Does anyone else save their empty e-liquid bottles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
I'm just curious if anyone else saves their empty e-liquid bottles. I have no use for them, and no particular reason why I save them....I guess I just like them too much to throw the away. I ESPECIALLY like collecting the glass 30mL bottles from the various e-liquid vendors.....
eliquid.jpg

NeXtDimensionVaping

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
I throw mine away, unless I need to remember a certain flavor for re-order.

But mattiem makes a good point. I have purchased new empty e-liquid bottles from the store for the sake of mixing. I suppose I could utilize used e liquid bottles instead and save a dollar or two.

Alas, I am OCD and I would prefer to get a brand new empty bottle instead of rinsing out a used bottle. Wasteful and unnecessary? yes. Does it make a difference? No.

Last edited:

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
They will come in very handy if/when you get into DIY :D

I never throw them away. I just remove the label and clean them.
This. I have about 30 bottles that I kept. They get warshed out and recycled for DIY. I mix & steep in big bottles (100 ml or so) then transfer to smaller bottles for portability.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I'm just curious if anyone else saves their empty e-liquid bottles. I have no use for them, and no particular reason why I save them....I guess I just like them too much to throw the away. I ESPECIALLY like collecting the glass 30mL bottles from the various e-liquid vendors..... View attachment 481984

I actually just fished one out of the wastepaper basket that I threw in yesterday because I found use for it as a better device for very thick vg base liquid compared to my needle bottles.

But in general, if I see too many of one type of bottle racking up, my alarm number is 10:
I figure if there's 10 empty bottles that I haven't figured out a good use for, any more than that should be tossed; that's my method of control.

kaahn

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2015
Eastern NC
Yup. That's why I started DIY. Was spending $50 - $75 a week on juice. Was costing me as much as the analogs.
Same. I still buy some commercially until I can get several good recipes down that will take the place of them. It's a long process for me as I haven't much time to fiddle with DIY :(. But what do they say...slow and steady wins the race! \o/

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I throw mine away, unless I need to remember a certain flavor for re-order.

But mattiem makes a good point. I have purchased new empty e-liquid bottles from the store for the sake of mixing. I suppose I could utilize used e liquid bottles instead and save a dollar or two.

Alas, I am OCD and I would prefer to get a brand new empty bottle instead of rinsing out a used bottle. Wasteful and unnecessary? yes. Does it make a difference? No.

actually one concern of mine is the question of proper cleaning.
sometimes you *think* something is clean then it breaks and if you rub the inside of it with your finger you discover a rough surface when you rub it with your fingers.

Moonlitwish

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2015
Charlotte, NC, USA
If I had known it was going to be necessary to start DIY then I would have saved the glass bottles but I don't trust plastic not to hold on to the flavors they were originally filled with. I bought 4 glass bottles to start out and will probably end up getting a few more since they were not expensive at all. The plastics will all go to my accident prone wife.

kaahn

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2015
Eastern NC
@edyle has a point. New bottles really aren't that expensive and they are clean. When I first got into DIY I purchased 80 60ml bottles with poly caps for about $60 shipped from premium vials. Real nice bottles if I do say so myself. A lot of ejuice company's bottles I've found to be sub par in quality compared to the ones I purchased from them. I'm talking specifically about the caps and the way they screw on. Some don't even tighten all the way down and strip. It's almost like they try to find the cheapest bottle on the planet for their juices.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
actually one concern of mine is the question of proper cleaning.
sometimes you *think* something is clean then it breaks and if you rub the inside of it with your finger you discover a rough surface when you rub it with your fingers.
I have about 5 bottles in circulation. I use low-flavored juice, so I do not clean my bottles at all. PG and VG are much better at keeping bacteria away than water.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
@kaahn Try OSDIY's Blue Raspberry Slushie. Just mix it up @ 20%, give it a good shake, and you're ready to go. It's like 65ish% VG so it's great for max VG mixes. It doesn't really need to steep, but it does get a lil smoother after about 2 days when the nic blends in completely. It's good @ 10%, but I like it strong.

Reactions: kaahn

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
If I had known it was going to be necessary to start DIY then I would have saved the glass bottles but I don't trust plastic not to hold on to the flavors they were originally filled with. I bought 4 glass bottles to start out and will probably end up getting a few more since they were not expensive at all. The plastics will all go to my accident prone wife.
And I prefer plastic (eye-dropper bottles). So easy to use...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread