Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
With most tanks, it's better to refill when you get just below half-full; otherwise, many tanks leak, gurgle, and if there isn't much juice in the tank to keep the wick well-saturated, it can burn the juice, and that tastes HORRIBLE.

With a cartotank, I generally can wait to refill when it gets to about 1/4 full, but with any other bottom-coil tank, I refill when it's at or just below half-full. I wouldn't wipe my .... with a top-coil tank, so I have no idea about those.

Andria

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
With most tanks, it's better to refill when you get just below half-full; otherwise, many tanks leak, gurgle, and if there isn't much juice in the tank to keep the wick well-saturated ...
Andria

Good advice, just like the gas tank on your car ... :thumb:

I wouldn't wipe my .... with a top-coil tank, so I have no idea about those.

Andria

You made me snort out coffee all over a clean white T-shirt ... :mad: :laugh:

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
It depends. I usually have a few devices in rotation. If I am getting ready to get something else out of the vape cabinet or change flavors, I'll vape an atomizer until I'm getting dry hits, wash and put away, or wash and re-wick.

Normally, though, I'll top off everything I'm using that day (except for drippers).

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
The great thing about using pre-punched cartos in a carto tank is you can see where the hole is.I vape until the level of juice falls just above the hole and refill.

With a quality tank with a good seal you can sometimes slide it up the carto a bit to cheat those last few drops but Ive found it easier to just refill.

lol @ Andria Im with you.I wouldnt wipe my .... with any clearotank. :D

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
The great thing about using pre-punched cartos in a carto tank is you can see where the hole is.I vape until the level of juice falls just above the hole and refill.

With a quality tank with a good seal you can sometimes slide it up the carto a bit to cheat those last few drops but Ive found it easier to just refill.

lol @ Andria Im with you.I wouldnt wipe my .... with any clearotank. :D

Heh... you know, it's weird... I used kanger T3S and mini PT II tanks for about the first 2 months I vaped, and yeah they gave me all sorts of problems, but they still managed to vape. But now that I'm used to my Kayfuns and my cartotank, everytime I think of trying one of my old clearos again.. all I can get is dry hits! :-x It's like, they only worked (well, sorta) until I got something better, but now they seem to be begging to hit the trashcan, instead of the back of the drawer! :lol:

Andria

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
I can assure you that this is not a pre-punched carto sitting in a 22ml XL IBTanked. I punched the four holes in this Smok carto myself. The holes are plainly visible.

This carto tank holds about 5ml of juice. I normally vape 2.0 to 2.5 ml a day so when I do a daily refill the tank is about 1/2 full. I can vape the tank down until the juice level is just above the holes. Going lower than that risks dry hits and burning the carto.

ibtanked1.jpg

misu

Nov 16, 2014
B~lo,NY
I have EVOD tanks. I try to refill just before they get empty. Sometimes, when I'm not paying attention (which is probably outside the scope of "sometimes") I'll get a hit of dregs. Which burns. If it's a new tank head, I can refill it without altering the quality of the juice. But, sometimes the wick can pick up a burnt taste and ruin the next tankful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread