Do you use blow foam cart filler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riptides

Jan 22, 2010
Near Atlanta
Yes blue foam or even the blue poly (less dense than white poly), what I'm using now, should work much better than the default stuffing that comes in carts currently by default.

Basically you want something that uses the liquids surface tension to keep it trapped in the material and hold it in place inside the cart yet allows it to wick into the atomizer. It doesn't have to be stuffed tight in there, the less dense it is the more juice it holds and the easier it lets it wick.

If you are using the precut foam you could even use a piece to play around with trimming down in order to find the best balance between wicking and hold.

Also it helps to cut a notch in the middle of the end of the foam that will be touching the atomizer wick making it where it cups the atty when you fully insert the cart which helps the wicking action by giving them more surface area when they touch.

Bronty

Jan 16, 2010
Northeast
New to all this. Just got some blue foam and juice and tried loading a couple of carts. I need to fine tune. I think this thread probably answers the questions I had, but just to make sure...

1) The blue foam has got to make contact with the atty, right? It should come up right to the top of the inner cart and even maybe pop out just a tiny bit.

2) So I take it, I do want to stuff the foam, just not too tight.

OK if I ask a couple of side questions, too, and press my luck... a) I know that pure tobacco oil will go right through the skin. Should I care about wearing gloves with the 10%-18% juices I've got? b) does juice stain?

Thanks a million. This site has been a great resource. Been vaping a few days. Starting to love it.

Bronty

Jan 16, 2010
Northeast
Hi from Boston---saw the MA by your name. Thanks for the reply. I think (1) was the problem in the first couple of carts I filled.

1. Yes it needs to touch the atty. cut it off even with the edge of the cart or about 1-2mm inside.

2. Yes

a. I wouldn't worry about it. I've spilled 48mg on my leg with no probs.

b. Some of the real dark juices might stain. I haven't had a problem with that yet.

Trixie

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2009
US
I too prefer the blue foam, and find it to be the best of the various fillers. Just be sure to clean it before use, as it comes with a film that needs to be removed, as well as a smell that is less than enjoyable.

I posted previously that I found the most effective means of cleaning is in the top rack of the dishwasher, running it through a light cycle with no soap, which cleans it completely. Some have found just rinsing well with hot water was sufficient for them, but for those with a high sense of smell and taste the dishwasher is really the only method that completely eliminates all residue and smell. Don't use soap with any method, because the foam seems to hold the taste of the soap, most unpleasant.

Bronty

Jan 16, 2010
Northeast
Got loads of it at Petsmart locally. $10 per bag and what most say is like a year's supply of blue foam. You can find the SKU / item description on the forums here. It's type "U". Made for aquariums, something about filtering----I don't know I don't have any fish.

Hmmm, where is the best place to get this blue foam?

stevelenti

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
I too prefer the blue foam, and find it to be the best of the various fillers. Just be sure to clean it before use, as it comes with a film that needs to be removed, as well as a smell that is less than enjoyable.

I posted previously that I found the most effective means of cleaning is in the top rack of the dishwasher, running it through a light cycle with no soap, which cleans it completely. Some have found just rinsing well with hot water was sufficient for them, but for those with a high sense of smell and taste the dishwasher is really the only method that completely eliminates all residue and smell. Don't use soap with any method, because the foam seems to hold the taste of the soap, most unpleasant.

+1 for the dishwasher method :thumb:

ALC

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
Ohio
Wow, the analog filter works great and holds double the liquid than anything I've tried so far. I also tried it with the paper clip method and doubled my liquid. I've already gone about 20 vapes and still going.

Thanks so much for that tip!!!!!

By the way I'm using a 901 atty and cart on Vapor King standard manual battery.

25 vapes now and still going.

ALC

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
Ohio
I have to make a correction. As I did more refills the amount of hits decreased, so I am going to try to rinse out the material and start over. I have never used this type of filling before, so I do not know how it stands up, but I am begining to think my particular analog filter may be too dense. So I am going to try the blue foam as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread