Does such a mod exist?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VlKlNGS

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2019
Well like I said above @gpjoe

2.2 Granted that one is single battery BUT if a mod where to fullfil my requirements, but it was single battery, but that battery could be a 20700 or better yet a 21700 and that was enough for the wattage and voltage requirements then I'd be ok with a single battery mod too! It's not something I am gonna vape on for extended periods of time, so if the w and v reqs are met and the battery life is enough for at least 100 puffs or so then so be it.

Indeed @jayclintonellis I know the Rebel and that one isn't for me eighter. :(

Thank you @ScottP I'll take a good look at it, though I can't promise I'll go through all 250 pages, loool. :p
I've already went through about 100 pages of google, youtube and aliexpress combined, I'm starting to get double vision...:cry:

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Well like I said above @gpjoe

2.2 Granted that one is single battery BUT if a mod where to fullfil my requirements, but it was single battery, but that battery could be a 20700 or better yet a 21700 and that was enough for the wattage and voltage requirements then I'd be ok with a single battery mod too! It's not something I am gonna vape on for extended periods of time, so if the w and v reqs are met and the battery life is enough for at least 100 puffs or so then so be it.
That mod doesn't exist either. Pretty sure I read "200 watts or more", and I am not aware of a single-battery regulated mod that is capable.

• Agree
Reactions: Skeebo

VlKlNGS

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2019
Sigh, sigh, sigh... Yeah I figured that was the case @gpjoe which is why I put that "but" in bold and caps. And you are indeed correct, you read 200w or more because I was talking about what would be ideal, a dual battery mod that can do that.
However in that 2.1 case that you quoted, I suppose I'd be ok with that mod being, 150w-ish?
I don't know, you tell me, would a 150w-ish single battery mod(assuming that exists) be enough to fire, let's say... a 30mm rda with 4 coils in it?

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Single cell mods are good to about 50W for any kind of decent battery life, anything past that shortens run time considerably. Also, there are no single cell 150W mods out there.

The only semi decent built squonker that would hold a 30mm RSA like the Aromamizer Glaz and fire 4 coils would be a Lost Vape Drone DNA 250C.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
As mentioned there is no such thing as a single battery mod that can fire 150 watts. 100 watts MAX and that would be for a 21700 battery that is able to deliver 35 amps CDR – run time (battery life) would be horrible.

Even a dual cell device running at 200 watts would not give you much battery life. Firing at this level you are pushing the limits of the majority of devices out there. This not only stresses the device, but also stresses the batteries used. Not to mention, depending the setup you may not even be able to obtain 200 watts despite what the specification state for said device. A 200 watts device will have its limitations in both voltage and current delivery.

Outside trying to find that magical unicorn that would work with a 30mm 4 coil RDA, what is your objective? What are you trying to achieve with 4 coils?

VlKlNGS

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2019
Then we're back to it having to be dual battery so that I don't end up having to get another mod if later on down the line I decide to pick up a bigger rda...

LE: Other then picking up a device that I actually like the look and feel of @Punk In Drublic what I wrote before the "LE" for @TrollDragon , that is my objective!
Like I said in the first post I am fully aware that a 90w device like the vandy pulse x will be enough for the Dead Rabbit rda I plan to start with(unless you guys tell me different, then I'm completely **cked up) but I need to future proof myself a bit too!..

Last edited:

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Well, bigger clouds would be the first thing that comes to mind.

You are limited by the capacity of your lungs. A dual coil setup in a 24mm RDA with high VG juice will give you enough clouds to keep the local weather man happy. A 24mm mesh RDA will achieve the same. Both cases can be run at much lower wattages allowing you a greater choice of mods.

VlKlNGS

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2019
You are limited by the capacity of your lungs.

Not sure how accurate that is, but regardless, look mate... As I've said in the begining this is my first dip of the toe in the rda realm, there are reasons that I'm not even aware of why I would want to go bigger.
All I know is I'm gonna discover them as I go, and I'm afraid I'm not gonna discover them 2-3 years down the line when things have moved on quite a bit and buying new devices would make sense.
No! I'm afraid I'm gonna discover them a couple of months from now and when that happens if I just have to spend another 30-ish bucks on a new rda, ok, I can live with that; but if I then have to spend another 100$ or more on a new mod too.. I'm gonna be kicking myself! :( Understand?

I'm not defeated yet, I still have a couple days of searching left in me, if nothing turns up... we'll see..

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Like I said in the first post I am fully aware that a 90w device like the vandy pulse x will be enough for the Dead Rabbit rda I plan to start with(unless you guys tell me different, then I'm completely **cked up) but I need to future proof myself a bit too!..
The Pulse X is another single cell squonker with a decent battery life in the 50W+/- zone... I run my DNA 75's under TC and in the 50W-55W range with tons of flavor, good vapor production and a very serviceable battey life.

Really hard to "future proof" your purchases as the gear changes so quickly. There could be a 3 cell squonker released to the market in 6 or 8 months time that would tick ever box. You could wait and see or pick up something now and get on with sqonking.

If you feel you are going to require running your RDA in the 75W+ range like you would with most dual coil builds, a single cell device is really not ideal.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Can you expand on that please @Skeebo ?

Well yeah @TrollDragon , gonna purchase the Dead Rabbit rda with whatever mod I end up going with and that's a dual coil rda, at least that's how I'm gonna run it, suppose you could run it single coil too. You see my predicament?

I thought your objective was to use a 30mm 4 coil RDA?

So what type of coils do you plan to use within the Dead Rabbit?

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Well yeah @TrollDragon , gonna purchase the Dead Rabbit rda with whatever mod I end up going with and that's a dual coil rda, at least that's how I'm gonna run it, suppose you could run it single coil too. You see my predicament?

I see your predicament, and have been down that road.

That is why I have a LV Drone for dual coil RDAs. ;)
Kali.jpg

• Useful
Reactions: Opinionated

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014

If your goal is bigger clouds, a sub 200 watt box can achieve this easily. There's a lot unknown here, but I do think it's becoming a bit more clear. You didn't make it easy. That's okay though.

I've got 200 and 300 watt devices, and there's a reason I also have 75 and 85 watt devices-- my builds and the 60-75 watt range I vape at produces huge, dense clouds. It's a combination of airflow, power, coil build, wicking..... and with a good quality atomizer you can even get great flavor. In regards to the device, I am not suggesting you purchase a sub 200 watt mod, just know there is a good chance you won't ever need more than 100 watts.

I am glad you mentioned the dead rabbit rda, because you can do better than that. At the same price point even. There are a lot of good 24mm dual coil rda(s) that can give you exactly what you are looking for.

Also, it's a little hazy... but you do know you can use an rda without a squonk, right?

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca

Why the Dead Rabbit when just about every RDA on the market is much better?

VlKlNGS

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2019
Ok guys, a couple of things to clarify here:

1. The Dead Rabbitus is a done deal, love the way it looks, seems easy enough to build so should be good for starting the rebuildable journey on, and all the reviewers say it's good in pretty much every category, flavor, cloud production, leak proof, etc.
Are there better 24mm ones out there? I'm sure of it! And I might be very glad to discover them later down the line, maybe with some more help from you lovely gents. ;) We'll see, but for now rabbits ahoy!:D

2. On the whole vapor production side, yes, I am quite fuzzy there, and I know there are a lot of other factors(coil, wicking, etc.) that I will have to learn/deal it. If what you say about watts, devices and clouds is true @Skeebo I'd be very interested in learning more about it.
But even so, cmon guys, let's get real for a second here, are you seriously telling me you can get the same kind of clouds from a 24mm at low wattages as you could get from a BEAST like this?!?(go to min 17:06 in the video)
NOT SAYING that I'm ever gonna want to go for something that crazy!!! well.. maybe...:wub: looooooool, #crazy, heck I don't know, but just as an example.

3. I'm just new and uninformed Skeebo, not stupid, of course I know you can drip them too, it's right there in the name D for drip, S for squonk(no worries, you didn't offend me, just saying). But it's just not for me.

4. Nice devices @TrollDragon , too bad they aren't my style.

5. First off @Punk In Drublic I think this might be a good moment(maybe way overdue) to mention that I have totally zero interest in building my own coils! That part of rda-ing has no appeal to me, at least for now. So I give you below pics with the coils I am gonna purchase first along with the rabbitus and maybe a mod, this life time?
I have no idea what wattages they need or which one I am gonna start with(that is gonna be a different topic I'm gonna open once I pick a device where I have a couple more questions, so let's not cannibalize this one please, I would more then love your help on the other one once I make it) but do you think if, for lack of better choices, I end up going for the 90w vandy vape mod(that apparently can be boosted to 100w) that will be good enough to run these coils?

5.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg

Reactions: TrollDragon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread