Does e-liquid contain alcohol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schroedinger's cat

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2008
North Carolina, USA
You are right, Kate. Sorry.... For some reason I keep confusing them - at one point I think I read that they were somewhat related.

As for the report, I realize that it was just for one producer, and others may have different ingredients. Although I had not even realized until now that ethanol was systematically in one producer's liquid, I thought that a doctor could still figure out whether those amounts could be a problem for Scrubadub's father.

I am pretty sure that no producer would put more alcohol than that. Ethyl alcohol costs quite a bit (which is way some low-level producer put methanol in wine in Italy several years ago, with disastrous consequences). Besides, if people started getting drunk on e-cigarettes it would be a problem....

scrubadub

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2008
London, UK
I've spoken to pillbox about the alcohol content and I'm convinced it's not an issue with the totally wicked juice so that's all good. My dad is going to take the test report to his doctors just to see what he says before giving them a go.

The nuts thing was a surprise though and a little worrying. I would have thought it would have cropped up on here more often given the amount of discussion about reactions to PG. I'll have to get on to Jason again and see if he has more details about this. Thanks for reminding me Kate!

jimldk

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2008
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
The alcohol found within e-liquids will be quickly denatured because of the heat produced ..it won't have any "carrying" effect like normal alcohol(the one we drink) do..and I think your father will be fine...I gots lots of patients with alcoholic history but none of them ever complained of increased or re-occurence of alcoholism in them since started using the e-cigs...just my 2 cents ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread