Does anyone remember the early 'smokeless' cigarettes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmlessalky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
Imperial, MO
I was just thinking back to when I was a youngster. I used to sign my dad up for all of the cigarette samples (weird that they used to just send them through the mail). I remember a few, one was a cigarette that was supposed to smell good. The other was a smokeless cigarette.

The smokeless cig was very interesting. You actually lit it, but you didn't light the tobacco, you lit a charcoal-like cylinder that then heated up the tobacco surrounding it. It gave off a vapor kind of like a weak -e-cig, but it tasted TERRIBLE, kind of like burnt chocolate chip cookies. You could tear it apart and smoke the tobacco, but it was even worse. I don't think it ever actually made it to market, but it was an interesting precursor to the electronic tools we are all enjoying today.

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
I bought some smokeless cig's about in the mid '80's that were just a cig looking plastic tube that had a moistened nicotine thing in it. When you took a drag it was supposed to "evaporate" the nic and carrier fluid. It didn't work for me. I don't remember what brand or anything, but I didn't use more than about 1/2 a pack of them before I gave up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread