Does anyone else think vaping prevents colds and flu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2008
Akron OH USA
I've been vaping for over 2 1/2 years now and I have not had one cold or episode of influenza since. This may have been discussed elsewhere, but the forum has grown exponentially since I first joined, that it is a bit difficult to wade through all the info. I think PG and/or VG acts like some kind of disinfectant. What do you all think?

SKYYcamel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2009
Mississippi
Not for me, got one of the worst sinus infections I've had a long time a few weeks ago. But no, technically no cold or flu so far, nothing affecting my lungs or throat.
I've had three wicked sinus infections since I started vaping almost two years ago. But, I attribute those to my bad sinuses, not vaping.

Chasm

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2009
Michigan
Not certain, but yes, I've been wondering the same thing. I've been vaping about 15 months now and haven't had a cold (not even sniffles or a runny nose) in that time. Two xMas's ago I spent most of the holidays in bed with possibly the worst cold I've ever had.

I figure it's either:

a. I'm not smoking anymore, therefore not bathing my lungs in 40 cigs worth of smoke every day, or

b. I am vaping, and therefore bathing my lungs in about 2-3 ml of mildly antibacterial/antiviral PG every day, or

c. both the above.

Last edited:

drum747

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2010
Oregon
There is a study out there from the 50's I believe that showed that PG had anti-bacterial properties. In fact, I believe at one time (in the 50's) they wanted to pump PG into air ducts in public facilities. I was vaping PG for several months and people in my family had 2 or 3 colds and I did not get them. This is a first! Last year I got every single cold! I have just switched to VG so we will see! LOL

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
There is a study out there from the 50's I believe that showed that PG had anti-bacterial properties. In fact, I believe at one time (in the 50's) they wanted to pump PG into air ducts in public facilities. I was vaping PG for several months and people in my family had 2 or 3 colds and I did not get them. This is a first! Last year I got every single cold! I have just switched to VG so we will see! LOL

http://ajph.aphapublications.org/cgi/reprint/36/4/390.pdf

I dug around on Shawn's site (ZeeCigs) and found the link to the study cited in his videos. I'm pretty sure this is the study you're talking about.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Considering that both daughter and hubby are sick and I'm not, I would say yes. Knock on wood, I haven't caught anything as of yet. I think when we all (ECFer's) still smoked, our chances were better at getting sick since our bodies had to fight through all the sludge to get to the virus. Just my opinion (I hope it's correct though).

trouble2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2010
Billings, MT
"germ carriers (kids)"

Walking incubators is what I call them. I work around 300 of them everyday. One of them (or maybe it was more) was so kind as to pass along the latest little bug to me. Believe me, I've been vaping like crazy (good PG percentage) and it didn't help prevent it. It didn't creep down into the lungs like past colds have either. It just stayed in the sinuses and upper throat.

M&M

Jul 23, 2010
California
Many years ago I noticed a decreased amount and duration of illnesses and the biggest difference I attribute it to is washing my hands more often. I have had to fight getting compulsive about it once or twice... hehe:(. But I am careful not to go very long between hand washings especially when around other people (shaking hands, touching things not known to be germ-free, etc.). I always wash them when I get home from the outside world. It has been about 6 years since my last real serious cold/flu and that is about the time I changed my hygienic behavior. Don't get me wrong, I have still gotten a few colds/flus, but they are just so much fewer and less virulent. Just my two cents. I had hoped it would rid me of my sinus/allergy problems, but alas, I am still suffering from that, although it is quite a bit easier to manage now though....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread