don't know what i'm doing wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

bklyncat58

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2011
n.j.
im using a lava tube short . and a smoktek carto glass tank. just replaced the carto primed it . filled the tank. its set to 3.3 volts if I go higher I get a burnt taste so I keep it low. and im hardly getting any vapor. which tank and carto can I get to give me taste throat hit and lots of vapor. links would help. I'm seeing I should order boge cartos don't know which ones. . been vaping about a month for the 2nd time . somebody please please help.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Are you dead set on using carto's? I bought two of those a few weeks ago. After fiddling with the priming, shaking, priming, shaking and waiting a few times, I put them away. Too much hassle.

I fill my BCC's, close'em up and go. I have Evods, MT3S', Aro's, Protanks and a new X10. They are all beastly performers as long as I don't overfill and don't mess with them too much.

The coil head replacements are price comparable to the carto, but they last longer, require less maintenance and the BCC tank system is a more efficient user of the liquid. I can always pour the remaining liquid from my tanks into the "Suicide Bottle," which, right now, is about 15ml of who knows what combinations of flavors I've used over the last few weeks.

Vapolith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
yes they are pre punched

Ok, good. Do they come punched with one or two holes? Do you know the PG/VG ratio of the juice you are using? It sounds like not enough juice is getting into the carto. I had a few that I took a thumbtack to, and just made sure the airways were open. I've switched to laser slotted cartos now, instead of laser punched, and I'm getting great results. These are the ones I use: BOGE - LASER SLOTTED

BardicDruid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Central Texas
I've been using the Smok Tech tanks for over a year now, I have several of both sizes. What I use is a sharp 18ga, 1.5" needle and 5ml syringe from SmokTek.com. I get about 2.5ml of eliquid and push the needle all the way to the bottom of the carto, then I pull it out slowly while depressing the plunger and pulling it out. Then I go a 180 degrees from the first spot and repeat, then blow out the carto from the batt end and fill the tank, have never had dry hits. Also you'll want to have the tank on the carto when doing this because liquid will come out of the holes.

It sounds complicated, but after doing it a couple of times it gets real easy and my cartos usually last 2 to 3 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread