Does Tasty Vapor Make Liquid That Tastes like a cigarette

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalekona

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2010
Washington State
Thanks for that. I'm going to print it for my wife to read.

I started vaping on Jan 12th and got freed from analogs on Jan 29th. I'm trying to convince my wife to give it a try but she keeps coming back with "find something that tastes like a marlboro". I explain to her how I've been smoking menthol analogs for forty years and now menthol is one of my least favorite vapes. I made her a few cartos of Caramel Apple and she seemed a little receptive, at least admitted that it had a good flavor.

This should help my case.

That is my husband to a tee- "i just want tobacco flavor" got him 555 and he hated it. When I asked what he wanted it was "Marlboro" I've tried to give him espresso and coffee and he vapes them but not enthusiastically. Maybe he just isn't ready to quit and is humoring me. (he is still smoking analogs but he doesn't vape as much as I wish he would- if he did I know he would quit no problem.)

I didn't even like the smell of the pre-filled tobacco carts- I did find I really liked RY4 but as a noob I didn't even know it was a tobacco flavor, the first to bottles I got all I tasted was caramel and vanilla.

Data4

ECF Veteran
May 11, 2009
Tacoma, WA
My journey to vaping was rather interesting. I'd read about electronic cigarettes on another forum I used to visit and it was a passing curiosity then. A couple months later, I was out in the smoking area at work on a break, and I overheard a couple of guys talking about a place in the mall that sells electronic cigarettes. One mentioned he tried it and said that it tasted different but felt like a real cigarette. My guess is he meant the throat hit and nicotine effects.

So, curious as I was, I went to the mall and tried it myself. It was a Smoking Everywhere kiosk. I was blown away, as yes, it DID feel like a real cigarette, and yes, I DID feel the nicotine effects. I bought one immediately. Paid around $150 for it. Yeah, yeah, I know what you're thinking, and this was before I discovered the ECF.

Anyway, I waffled a few times with analogs, primarily due to running out of carts and the ridiculously short battery life, couple with the ridiculously long charge time. Once I switched over to a DSE901 with extra batteries and fluid to refill and drip, I dumped the analogs instantly.

I'm now a proud owner of a Chuck and have been 100% analog free since June of last year. I've found that my preference is for tobacco flavors, but not because they remind me of a lit cigarette. I, too, like the smell of a freshly opened pack of unlit smokes, and even when I did smoke, I liked sucking on an unlit cigarette a few times before firing it up. TW tobacco closely mimics the taste, and it's something I just prefer. It goes great with coffee and beer, which were the two things that I simply could not fully enjoy without a smoke. I do like other flavors and it's a blessing that we as vapers have such a wide variety to choose from.

Anyway, Geoff, yeah, I get what you're saying completely, and every time one of the smokers at work comes back from break, my nose is instantly reminded of why I'll never go back to lighting one up again.

Last edited:

Raven1

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2009
Akron, OH USA
I disagree also. Not every body likes sweets. I had a plant that smelled like peanut butter,and although I like peanut butter, I did not like the smell of it . If tobacco flavours are made not to imitate the original smokes, and a person like the new flavors, how is that going to tempt the vapers into smoking analogs? As a smoker, I never liked Camels, but I do like the Camel flavor from Vapables. It would not tempt me to buy analog Camels.

I have to disagree as well. I don't plan on going back to smoking a three-qtr pack of analogues a day at all. In fact I CAN'T because I have COPD. I was looking for something that was as close to tasting like real tobacco as I could get. I don't want to inhale tiramasu, cotton candy or banana split flavours. If I wanted that, I wouldn't have started smoking cigarettes in the first place.

No. And we would never encourage anybody in this direction. As a 29 year smoker who has felt the health impacts of having smoked, and smoked for too damned long, I understand that this new solution to a very old problem is only as effective by trying to take the experience as FAR AWAY from the old problem as possible, while still being able to mimic some of the things I loved about the old problem. Kind of tricky psychology in that.

Tasty Vapor thought that offering something that was a COMPLETE departure from cigarette smoke, an altogether different and more pleasant and savory experience, rather than an acrid, stanky and deadly experience. So we concentrated more on flavor than trying to approximate someone's previous smoking experience.

One of the primary components in the success of moving away from cigarettes and over to the electronic cigarette side, is the ability to offer something that aids in changing one's associations with the acts of smoking.

While e-cigs replicate the look and feel of smoking to a large degree, we also feel that helping to change the associations with the act, taste and effect are largely key in helping someone stick with an e-cig.

Example, taking a 5 minute drag session with an anlog, seeing and smelling your little puffs of smoke, making your breath, hair and clothes stink vs. using your e-cig, whenever you damned well feel like it, where ever you feel like it, taking puffs that taste like a pastry, candy or a favorite beverage, no stench, no offensive odor.....All of these attributes aid in completely changing the association with the act. Hell, with using our liquids, people have even been asked if they were baking something. I think that speaks volumes about what we're trying to do here.

But there are few who try and drag it back and try and make the new experience as much like their old experience as possible. We sadly believe these are the types that are likely to chuck their e-cig in the trash and just go back to the analogs. It's simple psychology, if you're trying to make the e-cig taste like a cig, simply put, you weren't ready to make a switch and aren't likely to have a huge success with this new product.

You'll need to be ready and willing to change your associations from the old act for the new act to have any positive impact.

Thats a great point you make and I totally agree with it. When I smoked I was not in it for the flavor at all and I never thought of cigarettes in a conniseur type of way, Vaping has brought in that type of aspect to it and Cigarette flavor is not anything I want to associate with. I have tried some of the tobbaco Ejuice flavors but even they don't remind me of a real cigarette at all.

When I first got your juice and vaped it I thought it was a big mistake. I thought it was just too sweet and the bananas foster had a funk taste I almost didnt try again. Anyway I decided to give them another shot, I dont know what happened but every vape just kept getting better and better. I gotta say now it's the most delicious vape I've ever had and all 3 flavors I've tried Butterfinger,Cafe Mocha and Banannas foster are the most addicting,cant get enough of E-juice I've ever had so far. The new flavors I ordered I'm sure will be just as good and I really dying for them to arrive.

Keep up the great work I'll be a customer for a long time.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
My journey to vaping was rather interesting. I'd read about electronic cigarettes on another forum I used to visit and it was a passing curiosity then. A couple months later, I was out in the smoking area at work on a break, and I overheard a couple of guys talking about a place in the mall that sells electronic cigarettes. One mentioned he tried it and said that it tasted different but felt like a real cigarette. My guess is he meant the throat hit and nicotine effects.

So, curious as I was, I went to the mall and tried it myself. It was a Smoking Everywhere kiosk. I was blown away, as yes, it DID feel like a real cigarette, and yes, I DID feel the nicotine effects. I bought one immediately. Paid around $150 for it. Yeah, yeah, I know what you're thinking, and this was before I discovered the ECF.

Anyway, I waffled a few times with analogs, primarily due to running out of carts and the ridiculously short battery life, couple with the ridiculously long charge time. Once I switched over to a DSE901 with extra batteries and fluid to refill and drip, I dumped the analogs instantly.

I'm now a proud owner of a Chuck and have been 100% analog free since June of last year. I've found that my preference is for tobacco flavors, but not because they remind me of a lit cigarette. I, too, like the smell of a freshly opened pack of unlit smokes, and even when I did smoke, I liked sucking on an unlit cigarette a few times before firing it up. TW tobacco closely mimics the taste, and it's something I just prefer. It goes great with coffee and beer, which were the two things that I simply could not fully enjoy without a smoke. I do like other flavors and it's a blessing that we as vapers have such a wide variety to choose from.

Anyway, Geoff, yeah, I get what you're saying completely, and every time one of the smokers at work comes back from break, my nose is instantly reminded of why I'll never go back to lighting one up again.

Good post. The reek of a freshly smoked smoker really motivates me to stay away from those things too, although I still do pinch a real cig in here and there. But... i think i've finally crossed over... i prefer vaping on all levels now. I think my current pack of analogs will be my last pack of analogs.

crashinbrn

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
south-east Texas
CRASHINBRN.NET
after my little discovery here i am a little ...... off at the flavor makers. or should i say i am ...... off at the way they describe their flavors. i have been looking for a tobacco flavor, out of all the different places i have looked at, not one of them stated that the flavor i was looking at was supposed to simulate a burning cigarette. and i believe it borders on FALSE advertising. for instance one description said 'tobacco blend with nutty undertones' . my thought to this point is rather nice tobacco flavor +nuts, hmmmm, doesnt sound bad. but i get it here and it's not all that good, and it doesn't taste like tobacco either. i think the description should say, 'burning tobacco blend' then i could expect it to smell/taste the way it does.

again thank you Geoff for doing it the way you do. i haven't received my tobacco from you yet, but after the butter rum....it should be fantastic.

Last edited:

J_Data

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Tucson, Arizona
jasonpitts.com
I agree, I cannot stand the taste or smell of an analog now or most tobacco liquids, but I really enjoy a cigar liquid now and again. Something about the cigar liquid is satisfying in small amounts. I keep a small 24mg bottle of it at work along with a dedicated tobacco atty, for when I get really stressed out. 4 out of 5 days of the week I don't touch it, but when its deadline time I use it along with my second "POT" of coffee and i'm all the more productive.

The bulk of the time I am on 6 mg tasty flavored juice.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
after my little discovery here i am a little ...... off at the flavor makers. or should i say i am ...... off at the way they describe their flavors. i have been looking for a tobacco flavor, out of all the different places i have looked at, not one of them stated that the flavor i was looking at was supposed to simulate a burning cigarette. and i believe it borders on FALSE advertising. for instance one description said 'tobacco blend with nutty undertones' . my thought to this point is rather nice tobacco flavor +nuts, hmmmm, doesnt sound bad. but i get it here and it's not all that good, and it doesn't taste like tobacco either. i think the description should say, 'burning tobacco blend' then i could expect it to smell/taste the way it does.

again thank you Geoff for doing it the way you do. i haven't received my tobacco from you yet, but after the butter rum....it should be fantastic.

Well, I can honestly say, that we have gone out of our way to describe, on numerous threads, numerous Live Help sessions and on our supplier forum that our tobacco tastes more likely, the way tobacco SHOULD have been tasted. In the natural form.

When you smell tobacco, it has almost a dried fruit, or fruity, almost a dried prune sort of smell. You get an extreme version of this smell opening a package of Beechnut.

Ours smells the SAME (but not so extreme as Beechnut). But the thing is, you get almost the same flavor on draw-in and exhale, as when you smell the liquid pre-vape.

I VERY much enjoy the smell of cured tobacco and very much so with the blend of Virginia/Oriental/Burley that we use for our tobacco.

It would be tragic if that smell/taste were lost due to some combustion. Turning into acrid and potentially deadly "cigarette smoke". Our tobacconist may not agree with what we do. But they are certainly making money off of what it's NOT doing to their (third party) clients.

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
Well, one has to broaden their horizon in juice flavorings to have a preferred liquid, and I, knowing about addictions, substance abuse, and almost considered work in this area CAN attest to the fact, from that field and first hand experience, many people ARE looking for something that tastes like their former habit because they are indeed not really ready to quit or try something else.

And there is a DIRECT correlation between someone not finding that this e-cig tastes exactly their former habit, finding this fault, that fault with the act, I can educate you to the fact that yes, this is a classic case of "not ready to quit" and will likely return to their former habit.

Someone who IS measuring the e-cig against an analog for critique is clearly someone who still views a cigarette as a superior product to be contended with. I don't see someone who does this as someone who is likely to stick with an electronic.

I would agree IF the objective is to quit. Quit the habit altogether. The oral aspects, rituals, inhaling, throat hit, the nicotine adiction, everything. But that's not what the great majority of us have any intention of doing right? I don't feel that if someone lost their vape, batteries, whatever and picked up an analog that it would have made any difference if they had been vaping flavors other than burning tobacco or not. Those that had stayed away from burning tobacco flavors might find the taste of an analog more distasteful than those who hadn't but I don't think that would be a significant factor in their picking one up or not. I believe it's more that other flavors enhance the experience/habit rather than that people are doing it *for* the flavors. The flavors are ancillary. burning tobacco flavor or otherwise.

Side note. I for one would love to find some fairly strong flavor that is totally non-sweet. When I was young I started with bourbon, a few years later it became too sweet and I switched to cognac for a number of years. I finally settled on scotch for the last 20 years or so. That kind of describes the taste I'm looking for on the sweetness scale.

Last edited:

grimmer255

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
somewhere out there......
honestly having something that taste like a traditional cigarette is not the way to go and I agree this. The brain is a tricky thing especially when it comes to addictions. Even a simple smell can trigger the problem. Still to this day when I go and get gas I look behind the counter and look at the camel turkish gold and for a split second I want a pack. I've been vaping since April 4th 2009 and I still have this issue. But since vaping I have not had a cigarette. I think what helps is using flavors that taste good to prevent the want to taste something that resemble a bad oder of ... in a can.

Brandnew vper

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2010
BATAVIA, NY
Agreed with thread starter. At first i was looking for a burning cig taste. I wasnt ready to quite. I actually bought a 401 kit online so i could smoke in the house and not burn stuff or fall asleep with a burning cig. Its just to damn cold out. But after my quest for that nasty taste of analog i settled for TV. Which is more what i was looking for then i thought. It doesnt taste like burning Like beachnut yes. But the exhale does have an analog esq feel. Its good really good. Very satisfying. But not everyone uses e cigs to quit. So they want the same thing you know? I quit about a week or so of picking up my first PV. I personally think TV's tabacco taste way better then an analog but has similarities. It is awesome. I only vape tabacco. Just cause fruity sweet flavors dont satisfy me. I wanted a smokey unsweet taste. Not nasty burning but similar. I know i couldnt accomplish it but i wanted to get close. And in the midst of it all i ended up quiting analogs. Not by choice it just happened. I dont like the smell or taste of analogs and dont ever have a craving? Thats just me. I 90% agree with jeff. and a very informative thread to his customers which is great. But it think you should vape whatever you want to taste. If you want analog find something like it. But my adivce is those flavors taste like ... and geoff's tabacco taste like a very expensive analog or cigar IMO. So its realllllly good! TV Rocks!

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
lol its so odd - the flavor *I* get from TV Tobacco is like a tea/tannin undertone ( not american type tea but Indian/Biritsh black tea, the made with hot water kind). I certainly dont get any kind of raisin type smell or taste. I also have no idea what a cigar tastes like either.
Now, I actually can't stand tea, because of the tanin taste but in this vape I LOVE it. I adore TV's tobacco juice and plan to get more. That's the weirdest part to me of all; hate tea, love this juice. lol

jfdpl686

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
New York
www.flickr.com
First time poster but 3 weeks lurker here. Well, my path was not hard. I smoked for 20 years, I quit once for over a year… but I really enjoyed smoking cigarettes and mostly cigars (once every other week).
My problem came when the addiction and easy of doing it kicked in and from 3 cigarettes I went up and up… to a ¾ pack a day for the last 8 years or so.

I learned about the e-cig and after a month got mine 3 weeks ago. I was not looking to quit but to a healthier and less stinky habit.

I tried several flavors and I only really enjoy tobacco (B&H) and coffee (waiting for my first order or non-nic from TV) and I can’t be happier. I want to vape all day with 0 nic and have my “strong” nic and B&H flavor after meals only.

Since I still have some analogs at home, my wife told me to try one last night… I only could go half way since the flavor was not the same and the odor bothered me (being one of the major things I wanted to get rid of).

So, at least up to now, using mostly Tobacco flavor I feel any need for analogs at all.
Comparing the “products” is good, I feel different smoking than vaping, I see in the later the resemblance of the first BUT I don’t feel/see it to be the same.

Quitting or simply moving to a different habit may not be related only to a flavor or ritual but the entire personal belief. I guess people just have to really “want” to make the move, put the effort and then, the advantages of the e-cig will shine. It is a cleaner life for sure and I appreciate it.

Quick1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
USA
Good read. Considering all that they recommend you do when you try to quit smoking I have to agree with Mr. Vapor. It seems logical that the first thing that you would want to abandon is the "taste" of a burning cigarette.

Maybe that's the distinction. I'm not trying to "quit". I get absolutely everything from vaping that I got from analogs with respect to the habit, gratification, throat hit, satisifying the chemical adiction. Everything except the most harmful stuff which apparently I don't miss. I opened the box my 510 came in 2 months ago and haven't touched an analog since. And I don't miss anything at all. I don't crave anything that I'm not satisifying now. I do enjoy many of the Tasty Vapor flavors and could make do with just those but... why? I like 555 too. I know I would get a craving for that "tobacco" taste if didn't get it on occassion.

I agree if the goal is to rid yourself of the dependency and behavorial habit. You would taper off the nicotine to zero and with no craving for that particular taste you could work on the physical and behavorial aspects and rid yourself of the habit completely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread