Does JUUL absorb nicotine to the body better or is Cigarettes simply does it better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
I'm not sure what you mean by the colors being wrong? Your follow up posts have good info, and seem like they pretty much support what's presented in the chart. I wouldn't accept as fact any marketing from a company, or anti-vaping group, but...

This chart comes from a lawsuit against PAX Labs. It is very similar to the documents I found in PAX patent submission documents. I was interested in diy'ing for pods, and spent the better part of a weekend a couple of weeks ago reading about various acids and their efficacy in improving delivery of nicotine to the bloodstream. The info I found supports the info in the chart in terms of order, if not actual numbers. While the charts may not be precise, and the delta's between them could be exaggerated, they definitely reflect my experience, and I believe the order of efficiency of 1) benzoic salts, 2) cigarette, and 3) freebase are at least representative of reality.

I know how quickly & strongly I feel nicotine from cigarettes, and that Juul feels even slightly more effective. I know that at 14, 18, 20, and even 25mg of freebase ejuice, it seems impossible even with chain vaping to come anywhere near that effect. I've experimented with 25mg nic salt in my diy juice, and found that it's exponentially more quick and powerful than the equivalent of freebase.

No agenda here, just presenting what I've found, and my amateur conclusions.

Yes I agree wholeheartedly with this. There is too much anecdotal evidence for juul giving a fast hit, rush or whatever and of course we all no how fast the nic from a cigarette is.

I am experimenting too. I have 250g of benzoic acid awaiting use for DIY salts manufacture. I'm waiting for a pod I won recently to see if I can recreate closely the juul experience.

How did your DIY go? Have you made some salts also?

Reactions: Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Yes I agree wholeheartedly with this. There is too much anecdotal evidence for juul giving a fast hit, rush or whatever and of course we all no how fast the nic from a cigarette is.

I am experimenting too. I have 250g of benzoic acid awaiting use for DIY salts manufacture. I'm waiting for a pod I won recently to see if I can recreate closely the juul experience.

How did your DIY go? Have you made some salts also?
Actually, kind of disappointing. I usually use 14-15mg. I absolutely have to have throat hit. So I ordered the "hit" nic salts. First batch, I tried 25mg, and it's still just way too smooth, no TH really. So I guess I'll have to experiment with combinations of freebase for TH, and added salts for a juice to use during my mid-afternoon, after dinner times when I want to reduce the chain vaping. But using just salts alone aren't going to cut it for me.

I'm going to mix a new batch today...thinking 14mg fb, and added 10mg of salts, or something along those lines.

Where did you get your nic?

Reactions: Mobc1990

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
@Brewdawg1181 I've got 2.5 litres of freebase in the freezer and i've found a recipe for nic salts using benzoic acid solution. My freebase came from LNW and Bunkerbase. I'm wondering if it's going to be a disappointment also.

I plan to make a 36mg/ml nic salts for exclusive use at low wattage in a pod device and see if I can recreate the juul thing. We shall see :)

• Optimistic
Reactions: Mobc1990

dansus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2016
    London
    This chart comes from a lawsuit against PAX Labs. It is very similar to the documents I found in PAX patent submission documents.
    I had a look at the original again, and yes you are correct. Last time read up on Juuls patent, the image wasnt very sharp and i got my symbols mixed up.

Juul_benzoate.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread