Does Tasty Vapor Make Liquid That Tastes like a cigarette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
No. And we would never encourage anybody in this direction. As a 29 year smoker who has felt the health impacts of having smoked, and smoked for too damned long, I understand that this new solution to a very old problem is only as effective by trying to take the experience as FAR AWAY from the old problem as possible, while still being able to mimic some of the things I loved about the old problem. Kind of tricky psychology in that.

Tasty Vapor thought that offering something that was a COMPLETE departure from cigarette smoke, an altogether different and more pleasant and delicious experience, rather than an acrid, stanky and deadly experience. So we concentrated more on flavor than trying to approximate someone's previous smoking experience.

One of the primary components in the success of moving away from cigarettes and over to the electronic cigarette side, is the ability to offer something that aids in changing one's associations with the acts of smoking.

While e-cigs replicate the look and feel of smoking to a large degree, we also feel that helping to change the associations with the act, taste and effect are largely key in helping someone stick with an e-cig.

Example, taking a 5 minute drag session with an anlog, seeing and smelling your little puffs of smoke, making your breath, hair and clothes stink vs. using your e-cig, whenever you damned well feel like it, where ever you feel like it, taking puffs that taste like a pastry, candy or a favorite beverage, no stench, no offensive odor.....All of these attributes aid in completely changing the association with the act. Hell, with using our liquids, people have even been asked if they were baking something. I think that speaks volumes about what we're trying to do here.

But there are few who try and drag it back and try and make the new experience as much like their old experience as possible. We sadly believe these are the types that are likely to chuck their e-cig in the trash and just go back to the analogs. It's simple psychology, if you're trying to make the e-cig taste like a cig, simply put, you weren't ready to make a switch and aren't likely to have a huge success with this new product.

You'll need to be ready and willing to change your associations from the old act for the new act to have any positive impact.

Last edited:

Boredwalk

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2010
NJ
Thanks for that. I'm going to print it for my wife to read.

I started vaping on Jan 12th and got freed from analogs on Jan 29th. I'm trying to convince my wife to give it a try but she keeps coming back with "find something that tastes like a marlboro". I explain to her how I've been smoking menthol analogs for forty years and now menthol is one of my least favorite vapes. I made her a few cartos of Caramel Apple and she seemed a little receptive, at least admitted that it had a good flavor.

This should help my case.

Madame Psychosis

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2009
East Coast Gypsy
I wish all new vapers would read that.

Most people are going to search for a "cigarette taste/experience" at first. Seems like most give it up eventually and enjoy the change--but that's among those who stick around...it's hard to know how many come in with mistaken expectations and leave disappointed.

Not to be a fangirl...but true story: After two weeks of vaping, I finally gave up the search for a "Parliament taste" when I found something better.

Blueberry Cheesecake.

mwahle1

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL. USA
Sorry Mr. Tasty Vapor, I would have to disagree slightly with some of this. I usually vape the sour and/or sweet flavors; however, there are times, especially when I am drinking coffee, when I want something that is the least sweet as possible. In these cases, I generally choose a tobacco flavor or unflavored juice (even these are a bit sweet due to the PG). Most, if not all of the tobacco flavors cannot even come close to replicating cigarette smoke. Therefore, it is my opinion if someone only vapes tobacco flavors, the chance of them failing and going back to smoking is no greater or less than someone who only enjoys the sweeter juices.

Note: I am getting really anxious to try the Atomic Fireball juice for the first time; it should arrive tomorrow or the next day. After this, the Butterfinger flavor is next on my radar.

bobtow

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
Wallaceburg ON. Canada
I disagree also. Not every body likes sweets. I had a plant that smelled like peanut butter,and although I like peanut butter, I did not like the smell of it . If tobacco flavours are made not to imitate the original smokes, and a person like the new flavors, how is that going to tempt the vapers into smoking analogs? As a smoker, I never liked Camels, but I do like the Camel flavor from Vapables. It would not tempt me to buy analog Camels.

spaky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2009
Making cement boots
I both agree and disagree.:D Normally I can't stand the taste of the tobacco flavors and vape on a variety ranging from sweets to fruit to pastry. However when I'm drinking I don't really like those flavors and need one of my tobacco flavors. But I do agree that staying away from the tobacco flavors helps to keep from wanting to fall back to the analogs.

spaky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2009
Making cement boots
I do not think there would be any correlation between the flavor you vape and the odds of reverting back to smoking; but until a study is done, I could be wrong.:)
Do you really think that if you vaped the flavor of your favorite analog and were out and had your batteries die or forgot juice that you wouldn't be more likely to go buy a pack and smoke? Compared to someone that vapes a non analog flavor I would say that it's much more likely.

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
But there is liquid that is exactly like a cigarette

liquidAss.jpg

:D

mwahle1

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL. USA
Do you really think that if you vaped the flavor of your favorite analog and were out and had your batteries die or forgot juice that you wouldn't be more likely to go buy a pack and smoke? Compared to someone that vapes a non analog flavor I would say that it's much more likely.

Ok, if there was a flavor that tasted and felt like cigarette smoke, then yes, maybe you would be more likely to start smoking again. However, the tobacco flavored liquid taste nothing like a cigarette (at least to me and I have tried quite a few brands). So given how I perceive the taste of the tobacco flavored liquids it would be irrelevant what I vaped in terms of my odds in relapsing back to smoking.

Note: So maybe it would come down to how you perceive the taste of tobacco flavored liquids. To me they are all sweet; just not as sweet as some of the other flavors.

Last edited:

spaky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2009
Making cement boots
Ok, if there was a flavor that tasted and felt like cigarette smoke, then yes, maybe you would be more likely to start smoking again. However, the tobacco flavored liquid taste nothing like a cigarette (at least to me and I have tried quite a few brands). So given how I perceive the taste of the tobacco flavored liquids it would be irrelevant what I vaped in terms of my odds in relapsing back to smoking.

Note: So maybe it would come down to how you perceive the taste of tobacco flavored liquids. To me they are all sweet; just not as sweet as some of the other flavors.
I agree that the tobacco flavors do taste sweet to me when I'm drinking. But when I'm not, they taste an awful lot like an analog does, or maybe even not as good. That's why I agree that the sweet flavors can be an important way to stay off the analogs, at least for me.

Belletrist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2009
Virginia
i agree with mwahle... while the range of flavors available in vaping has definitely helped me quit, i love my cuban cigar & french pipe flavs too. that said, i don't think they taste 'like smoking a cigarette' (or a cigar, or a pipe, for that matter) at all. i'd just as soon the names were changed, though, to something without the words 'cigar' and 'pipe' in them.

i'm going to have to break down and buy some atomic fireball. i keep hearing about it, and i haven't bought TV yet cause i'm wary about large sizes of juice but... i love cinnamon and candy vapes and... yeah. i'm gonna hafta go for it. :p

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
It's a process...

After 35+ years of smoking I wanted something that looked and felt like a "real" cigarette when I first started vaping. After several months I've now graduated to a box mod (and Little Chuck) and couldn't care less about the shape of my e-cig. Now it's all about taste and performance. Right now I'm enjoying Tasty Vapor Tobacco/Menthol, but it tastes so much better than my old Salems I don't even think about real cigarettes anymore...

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sorry Mr. Tasty Vapor, I would have to disagree slightly with some of this. I usually vape the sour and/or sweet flavors; however, there are times, especially when I am drinking coffee, when I want something that is the least sweet as possible. In these cases, I generally choose a tobacco flavor or unflavored juice (even these are a bit sweet due to the PG). Most, if not all of the tobacco flavors cannot even come close to replicating cigarette smoke. Therefore, it is my opinion if someone only vapes tobacco flavors, the chance of them failing and going back to smoking is no greater or less than someone who only enjoys the sweeter juices.

Note: I am getting really anxious to try the Atomic Fireball juice for the first time; it should arrive tomorrow or the next day. After this, the Butterfinger flavor is next on my radar.

Actually, you can disagree all you want, but you just fortified my point. There's a difference between a natural tobacco flavor and the MANY MANY times people have asked me if I make something that tastes like a "burning cigarette". Which is what I'm addressing here.

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
funny how i never thought id love vaping butterfinger....but I do.

Thought id love vaping menthol tobacco....eek...its worse than death eating a cracker.

I do like the menthol flavors with other things tho.

Did you give the Tobacco Menthol a 2nd try? I wasn't crazy about it at first either, but it grew on me quick. :)

It has a sweet, musky aftertaste I've grown to love. :wub:

p.s. It's even better in a 510 mod. Lots more vapor...

mwahle1

ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL. USA
Actually, you can disagree all you want, but you just fortified my point. There's a difference between a natural tobacco flavor and the MANY MANY times people have asked me if I make something that tastes like a "burning cigarette". Which is what I'm addressing here.

I agreed with this part 100%:) and you just strengthened my contention. Tobacco flavor juices do not taste or resemble burning tobacco in any way. Therefore, if a PV user prefers the “tobacco flavored juices”, I believe that there is no correlation between preferred juice flavor and relapsing back to smoking.

That’s all I was stating.

Looking forward in trying the Atomic Fireball today--come on mailman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread