Does nicotine only cause problems long term?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bean Stocker

Dec 24, 2019
I had a mole removed which im not concerned about it healing, just the scar part that concerns me bc I know nicotine doesnt do good with scars.

Anyways...

I havent vaped nicotine in 2 weeks and originally vaped 30mg nic salts, but im losing my mind and im about to cave.

Do you guys think if i just vaped 1 day, that it wouldnt slow down my healing process?

So basically 2 weeks no nic, then 1 day vape nic, then 2 weeks off again?

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
You are asking a bunch of people that you do not know a question about the "healing process"? If I told you, "ahh, what the heck, give it a try" would you give it a try? If the answer is, "Yes" then have at it.

I had a mole removed which im not concerned about it healing, just the scar part that concerns me bc I know nicotine doesnt do good with scars.

Anyways...

I havent vaped nicotine in 2 weeks and originally vaped 30mg nic salts, but im losing my mind and im about to cave.

Do you guys think if i just vaped 1 day, that it wouldnt slow down my healing process?

Bean Stocker

Dec 24, 2019
You are asking a bunch of people that you do not know a question about the "healing process"? If I told you, "ahh, what the heck, give it a try" would you give it a try? If the answer is, "Yes" then have at it.

Thanks, i was really wondering if it was more of a long term thing with nicotine or if once in a while wasnt a bad thing for nicotone, mainly.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
It's generally believed that nicotine has some negative effect on healing. Getting down to this level of detail, 2 weeks after that particular surgery, not vaped for 2 weeks, would vaping for one day make a difference, I doubt anyone in the world would know the answer.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca

Anyways...

I'm not a doctor but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night. I'm not qualified to give medical advice and neither are most of the people on this website. Medical questions should be directed to medical professionals. THIS IS NOT MEDICAL ADVICE.
I smoked 2 packs a day of full flavor menthols before I quit with vaping. I never stopped at anytime for any reason. If you're old enough to vape you're old enough to make your own decisions about your life.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I spent some quality time researching nicotine when I started vaping. Nic has been studied a lot for a long time. My perception is, by itself, it's about the same risk as caffine.

I also looked in to PG, VG, and flavorings. Back then, 5 years ago, the anti's were trying to scare us about flavoring so I went to DIY and learned to use just 1% flavoring and enjoy it. The research on inhalation of PG and VG was reassuring enough for me. There is no such thing as zero risk, only lower risk. If the alternative is smoking then vaping in reasonable ranges is probably harmless for practical purposes.

Bean Stocker

Dec 24, 2019
I spent some quality time researching nicotine when I started vaping. Nic has been studied a lot for a long time. My perception is, by itself, it's about the same risk as caffine.

I also looked in to PG, VG, and flavorings. Back then, 5 years ago, the anti's were trying to scare us about flavoring so I went to DIY and learned to use just 1% flavoring and enjoy it. The research on inhalation of PG and VG was reassuring enough for me. There is no such thing as zero risk, only lower risk. If the alternative is smoking then vaping in reasonable ranges is probably harmless for practical purposes.

Ya, i still dont know what to think with the flavorings, so ive sucked it up and got used to the flavorless pg and vg with the nicotine, haha.

Ya, i was thinking the same in regards to nicotine and caffeine. I guess moderation is key to everything.

Id like to think once every 2 weeks of low nicotine vaping cant do much harm for the healing process for the next 10 weeks, hopefuly at least...lol

Was trying for 3 months no nicotine for minimal scarring and I just dont think I can do no nic for that long without a 1 day session every 2 weeks for the next 12 weeks.

Thanks, bud.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Ya, i still dont know what to think with the flavorings, so ive sucked it up and got used to the flavorless pg and vg with the nicotine, haha.

Ya, i was thinking the same in regards to nicotine and caffeine. I guess moderation is key to everything.

Id like to think once every 2 weeks of low nicotine vaping cant do much harm for the healing process for the next 10 weeks, hopefuly at least...lol

Was trying for 3 months no nicotine for minimal scarring and I just dont think I can do no nic for that long without a 1 day session every 2 weeks for the next 12 weeks.

Thanks, bud.
You do understand flavoring is PG right? There is also some flavoring that is VG.

Jwaterski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
OKC, OK
How long did you smoke, how long have you vaped? Not a doc, and have no idea how nic is going to affect your healing, but most docs will tell you the longer you smoked, even if you stop, damage has already been done. You're not going to reverse that. If you can quit both, that would be best, if not, I believe vaping is better than smoking, time will tell.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
Personally, I, highly doubt that there exists even a single shred of evidence to show that vaping (that is, without smoking...) a normal dose of nicotine has caused significantly more severe or uglier-looking scars after a wound to the skin heals, or that it slows the healing process of a wound to the skin.

That said, I have treated my own scars with doTERRA copaiba oil, which is an essential oil that can be used not only for aroma-therapy, but also for some other forms of treatment, one of which is to apply it onto the skin in small dosages after diluting it first, whilst taking care to avoid some specific areas of the body, like, don't rub it onto your ears, and also avoid rubbing it onto the actual scar tissue itself. Because, if you rub it around the scar instead, then the scar will fade in a nice and evenly fashion so, then, during the healing process, the scar won't start to look a bit weird until it finally will have faded. (Don't use this oil for vaping... don't vape any oils.)

I remember I was skeptical when I bought this copaiba oil. I use it internally because it also helps against inflammation and it greatly helps to relieve the stress, the fatigue, and the discomfort, similar to how CBD also can help against that, but I soon found that expensive strong quality CBD was less potent, less effective for me when compared to this copaiba oil. I didn't try this copaiba oil onto my skin until some time after I found that out, but once again this copaiba oil worked because it healed up my scars I got from leaving a rash on my skin go untreated for a month or two.

Copaiba Oil | dōTERRA Essential Oils

Copaiba Oil | dōTERRA Essential Oils

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Something I have never understood:

The medical community would have us believe that nicotine actually promotes the growth of new blood vessels (for example in tumors), yet that the same time it supposedly slows healing of wounds.

I surely would like an explanation how both of these things can be true.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I'm not a doctor but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night. I'm not qualified to give medical advice and neither are most of the people on this website. Medical questions should be directed to medical professionals. THIS IS NOT MEDICAL ADVICE.
I smoked 2 packs a day of full flavor menthols before I quit with vaping. I never stopped at anytime for any reason. If you're old enough to vape you're old enough to make your own decisions about your life.
I didn't bother reading beyond this point in the thread... I'm done... try to help people like you, just not worth the effort...
maybe my hemorrhoids are caused by vaping (because I'm vaping up my ars) sorry folks... I am so done... tried so many times before and just a waste of time (don't forget the "rubber teeth" guy) Can't help you OP... we don't need this BS!

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Something I have never understood:

The medical community would have us believe that nicotine actually promotes the growth of new blood vessels (for example in tumors), yet that the same time it supposedly slows healing of wounds.

I surely would like an explanation how both of these things can be true.
It depends on if it's gro-nic or nic-stop.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
BTW, if you actually vape to get of cigs, then bless you... wish all the best actually, but seems like so may come on here and post things like "I'm vaping 50 MG so I can get the super "buzz". I want to help, but more often than not, I end up regretting it. I just recovered from surgery... doing fine so quit trippin ;) Peace on. Vape On!

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
BTW, if you actually vape to get of cigs, then bless you... wish all the best actually, but seems like so may come on here and post things like "I'm vaping 50 MG so I can get the super "buzz". I want to help, but more often than not, I end up regretting it. I just recovered from surgery... doing fine so quit trippin ;) Peace on. Vape On!
The new ones wanting to get a super buzz are not so hard to spot and take care of so I don't usually waste time with them. The older ones who tell me to go shopping to learn what's out there are especially more fun, seeing as I'm the guy who has spent a total of more than 50,000 Euros (yes real ones...) on my vaping hobby during the past three years so, my brain comes at it from different directions.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013

Anyways...

NOW GO AND ASK TOBACCO SMOKERS IF NICOTINE ONLY CAUSES PROBLEMS IN THE LONG TERM !!!!!!!.

WHY ASK THE VAPING COMMUNITY ?.

• Disagree
Reactions: Bean Stocker

Bean Stocker

Dec 24, 2019
I didn't bother reading beyond this point in the thread... I'm done... try to help people like you, just not worth the effort...
maybe my hemorrhoids are caused by vaping (because I'm vaping up my ars) sorry folks... I am so done... tried so many times before and just a waste of time (don't forget the "rubber teeth" guy) Can't help you OP... we don't need this BS!

Thanks for your time, merry christmas

Bean Stocker

Dec 24, 2019
How long did you smoke, how long have you vaped? Not a doc, and have no idea how nic is going to affect your healing, but most docs will tell you the longer you smoked, even if you stop, damage has already been done. You're not going to reverse that. If you can quit both, that would be best, if not, I believe vaping is better than smoking, time will tell.

I used to smoke cigs for 8 year, 1 pack menthol per day. Then i started vaping for last year.

Reactions: DeloresRose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread