Status
Not open for further replies.

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
Hey guys, I'm going to fly soon and most all of my stuff doesn't look like something to take on a plane, so I've been taking a couple of ego batts with cones and cartos turned into genisis atties, but am thinking of an ego batt with the ring and a g-tank with a ghost protocol top. Like this, but I would clean up the juice that is in the threads currently.

7457162276_f632de671a_z.jpg

Does this look suspicious? In a world with various tanks and giant cartos available commercially, does the mix of SS, brass, plastic and o-rings seem off?

I could switch to the original SS top if that would be more aesthetically pleasing, but I'm hoping for something that looks harmless and familiar. Any thoughts?

perlionsmitnick

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2010
TX
I'd print a page on what the Ego and the ecig are just in case. Like bringing a parachute as a carry on, there's nothing illegal about it but doesn't hurt to have paperwork explaining it so they don't get nervous and reach for the box of gloves lol

You mean you don't like .... cavity searches? lol

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Thanks for all the input. I think the SS cover might look more uniform, but it might be construed as a blunt object.... I have two standard carto genisis already, that look like slightly longer cartos and use the cones. After using it some I'm thinking of not taking the g-tank as it isn't something I want to lose and it has to warm up, which isn't very good for stealthy vaping. It's a shame the whole ego setup is not so satisfying.

Screwbag

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2012
Malta
I'd print a page on what the Ego and the ecig are just in case. Like bringing a parachute as a carry on, there's nothing illegal about it but doesn't hurt to have paperwork explaining it so they don't get nervous and reach for the box of gloves lol

Haha like the X-ray card with a cypres unit? Those jerks at the TSA still popped my reserve open on the way to a boogie...I quit flying to boogies after that...
Blue skies man!

As to the mod, I personally wouldnt fly with that setup, they may use it to do the cavity search...lol

I find that a regular egoT or something similar has never raised any eyebrows, and my liquid in the little Baggie... Man I hate flying these days...

Last edited:

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
Just thought i would chime in.

Went from Pearson International Airport (Toronto, Ontario, Canada) to London Gatwick Airport (Horley, West Sussex, United Kingdom) with no issues. Plus a 1 hour flight to Isle of Man.

I was afraid of loosing my mod and having to carry around the charger/batteries that are needed. So I just took my trusty old eGo battery and tiny ego charger with a few Smoktech tanks, and called it a trip!
My eGo and two full tanks went on the flight with me. and a few bottles of juice got checked it.
No questions were asked, nothing was confiscated, and everything went smoothly.

If you are not willing to; loose it, break it, forget it, or let it get confiscated. Then just dont take it.

I thought that i was going to miss my Precise+18650 w/ Kick, but I didn't think twice about as i was enjoying my time away from home.

*Side note* No one on the Isle of Man had a damn clue what an E-Cig was and they didn't seem to care.... oh well.

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
I actually got turned on to vaping based on the possibility of enduring long flights and here is the 1st thread I bookmarked from ECF: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/travel-e-cig/35138-tsa-ecig-faq.html

Things were much more slack then and now it seems most airlines have a firm policy. TSA and foreign counterparts don't seem to have problems if it looks like something they've seen before.

Krythis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
WNY
krythis.com
Haha like the X-ray card with a cypres unit? Those jerks at the TSA still popped my reserve open on the way to a boogie...I quit flying to boogies after that...
Blue skies man!

As to the mod, I personally wouldnt fly with that setup, they may use it to do the cavity search...lol

I find that a regular egoT or something similar has never raised any eyebrows, and my liquid in the little Baggie... Man I hate flying these days...

Exactly! The moment they start scratching their heads looking at the X-Ray machine you hand them the Cypres card and TSA letter. In this case a print-out of the Ego site and one of the ecig business cards might make the trip through security a bit easier.

Blue Skies!

Screwbag

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2012
Malta
Exactly! The moment they start scratching their heads looking at the X-Ray machine you hand them the Cypres card and TSA letter. In this case a print-out of the Ego site and one of the ecig business cards might make the trip through security a bit easier.

Blue Skies!

No, they were still jerks, after I explained all, and showed them the paperwork....they still forced me to open it it...of course the pilot chute "accidentally" hit the guy in the face...all I could say was "oopsie!" lol

But, back to the topic at hand...best of luck making through the airports with your mod. I have resigned myself to traveling with an ego-t and just enough liquid to get by. It is sad that we have to live in fear of our personal property being taken from us before we fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread