chi
Just so you know, I doubt cotton, VG, PG, kanthal, or flavors will be part of the ban. Hardware will most likely be affected, and so will Nicotine. Remember, all those have other uses besides Ecigs. VG, is used for homeopathic balms, PG is used in fog machines and medicine, Kanthal is used in all sorts of heating products,cotton is used to apply makeup, and the flavoring is used to make candies. Those can be bought without necessarily saying ecig. Now, Nicotine might be regulated... but that can also be sidelined and sold as an organic pesticide. buying completed Ejuices might be a problem., same with hardware. But 18650's you shouldn't have a problem with. Atomizers, yes...

just my :2c:

I agree. Might buy another 150W sigelei. I'd never make use of the 200W Sigelei. Rarely go over 55W w 0.3ohm coil. November will be interesting to see what I do. I've got plan, plans, plans... it is going to get interesting.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Maybe. When it was all the rage, I was one of those guys that bought a Chinese SKS in cosmoline and modded it, and also purchased two flats of 7.62x39 steel core. I don't own any guns anymore[...]
Boating accident? ;)

Boating accident? ;)

Hahahaha... No, although I raced many Hobie 16 A Fleet, and crashed them too. I sold them to my brother who is a Chicago Police Officer when I was headed out to Silicon Valley, CA. I sold everything I owned, and bought a 2001 GSX-R750, backpack, tent, and headed for the San Bernardino National Forest, where I camped for six to eight weeks in late fall. I went to all the local colleges with open access and emailed companies in Silicon Valley for employment...landed two jobs.

Was a great time!

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I agree. Might buy another 150W Sigelei. I'd never make use of the 200W Sigelei. Rarely go over 55W w 0.3ohm coil. November will be interesting to see what I do. I've got plan, plans, plans... it is going to get interesting.

Now would be a good time to stock up on Nicotine, flavors from perfumers Apprentice, some good RTAs or RDAs, and mods that use 18650 batteries.

They can't do anything about 18650 batteries because a large number of flashlights use that battery.

They cant do anything about PG and VG.

PG is used in flavor extracts used in cooking.

VG is used in wine production, as a sweetener, in soap products, hand lotion, and as a preservative. I used VG as a preservative of herbal concentrates for 20 years.

Learn how to DIY your own ejuice and wrap and wick your own coils.

You want mods that uss 18650s because the mods with Li-po of Li-on packs will go bye bye.

If an 18650 goes bad toss it and start rocking another.

If you do a little commonsense preparedness you can laugh as I do when the Govt does something STUPID.

Reactions: Rossum

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Now would be a good time to stock up on Nicotine, flavors from perfumers Apprentice, some good RTAs or RDAs, and mods that use 18650 batteries.

They can't do anything about 18650 batteries because a large number of flashlights use that battery.

They cant do anything about PG and VG.

PG is used in flavor extracts used in cooking.

VG is used in wine production, as a sweetener, in soap products, hand lotion, and as a preservative. I used VG as a preservative of herbal concentrates for 20 years.

Learn how to DIY your own ejuice and wrap and wick your own coils.

You want mods that uss 18650s because the mods with Li-po of Li-on packs will go bye bye.

If an 18650 goes bad toss it and start rocking another.

If you do a little commonsense preparedness you can laugh as I do when the Govt does something STUPID.

Without VG the wine producers are in big trouble. I have made wine for 40 years.

VG is essential in the air locks becacause VG will not evaporate from the airlocks, and water will. If the airlock goes dry the mold spores, and wild yeast can get into the must and turn good wine to vinegar.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I'll tell you one thing, btw the safety caps, warning labels, taxation and whatever they throw at the industry, Chicago is going to be hit hard. Democrat Mayor Emmanuel and all the Democrat Alderman just voted for a $775 million dollar tax increase on tax payers, and the taxes are going to hit vape shops hard. They are currently proposing a 25% tax on all e-juice and associated equipment. Cigarettes in Chicago sell for around $13 a _PACK_. This is just the beginning.

That is why VAPERS need to learn how to DIY EJuice and wrap coils and learn how to wick coils in RBAs or RDAs.

Stockpiling nic, flavors, mods that use 18650s. Then we can tell them to think again. I will echo Spock's quote from the end of Star Trek 6. "If I were human; I believe the correct response would be. Go to hell! If I were human."

The Govt cannot easily take VG, PG. Cotton, 18650s etc off the market because those are essential in many other industries.

VG is used as a sweetener, preservative, in soap production, hand lotion. In airlocks for wine producers

PG is used in flavor extracts, read the ingredients on a package of ice cream and most other food items.

Cotton. Is used in clothing, cotton balls or pads to remove makeup, beauty salons to keep hair dye and permanent chemicals off the face.

The 18650 battery has become the go to battery in companies that produce flashlights.

Last edited:

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I'm not so much worried about myself, I can figure out workarounds and I have ECF to help.

I do worry about those that won't have a choice. All those smokers/potential smokers that won't know about vaping

It all depends on the date the FDA to set as the day vape gear will be grandfathered in and the devices made before that date would be legal to be sold in the US I think they are considering 2007 as the grandfather date.

The vape gear in 2007 was not so good. I hope they will choose something like 2012-13.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
The FDA has no real choice. The Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act specifies the 2007 date. So it would take another act of Congress (like H.R. 2058) to change it.

Thanks for the info.

Let's light up the phones to our congress person and two senators to support hr 2058

Tell them yoy vape vote and rememver. Then if it fails get behind someone with their head screwed on right and primary the loser.

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
It all depends on the date the FDA to set as the day vape gear will be grandfathered in and the devices made before that date would be legal to be sold in the US I think they are considering 2007 as the grandfather date.

The vape gear in 2007 was not so good. I hope they will choose something like 2012-13.
Wouldn't that limit available gear to cig-a-likes like those now marketed by Big Tobacco?
I wonder who could support that date?

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Although not as visible to us, the RC and Airsoft communities are widely powered by LiPo batteries, and they are almost (or perhaps just) as available as our precious 18650 batteries. I would feel comfortable marching into the vapocalypse with a LiPo device (and a dog) at my side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread