Done With Vapor4Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puffice

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2010
In front of this screen
Well I am going to put my 2 cents in here, I am been vaping for almost a year and have mostly used V4 and I have had some issues. I don't care for the WOW or the cool carts and prefer the premium but have noticed even those don't last as long as they used to. Though I have tried the carts and juice elsewhere and their no better. As far as the batteries goes I still have the 2 batteries that I originally ordered yet I have had others that I have ordered later that did not last, same with pass thru. Same with many things that claim to be new and improved and just turn out to be new and not improved. It probably is their manufacture and do have to say what has kept me there is their customer service & warranty, their sales and their speedy delivery. So over all it balances out but I to wish they would go back to the original carts. :vapor:

VapingRulz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Florida
I started with V4L last October and I'm still using V4L - no other models. I guess I'm just lazy.

I was not a fan of many of their original and premium e-juice flavors but I love the Wow cartos and juices; they are very good. I love the batteries, my pass-thru, the good customer service and pretty much everything about V4L. Having said that, I have had a few bad batteries and cartos along the way. All were replaced without question.

Most smokers just want an e-cig model that gets them off the cigarettes and provides a smoking-like experience that is an acceptable substitute. For some people, that's the 510 because they like a cooler vape with more vapor. For others, like me, they want a warm flavorful vape with a great throat hit. Still others want a very hot vape with tons of vapor but at the expense of flavor.

This is not rocket science: just as there are many different types of tobacco cigarettes in terms of how they taste and feel, it's the same with e-cigs. I was brand-loyal for years and couldn't stand cigarettes that were too strong (like a mod) or too weak (like a 510). I couldn't smoke menthols.

For me, the KR808D-1 is my new brand, with the added bonus of being able to try different flavors. I love my e-cig. It works, it's very tasty, and I no longer smoke. That should be the criteria used to evaluate any particular model of ecig: does it work? Does it make people happy? It seems obvious from the postings I've read on this forum for nearly a year that the KR808D-1 is one of the top performers, along with the 510 and the new Ego/Riva models. I don't think enough vapers use mods yet, so they aren't even in the top five.

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
Most smokers just want an e-cig model that gets them off the cigarettes and provides a smoking-like experience that is an acceptable substitute. For some people, that's the 510 because they like a cooler vape with more vapor. For others, like me, they want a warm flavorful vape with a great throat hit. Still others want a very hot vape with tons of vapor but at the expense of flavor.

This is not rocket science: just as there are many different types of tobacco cigarettes in terms of how they taste and feel, it's the same with e-cigs. I was brand-loyal for years and couldn't stand cigarettes that were too strong (like a mod) or too weak (like a 510). I couldn't smoke menthols.

For me, the KR808D-1 is my new brand, with the added bonus of being able to try different flavors. I love my e-cig. It works, it's very tasty, and I no longer smoke. That should be the criteria used to evaluate any particular model of ecig: does it work? Does it make people happy? It seems obvious from the postings I've read on this forum for nearly a year that the KR808D-1 is one of the top performers, along with the 510 and the new Ego/Riva models. I don't think enough vapers use mods yet, so they aren't even in the top five.

Bingo.

Thanks so much for this. It is like a "brand."

I got together with a couple vapers from the forum the other night. One a Kr8 devotee, one a 510 devotee, and then myself - I lean towards Kr8's, but I'm a 3.7v and carto devotee above all.

"Mr. 510" didn't like the Kr8 - too strong.

"Mrs. Kr8" didn't like the 510 - too weak.

I like the 510 with cartos, but less with atties, and didn't like "Mrs. Kr8's" 5v PT.

Similarly, "Mrs. Kr8" and I love sweet, rich flavors, while "Mr. 510" will stick to his tobacco, thank you very much.

No one is right, no one is wrong. And the fact that we have different preferences is ultimately irrelevant. The important thing is, all three of us are completely off cigarettes, and we greatly enjoy our vaping experience.

Last edited:

bassthumper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2010
TN
Bingo.

Thanks so much for this. It is like a "brand."

I got together with a couple vapers from the forum the other night. One a Kr8 devotee, one a 510 devotee, and then myself - I lean towards Kr8's, but I'm a 3.7v and carto devotee above all.

"Mr. 510" didn't like the Kr8 - too strong.

"Mrs. Kr8" didn't like the 510 - too weak.

I like the 510 with cartos, but less with atties, and didn't like "Mrs. Kr8's" 5v PT.

Similarly, "Mrs. Kr8" and I love sweet, rich flavors, while "Mr. 510" will stick to his tobacco, thank you very much.

No one is right, no one is wrong. And the fact that we have different preferences is ultimately irrelevant. The important thing is, all three of us are completely off cigarettes, and we greatly enjoy our vaping experience.
EXACTLY. :vapor:
Thank you for this Mistress!
Nothing's better than the other (well maybe QUALITY but we're talking about models) everything about it is COMPLETELY subjective. Taste, power, etc.
You made a good point-- now for getting through the thousands of thick skulls in the vaping community... :facepalm:

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
EXACTLY. :vapor:
Thank you for this Mistress!
Nothing's better than the other (well maybe QUALITY but we're talking about models) everything about it is COMPLETELY subjective. Taste, power, etc.
You made a good point-- now for getting through the thousands of thick skulls in the vaping community... :facepalm:

I really don't get the religiosity of some people over vaping kit. At no point did any of the three of us feel a need to bash each other's faces in over our disagreement of hardware and juice.

I get that it's exciting to people to find what works for them, but people are different. None of us have had any significant problems with any of the stuff we currently vape (Kr8's, 901's, 510's, and eGo's) because they're all good models. If one or more of them don't work for you, it doesn't take away the value of the thousands or millions of people they HAVE worked for.

We may be loyal customers to our respective "brands," but each of those "brands" are good and worthy of loyalty for the people they work for. But there's a difference between loyalty and black-and-white thinking.

I don't ever recall someone getting pumped up because I smoked Luckies and they smoked Marb Lights. Do we really need to get pumped up over what types of flavors and voltage people prefer?

mi528hz

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2010
Reno
Ordered ten different juices from V4L this week. They showed up today. It was missing 5 of the juices!? I emailed them, we will see how good there customer service is, I guess. I don't expect to hear from them this holiday weekend but, it would be nice to get this cleared up by early next week. The invoice sheet looked like the packer was drunk checking off the juices as they packed them, looks like pencil scribbles. The problem that I have with this is if, they are this clumsy with packing their orders then, I don't know if I want them mixing the juices I will be physically ingesting? They do seem to have a chemical smell other venders don't have?

Last edited:

kaderick

ECF Veteran
Love the thread! I was perfectly happy with my smoke 51 untill I got on the forum and found out there was something better out there! I now have an EGO which is far superior! I am sure I will scape some money up and by a mod before long and then that will be my new favorite, I have not gotton a PT yet but will and am sure I will like it too. I used the drip method untill yesterday when I got my first Carto and haven't drip since I stalked the mail lady yesterday. I will drip of course when I want a flav change or a good strong flav hit, but am loving the cartomizers for the convience! We are all the same in the aspect that we don't want to smoke we want to vape but we all have our own taste buds and needs and wants. We also have our places to get things and are usually happy with what we have untill someone says there is something better. I don't like the heavy tobacco flavors and my Mother doesn't like fruity, but we both like 18-24 and my dad quite altogether with the nic and likes them all. Sorry half way through first cup of coffee, my other vice lol and of course we all have diff tastes on that too and diff makers to brew it! One thing I am learning quickly there is no right or wrong just personal preff and high and low quality. Ok waking the rest of the way up now I will quit ranting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread