Dont let a cheap e-cig discourage you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyler2time

Jan 14, 2012
chicago
For a Christmas stocking stuffer my mom got me a cheap disposable e-cig. Me and the girlfriend were thinking about quitting anyways so I was willing to give it a shot. Lets just say that the flavor left a lot to be desired. But even though it wasn't all that pleasurable I did notice that it was satisfying my cravings. After my carts ran out, I ran out to a near by tobacco store and found some carts of a different brand that would fit my battery. These new ones tasted like I was smoking wet leaves from the gutter. I was extremely tempted to go buy a pack of cigarettes.

After doing some googling I found this site and learned about the wonderful world of vaping. Through this site I learned that there was a new ecig brick and mortar shop just a few towns over (Cignot in Elmhurst, IL). I went to visit the store to pick up some juice to fill my 808 carts. While I was there I was lucky enough to try out some flavors out of a Joye 510. That was when I realized what vaping was all about. I didnt want to spend the 60 bucks on a new kit so I just got a few flavors and went home and filled my carts. Although the flavor was much better, and by much I mean much much much much much better, I still wasnt getting the oh so satisfying huge hit of vapor like I did at the shop. So the very next day I went back and got the Ego-T kit and I haven't been more pleased. That was 3 weeks ago and although every once in awhile I get the craving for an analog I still havent slipped up. If I wouldn't have splurged and got the ego kit I can guarantee you Id be back to my pack a day.

TommyG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
Aurora, CO
Got a Tornado Tank for my birthday today, I believe it's a copy of the ego-t, and I absolutley love it. I started off with Century 21 from a local gas station, moved to the safe cig micro (almost gave up on vaping), the safe cig original, landed on V2 which was great for a bit until I started needing 3 batteries. Wish I would have started with something like this, would have been an easier transition and cost me so much less.

Welcome to the site, and I hope you enjoy your Ego!

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Welcome to ECF and the wonderful world of vaping. If you still have bad cravings, on your next visit to cignot, get a bottle of a higher mg strength to have on hand. It helps to step up just a bit when the cravings hit. Also, drink plenty of water. Vaping is very dehydrating plus it will help flush out all of the toxins that you've been putting in your body for so long.

lostinky

Moved On
Jan 14, 2012
Louisville
WOW how fast you can learn things with google after trying my first e-cig a century 21 2 weeks ago and trashed half a carton of cigs fim now looking at what i want to purchase to get away from the century 21s i have been wasting my cash on 14 days buying one every other day at $10 a pop looks like i could have purchased a nice starter kit cheaper by now.

tigerlily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2010
Oklahoma
Welcome to ecf! You couldn't have said it better. The cheap disposable may be a good introduction to the possibilities of vaping if the user is as determined as you. My fear is that too many folks who experience what you did simply discount vaping altogether and don't give it a second chance. Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm sure it will help others in a similar situation.

wfx

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
VA
awesome. yeah the entry level minis are a double edged sword. needs to be cheap enough to get folks on board, but not so cheap that they get frustrated and give up. i'm really happy to see the mini auto offerings getting better. the situation has definitely improved in the last couple of years. when i wasn't paying attention. some of the latest kr808 and that new sdk are pretty good.

sidetrack

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
among the sea shells
Welcome to ECF! You are one of the lucky ones to have found ECF before you spent way too much money or just gave up on the "gas station" starter kits. Gotta love the internet. Now, the next step to keep you from going nuts about what you are about to spend, I suggest you get a calculator and figure what you would have spent on analogs and try to keep within that amount. Good luck on that one, it took me 6 months to break even.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread