Do you wish more function on your mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crayfishx

Oct 18, 2013
Malaga, Spain
I'd rather manufactures focus on UX and making the existing functionality as easy as possible to use rather than adding 'features' that are just gimicky

As for a clock. it's been done.... my old eVic Primo Mini had a clock.

Original-80W-Joyetech-eVic-Primo-Mini-with-ProCore-Aries-Kit-No-18650-Battery-eVic-Primo-Mini.jpg

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Nope. I don’t even like the stupid blinky lights people are already putting on them. That isn’t functionality. I stopped wearing a watch when I got a smartphone. Yet another clock is unnecessary. What IS necessary is a port more reliable than microUSB2, mods that can safely charge batteries using it, and actual accurate TC and battery monitoring. That’s what is meant by “functional”

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
A modular device would be interesting to see. Maybe all the necessary component parts in one compact primary module, then additional battery modules could be connected. Small, medium and large mah batteries would be made available. A device could be used with just one battery or two, or several. It could be as big or as small as you'd like it to be.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Hi, guys, do you wish more function on your mod? I have idea like a clock on mod, that will be convenient for use.
A clock? It's already been done. You're going to need to get up earlier in the morning for better ideas than that. That is about as worthless as a puff counter.

eleaf-istick-kiya-starter-kit_large.jpg
upload_2018-4-17_14-0-0-jpeg.736697

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
A modular device would be interesting to see. Maybe all the necessary component parts in one compact primary module, then additional battery modules could be connected. Small, medium and large mah batteries would be made available. A device could be used with just one battery or two, or several. It could be as big or as small as you'd like it to be.
This may actually be the future what with the UL certification becoming an issue. Batteries will need some sort of safety enclosure

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
This may actually be the future what with the UL certification becoming an issue. Batteries will need some sort of safety enclosure

I foresee a future where each brand has a different battery pack with a charging dock. Kind of like we see with power tools.

dew-dca2203c.jpg

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
Please no more features that eat the battery but fail to add anything to the vaping experience. No blinking lights, no clocks, no speakers, to be honest I don't really get the puff counter thing. As far as the clock goes it's been done to death, hard to find a mod with out some kind of clock. If you must have a clock take a look at the new Luxe mod from Vaporesso. The clock display has 3 choices, Pointer, Number and Off. Off is my choice. Further on the clock thing, learn from Vaporesso's blunder on the Revenger X. If you remove batteries when it's time to out new batteries in the clock picks some random time when you power back up. You have to pull 1 battery, replace it then move on to the second battery for the clock to retain it's memory. SO I guess my vote on a clock would be No.

If you insist on adding gimmicks allow us to selectively turn those features off in the menu.

A functional easy to use TC program would be nice. Add stealth mode to all mods.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I foresee a future where each brand has a different battery pack with a charging dock. Kind of like we see with power tools.

dew-dca2203c.jpg
I desperately hope to avoid this personally. A common standard would wipe the floor with a proprietary system even if it isn’t as good

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
I desperately hope to avoid this personally. A common standard would wipe the floor with a proprietary system even if it isn’t as good

Imagine the sales though.

Some idiot bought your Smok Mag 42069 and has 3 battery packs for it. When it dies a month later and you released the Smok Mag Big Baby K-Prince that works with those batteries, what is he going to buy?

Reactions: Vaperer

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
The problem is that there will be fakes, mainly encouraged by the presumably higher price of a 2-3 battery pack with a BMS.
On top you'll have legit packs that are "great" in first tests only to be total duds in the next production run (looking at you iJoy. no particular reason).
It's like rewrapping all over again, only worse.
what is he going to buy?
Sebastianbach™ multi battery bluetooth adapter.

Last edited:

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
How about an all in one vape that has cell phone and internet browser function and portable video game access?
How would you talk, browse or play while vaping? I suppose you could make it a two part device so you'd have one part that vapes and the other with a nice screen and the phone/internet/gaming functionality

Reactions: Vaperer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread