Status
Not open for further replies.

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
I've posted this a few times, so I apologize to anyone else who see's this multiple times.

My dad does vape. He has for 3 and a half months. He used to smoke 2 packs a day. He decided to start vaping because patches and gum didn't work. Chantix was a miserable failure. So I convinced him to try vaping and he hasn't looked back since. He doesn't vape whle barbecuing because he doesn't do that anyways haha.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
My dad was a 2-3 PAD smoker for a long time. When I was in my teens, the doctor told him he had to quit and he quit cold turkey. This was some 30 years before e-cigs were invented. Every time he had the urge for a smoke, he would eat candy. We lost him to prostate cancer 12 years ago at the age of 86.

But I'm a dad....and I quit smoking by taking up vaping 5-1/2 months ago. And I vape while barbecuing.

Puff2K

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2015
USA
Sadly, my dad died before vaping came on the scene. Smoked 'til he died.
So did mine. He died at the age of 67 from a massive stroke. Might be the way I'll go too but at least I quit smoking and substituted the much less harmful vaping. Lots of memories today of a very complex person. I miss you, Dad.

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
my dad doesn't vape or smoke cigarettes (he smokes "other things" we can't talk about) but he is my biggest supporter. he loves checking out my new gear and listening to me talk about my builds and such. all around awesome guy. I was nervous showing him my first vape setup, he gave me a big hug and asked if I finally quit smoking cigarettes. one of the coolest days of my life.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I also lost my dad to lung cancer at the young age of 50. That was in 1974. He continued to smoke throughout his life. I often wonder if it was the smoking that caused it or it was the fact that he worked in the oil fields. Will never know but still wonder.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
My dad also did not make it to the Vape scene. Although a heavy smoker, it was Agent Orange that took him.
I believe he was progressive enough to at least have tried it if he had had the chance.

I, on the other hand, have now been vaping for about 2 years, 8 months. Sons are 30, 26 and a set of twins now 10. Also included are a couple of step-daughters, 13 and 19. The older one has vaped for a bit until the novelty wore off, although I'm pretty sure the 13 yo will get into it when her times comes.

All of them are glad the wife and I no longer smoke and don't see any problems with vaping!

Lewis8297

Jun 18, 2015
Unfortunately I lost my dad when I was 15. However, I did get my grandad into vaping, he was a 2 pack a day man. Got him into vaping a year and a half ago when he was suffering from serious asthma and high blood pressure. Since then his health has got a lot better. He's even running a 5k fun run this year. His setup is a sigelie 30w with a nautalis v2. He's a keen vaper and looking into mech mods and rbas now haha! Vaping has changed his and mine life for the better and I've loved reading everyone's story on here, happy Father's Day to my dad and grandad. Keep on vaping guys!

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
My Dad doesn't vape but he smoked for many years and quit around the time I was born. But for years everytime he saw me smoking he would tell me he couldn't wait till I quit smoking, but he knew how hard it was. And today he is an awesome supporter of my vaping and frequently asks about how it's going. And today we went to lunch in Galveston and I just mentioned I'd like to go to a vape shop around there he excitedly told me there was one just across the street. Afterwards he was curious to know what flavor juice I got even though the name meant nothing to him at all.

That's the next best thing to being a vaper in my book, just being supportive of it.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I wish. He used to smoke cigarettes but switched to cigars maybe 35 years ago. I've tried to get him to try it. He liked the fact that the tank would last but was upset that they are run by batteries :confused: I said well, you aren't going to want to be plugged into a wall outlet all the time!

I tried to tell him they were e cigars, too, but I lost him with "battery".

I'll see him Tuesday. We will see if he asks any questions this time.

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
Nice idea for a thread.

I recently got my father into vaping with an Egrip. It works well for him and I just wick it every once in a while.

He never was a heavy smoker, but he did smoke occasional cigarettes and would buy packs. We never really lived together or talked much so he didn't really know about my previous smoking habits, but when we reconnected I showed him vaping. He loves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread