Does Vaping make you feel normal or high?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HK-47

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
Arizona
Statement: At the very start because the sensation of vaping was different than smoking, I experienced an effect where I over-nic'd myself a few times as it was easier to do with vaping than it was with smoking. If you chain-smoke several analogs you feel many negative effects, most of those are not present with vaping until you start getting dizzy, nauseous and twitchy from taking too much nicotine.

Observation: I haven't noticed any particular increase or decrease one way or another in my mood since I've scaled back dramatically from smoking analogs, I still have a few a day (previously about a pack a day + smoker) so I seem to have found stability in the vaping and some more increased satisfaction from other flavors and such. I recall you were a non-smoker, but the known effects of nicotine are similar to caffeine in a lot of regards.

Speculation: It seems to me that substituting nicotine when you were a non-smoker previously in an attempt to self-medicate any conditions you have still seems like a bad idea.

HK-47

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
Arizona
Yea, im thinking hard on that. I've vaped pretty hard in the last half a week but im thinking of stopping now atleast until im reassured by my p-doc (never gonna happen). Do you think my dopamine receptors are already forever botched up? for life? like, FOREVER forever?

Exclamation: Dammit I'm an assassination droid, not a doctor!

Statement: The likelihood of your dopamine receptors being permanently damaged seems unlikely. Either way, there is no real way to answer that question without a true laboratory analysis performed by a qualified doctor. Asking such a question on the internet from people who may or may not have medical experience, and don't have the ability to dissect your fleshy meatbag central processing core doesn't seem likely to result in an accurate response.

LaciJ

Mar 10, 2013
Texas
Well coming from the position of not having nicotine in my system for roughly 6 1/2 years I can say that it makes me feel "normal". I was not "normal" without nicotine, I was a complete and utter mess. I think it's really about what nicotine does to the individual. For me, it's sort of like an anti depressant. I wouldn't say I feel "high", but my moods are certainly better. I also only need a very small amount to achieve this. I'm a 3mg vaper.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I vape 4 or 5 ml a day. If I get busy and leave my mod for a while, there comes a time when my brain tells me I need to stop and have a vape. I'm still addicted to nicotine, but after 3 years of vaping I could care less if tobacco cigs even existed. I thought I needed half a dozen cigs a day for about 2 years after switching to vaping. One day, I decided not to smoke those after dinner cigs and stopped buying them. It was nothing to quit ... not even an urge! My wife still smokes around me and I barely notice it. I never thought I could get to that point.

Do I feel something when I vape? Yeah, kind of. It's more like I miss the nic when I get busy and forget to vape. Most medical reviewers rate caffeine about the same as nicotine. It's the burning vegetable particles in cigarette smoke that ruin your health.

subversive

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
United States
Like the poster in your other thread, the best example I can think of is the morning. I wake up with half-shut eyes, unable (okay, unwilling) to speak or be spoken to, some possible homicidal tendencies, a fuzzy head, and a craving. Doesn't matter whether I have had 6 hours or 12 hours of sleep. It takes about 15 minutes of vaping to actually wake up and feel human. It's more than just not being a morning person. If I drank 2 strong cups of coffee and splashed water on my face in those same 15 minutes, I would still be an angry, half-asleep monster zombie person.

I do sometimes get a nic buzz...which is basically just a slightly dizzy feeling to me. I generally put my PV down when I reach that point. I wouldn't call that feeling "high", though. Oh, and while I feel more alert in the morning after using nic, at the same time, I can vape 36mg while lying in bed about to go to sleep. In fact, if I haven't vaped in 30 minutes or more, I have to have a few puffs or I will have it on my brain, leaving me unable to sleep. So pretty much it makes me feel "normal."

unquiet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
Philly
First off, I couldn't tell normal from a hole in the wall.

I have no doubt that part of the reason I started smoking heavily in the first place was to self-medicate (for depression, anxiety, etc.). And perhaps part of the reason why I really felt no motivation to quit prior to finding a viable alternative (i.e., vaping). I certainly don't imagine trying to wean myself from the nic any time in the foreseeable future either. On the other hand, once you start craving a drug on the biological level simply to be able to function, who can tell?

All I know is I like nicotine. And that I can't go very long w/o it before panic starts to set in. Sure I can feel a small stimulating effect on occasion, but mostly it just keeps me at baseline level mood-wise.

mare ze dotes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
WI/Boston
Like the poster in your other thread, the best example I can think of is the morning. I wake up with half-shut eyes, unable (okay, unwilling) to speak or be spoken to, some possible homicidal tendencies, a fuzzy head, and a craving. Doesn't matter whether I have had 6 hours or 12 hours of sleep. It takes about 15 minutes of vaping to actually wake up and feel human. It's more than just not being a morning person. If I drank 2 strong cups of coffee and splashed water on my face in those same 15 minutes, I would still be an angry, half-asleep monster zombie person.

I am much the same as this. I do have to 'nic load' in the AM to bring my self to functioning level. Yet I can go overbord and get quite dizzy if I dont watch myself. I move to a lower level of nic as the day goes on, But if I get a bad cravings I do a few vapes on my morning mix.

I am trying to get my self down to where I dont get the morning nic craizies anymore.:unsure:

cbfairbanks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2013
Tigard, OR
When I first started vaping (all of 2 months ago), I went from a pack and a half a day to zero, which is great. I started with 24mg juice and noticed a definite head rush. Then I noticed my bloof pressure skyrocketed, so I cut back to 18mg. I am still cutting back and am down to around 15mg now. I no longer get the head rush, but my bp is closer to normal now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread