The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

do you vape until the tank is empty

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by belecp, Nov 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. belecp

belecp Full Member Verified Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Markham, ON, CA
    Hi All..I ave been vaping for about 12 months. Ten of the months have been with analog look a likes. (snaps from epuffer) For the past 3 months I have used mods and cartomizers etc. Just wondering what vapers do. Vape until the tank is empty or refill at a certain point.

2. defdock

defdock Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Nov 15, 2011
    Dark Forest
    personaly, with my tanks i vape them till near empty - with a protank il vape untill the liquild level is JUST above the wicks.

after 3-4 refills, what ever juice is still in my tank when i go to fill the next time, il dump it and rinse the tank.

3. LMS62

LMS62 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 5, 2014
    Mesa, AZ
    Normally once my tank is roughly 2/3 empty, I will refill/top it off. I usually do this just for piece of mind, so that while I'm in the middle of something, I don't run completely empty. Of course, it could always be just my OCD.....lol.

4. AndriaD

AndriaD Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    With most tanks, it's better to refill when you get just below half-full; otherwise, many tanks leak, gurgle, and if there isn't much juice in the tank to keep the wick well-saturated, it can burn the juice, and that tastes HORRIBLE.

With a cartotank, I generally can wait to refill when it gets to about 1/4 full, but with any other bottom-coil tank, I refill when it's at or just below half-full. I wouldn't wipe my butt with a top-coil tank, so I have no idea about those.

Andria

5. abpigdoc

abpigdoc Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 16, 2014
    Alpharetta, GA USA
    Not a problem vaping the Erlkonigin down to the dregs, and since I went to the Vapor Flask DNA 40, the juice doesn't cook in the tank and get dark. Every day gets better.

6. ethereality

ethereality Full Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Philadelphia
    I have an EVOD Glass tank and the only time I let it get below 1/4 is if I'm out and can't refill. Even then, I'll try to take it easy or not vape at all. The only issues I've ever had with my tanks are when I vape near empty (flooding, scorched juice, etc.).

7. stevegmu

stevegmu Moved On ECF Veteran

Vape until empty at home; when preparing to go out and about I fill up...

8. roosterado

roosterado Super Member ECF Veteran

May 9, 2014
    willmar MN
    Refill my Russian when near empty unless I want to clean tank and rewick,then I vape it empty or pour out a little juice.. Nautilus never below half full same with PT3.

9. WillyZee

WillyZee Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 23, 2013
    Toronto
    I use nano tanks on my Kayfuns ... I vape them empty ... I rewick when I refill.

10. DyNama

DyNama Full Member

Jan 14, 2014
    Ohio
    I vape my Kanger T3S tanks till empty, mostly cuz I'm not paying attention.

11. faeriekitsune

faeriekitsune Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2014
    So. MD
    As long as I'm not having problems with leaking or gurgling, which I usually don't, I vape my PT2 and mPT2's down to the bone. I'm often out and about without a chance to refill. When I can turn the tank upside down and don't see juice pool up in the top, it's empty.

12. rico942

rico942 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2013
    Carlsbad, CA
    Good advice, just like the gas tank on your car ... :thumb:

You made me snort out coffee all over a clean white T-shirt ... :mad: :laugh:

13. Pclarity

Pclarity Super Member Verified Member

Nov 2, 2014
    Fairfax County VA
    I vape my nautis until they get to the .5ml mark ( which is what Aspire recommends btw ). Any lower and its a total pita to unscrew it for a refill.

14. CassiusCloud

CassiusCloud Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 22, 2014
    U.S.
    I am always topping mine off until it's time for rebuild or a new head..

15. K_Tech

K_Tech Slightly mad but harmless Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Eastern Ohio, USA
    It depends. I usually have a few devices in rotation. If I am getting ready to get something else out of the vape cabinet or change flavors, I'll vape an atomizer until I'm getting dry hits, wash and put away, or wash and re-wick.

Normally, though, I'll top off everything I'm using that day (except for drippers).

16. zapped

zapped Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

The great thing about using pre-punched cartos in a carto tank is you can see where the hole is.I vape until the level of juice falls just above the hole and refill.

With a quality tank with a good seal you can sometimes slide it up the carto a bit to cheat those last few drops but Ive found it easier to just refill.

lol @ Andria Im with you.I wouldnt wipe my butt with any clearotank. :D

17. AndriaD

AndriaD Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    Heh... you know, it's weird... I used kanger T3S and mini PT II tanks for about the first 2 months I vaped, and yeah they gave me all sorts of problems, but they still managed to vape. But now that I'm used to my Kayfuns and my cartotank, everytime I think of trying one of my old clearos again.. all I can get is dry hits! :-x It's like, they only worked (well, sorta) until I got something better, but now they seem to be begging to hit the trashcan, instead of the back of the drawer! :lol:

Andria

18. yzer

yzer Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2011
    Northern California
    I can assure you that this is not a pre-punched carto sitting in a 22ml XL IBTanked. I punched the four holes in this Smok carto myself. The holes are plainly visible.

This carto tank holds about 5ml of juice. I normally vape 2.0 to 2.5 ml a day so when I do a daily refill the tank is about 1/2 full. I can vape the tank down until the juice level is just above the holes. Going lower than that risks dry hits and burning the carto.

[​IMG]

19. Runamok3x

Runamok3x Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 11, 2014
    New Paltz, NY, USA
    I normally top off when below 1/2 because of my OCD. After about 3 refills is when I'll experiment with mixing flavors like blackberry and pineapple, and vanilla mixes well with all flavors.

20. misu

misu Full Member

Nov 16, 2014
    B~lo,NY
    I have EVOD tanks. I try to refill just before they get empty. Sometimes, when I'm not paying attention (which is probably outside the scope of "sometimes") I'll get a hit of dregs. Which burns. If it's a new tank head, I can refill it without altering the quality of the juice. But, sometimes the wick can pick up a burnt taste and ruin the next tankful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.